I need a Valuation of my collection !

VLC

Youngling
I've recently auctioned my whole collection, an some stuff seems more highly bid for than I expected.
So i'm asking for a valuation for my education, as some people keep trying to get to sell privately off-ebay, with big offers. I've put a link to my auction in my signature to be discrete.
If you have any queries about the items let me know, an i'll be happy to answer.
Oh an spread the word, as I hope my collection goes to some good homes.

Items...
A 1977 cinema billboard poster
'Revenge' of the Jedi iron-on patch.
Shreddies sceneboards, 4 of.
Stickerbook 1980.
Chewbacca mask, 1977
4 star wars candy bar + ice-lolly wrappers, 1977
star wars annual number 1 - 1977
star wars story book 1977
ESB annual - 1980
star wars media-press-pack book, 1977
trading cards, various 1977-1998
star wars weekly comics, 1977-80
[theres 20 more items + 20 star trek items]

lejackal

Grand Master
As it's at auction the value will be the end price, alternatively ask here - http://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=3

maxf

Jedi Master
If someone will offer you a big price off ebay, there is a decent chance they will bid at least that - if someone else will too then you're in.

I'd let them run and see - make sure the descriptions and titles are correct though.

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Yes, there's a couple of bits you have that are really sought after. There 3 or 4 things there I would like.

A case of lockingg the stable door after the horse has bolted in this case though as they're already bid on before you asked for a valuation but the wrappers are £25 each. The Chewie mask in that condition is £20-30. The ESB sticker book is £50-ish.

Not sure on the Shreddie scenes - could be £5 could be £50, hard item to value.

Good luck.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
You could/should get better pics on these listings IMO, a few are out of focus and the Lyons maid lolly wrappers are of course two sided. One is R2, but no idea of condition on reverse, the other is a mystery character.
Better pics, better bids...

Palifan

Sith Lord
I do think those Shreddies transfer backdrops could be the thing that sells for the most. They're not complete as there was some text with the full scene and people will always pay more for a complete box with the front of the box as well but I do think these will be of interest to people.

Placing a value on them is difficult as it depends on who's after them at the same time but I wouldn't be surprised if the 4 of them go for over 100GBP. As I mentioned in your other post do let this auction play out and see what happens. I know it's tempting to do a deal off of eBay but I've done that once in the past and it just upsets other bidders and still makes me feel bad that I did it to this day. Also, even though you may end up taking less money than you're being offered I'd say this rarely happens as there are normally at least 2 bidders who really want something like this. At least you'll find out the true value of your items and have a bit of fun watching those final few seconds of bidding action.

As mentioned above though you haven't done yourself too many favors with the way you've photographed most things and also listed them. I know it's hard to know what some items are but coming to a place like this forum first and asking advise would have really helped you out. I think you can still update your listings on eBay without restarting your auctions so if you mention Shreddies in the transfer listing and Lyons Maid Ice Cream in the Chewbacca mask post you might find more interest. Just some friendly advise that you can take or leave.

All the best with it and I'm sure there a few of us on here interested to see how some of these items do (funnily enough I have all 4 of the Shreddies transfer backs from my childhood and those lolly and sweet wrappers so I'm really interested to see how this ends).

Ian

VLC

Youngling
SublevelStudios said:
Yes, there's a couple of bits you have that are really sought after. There 3 or 4 things there I would like.
A case of lockingg the stable door after the horse has bolted in this case though as they're already bid on before you asked for a valuation but the wrappers are £25 each. The Chewie mask in that condition is £20-30. The ESB sticker book is £50-ish. Not sure on the Shreddie scenes - could be £5 could be £50, hard item to value. Good luck.

Yes you an others here are right about not asking here first - But that's because I never knew star wars stuff was 'that' sought after.!

I was assuming it would go like the star trek items did, which was low key by comparison.
I tried looking for a forum like this on star wars collecting but only found this site !

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom