Header image

Valuation please

Ask expert collectors for advice on pricing items.
lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: Valuation please

Postby lejackal » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:51 pm

Joe wrote:Not sure how I missed this thread, wow!

Love the fact that you bought an Italian Harbert DSD for 99p right here in the UK!

That actually adds strength to the otherwise flimsy story of the Harbert VCJ bought in the UK in the eighties.

steve obi wan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby steve obi wan » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:35 pm

Agree !!
Steve ,

Reliving my child hood , only this time I have to spend my own money !

ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:58 pm

Like Joe I'm amazed I missed this thread until now.

Some of those are going to be hard to value because of they are very uncommon. Luke and Leia on 45b cardback a (those are what you have) really don't turn up. I would suggest in open auction you'd be looking at £400+ on each. I know that's what I would be prepared to go to and I'm meant to be selling, not buying. The only caveat there is a closer look at Luke. He looks to have picked up something a little nasty.

The pick of the bunch is the Harbert Death Star Droid. Absolutely brilliant and that 99p sticker makes it. Four figures in him no problem at all. You'll do well out of these and £3,000+ shouldn't be too hard at all.

Question for you: it's unusual, although by no means unheard of, for stores to put price stickers on the back or on the bubble. Those are to too least "problematic" spots for collectors: they're easily removed from the bubble (although it's a shame to do so) and unobtrusive on the back. Did you move the labels when you bought them or did they come like that?

Pholt222
New User
New User

Postby Pholt222 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:17 pm

Hi, not been on here much. Sorry. Got too confused with all the different information. All the figures are exactly as I bought them, aged by being in a box at the back of a meter cupboard. We bought lots, along with some dinkey and corgi cars, action man stuff etc. When we saw them reasonably priced and were giving them to our son as presents bit by bit but he went off them so they all just stayed there. They are what they are and no attempt has been made to change or improve. I understand from others on here a couple of them have, I think the term was frosting, if I remember correctly.

Regards
There's nothing right in my left brain and nothing left in my right brain.

Return to “Vintage Valuation Requests”