PBP Greedo Query - Blue vs Green Boots?

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Hi,

This query half belongs here and half in the Vintage Collecting Chat, possibly, but I didn't want to double-post so I am only adding it here :)

I'm hoping someone can help with this query please. I always assumed (perhaps wrongly) that the blue boots PBP Greedo variant was rarer than its green boots equivalent. However, recently I have had cause to query this, and now I'm not at all sure. Does anyone know if one variant is any rarer than the other please? And what should I expect to pay for a 8.5 out of 10 condition loose one of each?

Thanks.

I dont own this variant, but I believe that the bright pale blue boot PBP variant is much rarer. In his book Javier mentions 3 boot colours for PBP Greedo. "blue, pale greenish-blue and pale blue" of course colour is in the eye of the beholder, but the difference is between the green & the blue is noticable IMO in the few I've seen. I'm interested as to why you have doubts though?

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
3 variants then?! I didn't realise that, but I suppose I shouldn't be surprised! :)

I asked because I recently bought a 'blue boots' Greedo. It wasn't exactly cheap, but it was nice condition and I couldn't find a recent eBay sale to compare the price to, so I took a chance and bought it. Having got a 'blue', I then tried to get a 'green', and thought I found one on eBay. The listing didn't specify a colour, but the photos certainly looked green to me, so I bid on it and won it for a fraction of the first one. However, when it arrived it was the same colour as my existing one; blue. Now not having any other PBP ones to compare them to, I'm not absolutely sure which variant I now have two of, but judging from your description, I guess I have the blue rather than the pale blue one. And naturally I was wondering whether the one I now have is more common than I thought it was.

And of course, I am also interested to know whether I overpaid on the first purchase and / or underpaid on the second!

From what I remember (and Im old so dont hold me to it) the PBP scared blue boots blue is very noticibly different, look at the blue in the UK part of SWF.UK, thats the sort of blue. One sold (I think earlier this year) on Ebay cant remember what for, but I think it went into 3 figures. I think if you had it in hand it would be obvious.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Thanks. Well, the colour of the boots on my PBP ones is certainly blue when compared to any regular Greedo, but I can't honestly say it's as blue as the SWF.UK logo blue. The easiest thing might be to upload some comparison pictures of mine next to a regular Greedo, so I will try to do that once my PC returns to me; it has been creaking for months as has finally gone in for repair!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom