just got this..have i over paid for it ?

han duo

Sith Lord
ive been after one of these to complete my run of r5d4's, ive got several on esb,sw, & trilogo... and ive been after a rotj for ages. just seen this one and got a bit bid happy.. iam to bothered if i have over paid as i really wanted it, it would be nice to know if its the right price ??

cheers inadvance.....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=330217397074&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=014

Ron

Sith Lord
Looks alright priced Han the card is nice and glossy. The bubble is yellow. Buts that what you expect from most of the ROTJ. I thought you where going off line for a few weeks.

han duo

Sith Lord
Ron said:
Looks alright priced Han the card is nice and glossy. The bubble is yellow. Buts that what you expect from most of the ROTJ. I thought you where going off line for a few weeks.

yeah i will be soon , the guy moving in to my business has been held up and its put things on hold for an extra week... i will be off line at the end of this month (about the 30th)for a couple of weeks or so.. still thinking of selling my collection though, iam only going to keep a few pieces the rest is going as its taken over my life and with me buying a new house i dont want it turning into a ebay lab, like this place i have at the minute......

iam keeping my boxed esb 14" boba, boxed atat,and maybe a few moc figures the rest is going....even my collection of masks and helmets :(

han duo

Sith Lord
Ron said:
Are you sellong it all. Did you not say a few weeks ago you where planning buying some AFA bits

maybe later, but i think ive been put off by prices.....to be honest ive thought now might be a good time to get rid of moc's, as the plastic bubbles arne going to hold forever, yellowing, brittle bubbles etc, devalue the item and are inevitable as there not getting any younger !!! i might stick to a few boxed items, and one or two mint moc, but once they start to go i will get rid of those too !!, boxes are the way ahead !!

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
I keep slowly trimming down my collection but I am tempted to send them all to AFA for loose grading and just stick them on ebay !! :lol:

Ron

Sith Lord
Am trimming back as well just want 1 of every figure graded. With the first 12 palitoy. Also keeping these boxed vehicles and playsets. Stuff from first film,hoth wampa,jabba the hutt,falcon,ewok village,tatooine skiff

Ron

Sith Lord
Han am in the middle od selling off most off my sealed af vehicles. I dont think the bubbles will fall off. They are getting more brittle. The best thing for sealed boxes id to get them graded as the tapes on thse things are slowly drying out and lifting

AndyG

Jedi Knight
£33 was probably on the cheaper side of what they can go for - I'd say an average of £37-£45 although with the bubble being yellow (most are anyway) and with the tack hole and general descrption of the card being in fair condition probably a reasonable price.

I am after a 77 back R5-D4 myself but the last time I bought from this seller the "slightly dented bottom left corner of the bubble" turned out to be a fully crushed bubble so I won't buy from them again.

Also, as they are based in the Channel Islands customs duty may apply as they have a different tax regime over there - the package when you get it will have a customs form on it.

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
I've bought loads of stuff from Jersey and Guernsey and although they have "customs" stickers on the packages I have never had to pay any charges, plus Play.com wouldn't get as many orders from the UK if they did !! :lol:

AndyG

Jedi Knight
Just before Christmas the woman in the queue in front of me at the PO was paying a customs charge for a play.com computer game from Jersey :shock:

I've bought stuff from play.com and had never heard of anyone paying duty until then.

You could buy anything you like for £18 anyway and it may be why play mark the form with stuff like "optical media" for a Star Wars figure.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom