New collectible category

Scratchiegeorge

Youngling
Hi guys. Started collecting a unique catehory of collectibles being scratch lottery tickets based on movie or tv themes. I have a collection of charcters from revenge of the sith. In addition I also have raiders of the lost ark, king kong, hulk, lord of the rings , austin Powers, mummy to name a few. The collectability comes from the rareness from them not being scratched ie mint condition. I like to think of them as the new cigarette cards. Interesting in what you guys think. My guess is that the value wont be realised in my life time but you never know. Look at the ebay listing for the stars wars collection http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/232136147655. I found some one jn usa that has some other star wars scratchies. Let me know what you think. George

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
These are probably worth a couple of £'s on a good day. Unless there's a Palitoy logo somewhere. :)

Scratchiegeorge

Youngling
Thanks guys. It seems that I will put away for another 20 years. I'd like to think that I am onto something but given feedback that unless it is toy there is not much interest. Just wonder wgat people thought about the first guy that collect cigarette cards or star wars toys etc. Anyhow I dont need to sell so I will keep. Just thought people would be interested in something unique and different collectible. George

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
The main problem with these is that they're prequel.
If they'd been vintage you might have been onto something but as you say, if you're happy to sit on them, who knows in 20 years. :p

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Clarkspie&chips said:
The main problem with these is that they're prequel.
If they'd been vintage you might have been onto something but as you say, if you're happy to sit on them, who knows in 20 years. :p

Spot on!

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
The trading card hobby is currently killing itself in an avalanche of variant cards, sticker autographs and nigh-on impossible chances of completing sets, so these could go with it or be the replacement.

To be honest they're incredibly niche and I see very little chance of them increasing in value as collectors won't have a nostalgic or emotional attachment to then... unless they win some money on them!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom