Mystery Solved-21BK Fett - Missed Out or Lucked Out?

lejackal

Grand Master
Okay, I should start by saying I don't have photos for comparison, nor a link to the original auction as it was around 18 months or so ago and to be honest has haunted me on and off since with not knowing if I missed the sale of the century or avoided being ripped off.

Around 18 months ago there was a 21Bk Fett on card up for auction on ebay. I found it with about 30-40 minutes to spare on, I think, a Tuesday afternoon. I thought it must be fake because at the time I didn't even know there was such a thing as a 21 back card.

It wasn't mint but from a quick look on my phone I imagine it would have displayed great. I never bought it and it went for something like £130-£150 which seems far too cheap.

So there we are, should I have twisted and took a chance or did I do the right thing in avoiding it?

any thoughts/mocking will be equally well received.

Cheers

Carl

itfciain

Grand Master
I would be amazed if it was genuine if it was an auction listing - even a year ago the prices on a piece like that in decent shape was 4 figures and cards like that rarely escape people's searches

If it was a BIN then maybe it could have been listed up by someone not knowing what they had

lejackal

Grand Master
It was an auction and to be honest if I hadn't shown the other half at the time I think I would have been better if posting this in the false memories thread.

Ian_C

Jedi Master
Unless it was horribly misspelled, there is no chance a legit 21 back Fett goes that cheap in the last decade at least. And there are too many people hunting for it to slip under the radar. I suppose if it was missing the POP and had damage, been a reseal, etc., a legit card might go that low, but it was almost certainly a repro at that price.

Ian

Bootyhunter

Jedi Master
As above there is virtually no chance of a 21 back fett going that cheap.
Recently a card back went for £68! :shock:
I think even one with the pop removed would be around the £700 Mark.

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Remember the old saying "if it looks too good to be true if probably is".

That said, if it's not crazy money maybe you take the plunge and see what comes in the post. If it's repro you'll get your money back every time. If it's not then you party for a month.

lejackal

Grand Master
jedisearcher said:
if it looks too good to be true if probably is

That's what I decided, although I do still wonder about it occasionally thinking its the one that got away.

This was 18 months ago so its all whats, ifs and maybes anyhow, just wondered what seasoned pros would've done.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Yeh as said 99.9% a repro or recard etc.
Also as said most of the time when someone gets a steal on eBay it's when something is listed as a BIN by someone who has no idea what they have and therefore list it under a poorly worded title or indeed totally wrong title that would let the piece slip under the net :!:

steve obi wan

Sith Lord
Supporter
Surprised that low , I would definitely say it would have been a reproduction , however stranger things have happened, I picked up a VCJ for a great price a few weeks ago , so it can still happen :shock:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom