YPS Stormtrooper???

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
Could someone please help me, loose figures really aren't my speciality.

Had this for a fair few years, can't remember where I got it, but it defo came with the magazine or comic that is associated with the YPS figure.

No idea if this a genuine YPS Stormtrooper, any advice is appreciated and also if this is the correct weapon....

Does have 1980 LFL on figures right leg....

Thanks folks....

DSC_0748.JPG

DSC_0749.JPG

DSC_0750.JPG

DSC_0751.JPG

I think I read somewhere that they originally came with the standard snowtrooper rifles but when they ran out of those they were subbed with the Action Force ones.....but this could be folklore. Both are technically correct but collectors usually associate the so called YPS trooper with the Action force rifle, other wise its just seen as Trilogo figure. The skirt should have large single holes at the top not small holes and splits. The skirt should also feel thin and is shiny on one side and matt on the other and the coo should be scared out although a number of versions of this scar exist because of the filler used in the molds deteriorating. Hope this helps you out. :)

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Hi lee.

No such thing as a yps hoth trooper. What you have there is the hard torso pbp hoth trooper with the correct cape and weapon (round holes as opposed to slits)

Yps was a German comic. They gave the pbp hoth trooper away with one of the issues (stef will tell you which I'm sure). It came with either the correct sw weapon or an action force sa80 in black.

The misconception is that buying a pbp hoth trooper and getting the black sa80 from an action force figure or opening up an action force accessory pack magically makes it a yps hoth trooper. In my opinion there are only 2 figures that are this. Childhood figures that you personally had that you know came with the comic or a sealed copy of the comic.

Anything else is just cannibalized from other parts. It's a really nice figure as the details on the hard torso are sharper looking. It's worth about £30-£50. If it has the sa80, people will pay £120 plus for it. A lack of understanding is a dangerous thing.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Mr-shifter said:
Hi lee.

No such thing as a yps hoth trooper. What you have there is the hard torso pbp hoth trooper with the correct cape and weapon (round holes as opposed to slits)

Yps was a German comic. They gave the pbp hoth trooper away with one of the issues (stef will tell you which I'm sure). It came with either the correct sw weapon or an action force sa80 in black.

The misconception is that buying a pbp hoth trooper and getting the black sa80 from an action force figure or opening up an action force accessory pack magically makes it a yps hoth trooper. In my opinion there are only 2 figures that are this. Childhood figures that you personally had that you know came with the comic or a sealed copy of the comic.

Anything else is just cannibalized from other parts. It's a really nice figure as the details on the hard torso are sharper looking. It's worth about £30-£50. If it has the sa80, people will pay £120 plus for it. A lack of understanding is a dangerous thing.

This is why we have a great forum, we can all learn, we can all benefit from advice from others, as Lee has done, posted up for advice and the responses are brilliant
SWFUKers are the best 8)

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Mr-shifter said:
Hi lee.

Perfect example of what makes this place so great - Nice work Ben!

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
Thanks for the information Mr Shifter, as I mainly collect MOC I have little knowledge of loose figures.

As other's have said, this forum is brilliant such a wealth of knowledge amongst its members, really appreciate the information and advice.

Probably put it on the sale forum

walkie

Sith Lord
The YPS comics came packaged with both the standard blue rifle and the black AF one.

Is the COO smooth on the photos I can't quiet tell?

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
walkie said:
The YPS comics came packaged with both the standard blue rifle and the black AF one.

Is the COO smooth on the photos I can't quiet tell?

Hi Walkie

No the COO isn't smooth, you can feel it as you run your fingers over it.

scarfaceone

Padawan
I got a sealed example from a fellow MOTU Collector, who still had 2 examples from his childhood. I got it graded this year from Steve.

My YPS Trooper has the regular weapon inside, which I prefer more than the Action force weapon.

2060E0BF-76DB-4865-8151-2889F6F46D82_zpsp195xelu.jpg

5C42853B-D053-4D4D-A880-613D8A898732_zps1clmkll8.jpg

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
scarfaceone said:
I got a sealed example from a fellow MOTU Collector, who still had 2 examples from his childhood. I got it graded this year from Steve.

My YPS Trooper has the regular weapon inside, which I prefer more than the Action force weapon.

2060E0BF-76DB-4865-8151-2889F6F46D82_zpsp195xelu.jpg

5C42853B-D053-4D4D-A880-613D8A898732_zps1clmkll8.jpg

Now this is 1000 times more a yps trooper than all of the loose ones you see paired up with the action force sa80. The tiny detail that people miss is it's the comic that makes it a yps trooper, not the gun.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom