Loft raid!

A

Anonymous

I have just raided my parents loft and have found boxes and boxes of Star Wars toys from the original trilogy.

Millenium Falcon - boxed
Death Star - Boxed
Each figure with weapon (unboxed but some have backing card)
Original comics 1-100
Escape from the Death Star board game
Dagobah set. (boxed)
X-wing (boxed)
AT AT Walker (boxed)
Han Solo's pistol (boxed)

plus lots lots more... original fan club literature, lunch box, mug, ESB plate... Airfix snap fix kits and so many of the toys still boxed.

I need help... advice... I keep hearing "eBay it" but the logistics of sending out a boxed AT AT Walker look too complex in terms of maintaining safety during transit.

If anyone can offer any advice I would be most grateful, point me in the right direction, let me know of anyone/place that buys bulk collections... I would greatly appreciate it.

If anyone has any "wants" that I may be able to satisfy, please get in touch.

Thanks

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Hey Henry!

Ehh ok, where to start. You may well be able to sell some or all of your items on here. The best bet is to post a few pictures of what you have, so people can see what sort of condition the items are in, as well as what all you actually have. Obviously the better the condition the more the item is worth.
Don't worry no one will try and scalp you (we're a decent bunch on here)! We'll give you a rough ball park figure of what we think each item is worth. They will all be 'guestimates' because if you list 2 identical items on Ebay a week apart they can go for vastly different prices.
We'll give you what we feel you coud/should reasonably expect to get for them, of course ,if you think the item is worth more than we are suggesting you are perfectly entitled to put it on Ebay!

As far as posting items goes, only fair I warn you that a lot of collectors will expect the items to be well packed. The box/card the item came in/on is as important to most collectors as what is in it (be it a Millenium Falcon or a single figure). Think of it like buying a second hand car, if you looked at the car agreed a price and then when it came time to collect it the car had a huge dent in the side panel you wouldn't be happy.........when it comes to the original packing the items came in, the same rules apply for most collectors .
Normally a large box and some bubble wrap and or Styro-foam is more than sufficient. But, your right, an AT-AT can be a bit of a bastard to post!
Obviously, the larger the item your selling the more you charge in postage, after all it will cost you more in styro-foam, bubble wrap and above all postage at the Post office.

In short, post some pictures of what you have and we'll give you ball park figures of what we think the items are worth, you can then make your own mind up.
It is probably going to be (financially) better for you to sell individually, as most bulk buying collectors will pay less than the going rate (they need to make money when they sell it on), albeit it will be more hassle for you.

Any more questions, feel free to ask!

han duo

Sith Lord
weasel said:
Hey Henry!

Ehh ok, where to start. You may well be able to sell some or all of your items on here. The best bet is to post a few pictures of what you have, so people can see what sort of condition the items are in, as well as what all you actually have. Obviously the better the condition the more the item is worth.
Don't worry no one will try and scalp you (we're a decent bunch on here)! We'll give you a rough ball park figure of what we think each item is worth. They will all be 'guestimates' because if you list 2 identical items on Ebay a week apart they can go for vastly different prices.
We'll give you what we feel you coud/should reasonably expect to get for them, of course ,if you think the item is worth more than we are suggesting you are perfectly entitled to put it on Ebay!

As far as posting items goes, only fair I warn you that a lot of collectors will expect the items to be well packed. The box/card the item came in/on is as important to most collectors as what is in it (be it a Millenium Falcon or a single figure). Think of it like buying a second hand car, if you looked at the car agreed a price and then when it came time to collect it the car had a huge dent in the side panel you wouldn't be happy.........when it comes to the original packing the items came in, the same rules apply for most collectors .
Normally a large box and some bubble wrap and or Styro-foam is more than sufficient. But, your right, an AT-AT can be a bit of a bastard to post!
Obviously, the larger the item your selling the more you charge in postage, after all it will cost you more in styro-foam, bubble wrap and above all postage at the Post office.

In short, post some pictures of what you have and we'll give you ball park figures of what we think the items are worth, you can then make your own mind up.
It is probably going to be (financially) better for you to sell individually, as most bulk buying collectors will pay less than the going rate (they need to make money when they sell it on), albeit it will be more hassle for you.

Any more questions, feel free to ask!

here, here ! :D

A

Anonymous

Here is a link to the stuff I am going to sell shortly.

http://groups.msn.com/starwarsvintagetoys

This is just a picture gallery and as soon as I have chance I will add informative text on condition and description.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
You were a lucky kid! That's an impressive collection you have there.
Have you decided how you're going to sell it?

The star wars fan club stuff looks quite interesting, that stuff doesn't come up very often.

I'm a palitoy cardback collector so it would be nice to see a shot of the cardbacks without the figures on top so I can see what's there.

However you sell, don't get caught out selling it for a steal. The stuff will probably be worth more than your think, so shop around before you accept what you think is a fantastic offer on something. It's probably worth more!

Good luck!

Jason

snagbar

Jedi Knight
nice find,you will have so many emails you will need a couple of days off to answer them.
the vultures are hovering!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

spoons

Grand Master
Wow!

You have some great stuff there, and like Jason says don't get caught out selling it cheap. I love how you've recreated the pictures on the boxed items :lol:

I could well be interested in buying your boxed snowspeeder, cloud car and Han Solo Blaster, so pm me if you have decided on a price. And by all means sell cheap to me :wink: I could be interested in the Hoth sets too.

In general completed auctions on ebay are your best bet for price, but some of your stuff is fairly rare.

The 1st issue boxed AT-ATs have been going for Ã'£100 - Ã'£150 recently, and the boxed Death Stars normally go for at least Ã'£150.

The boxed minirigs don't go for that much but you should get at least a tenner for them depending on condition.

Most of the boxed playsets and ships go for Ã'£25 - Ã'£50. Your Palitoy landspeeder could be a bit more, you'd need to check on that.

Good luck

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Once you get the detailed individual pictures taken, we should be able to give you ball park figures for what your stuff is worth.
Obviously, if they go on Ebay they may go for more or they may go for less, that's the risk you take with Ebay.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom