Sears Mos Eisley Playset w/ Blue Snaggletooth MIB

Munsface64

Hi, I recently came across this and snatched it up at auction. I see one sold on eBay for $5000 USD, but it looks like it was returned or a cancelled purchase because it is back up.
The one I have is slightly better too, the tape is cut, but all the bags are sealed including the pegs (his pegs are loose). The box is in decent shape, but definitely has some wear on the edges/corners, no tears,

Anyway, couple questions:
What is it worth?
Would it be wise to get an AFA rating? If so, should I have them also rate each figure inside and contents, or is that redundant?

I plan to keep it myself a bit and then sell it.
snaggle.JPG

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Well it v nice to have the contents factory sealed so that alone would command a premium. The box looks like it has seen better days so that will hold it back a little. To achieve a price in the region of $5000 the entire piece would have to b factory sealed ie box factory sealed both ends too and graded 80 therefore the box would have to b considerably better than urs.
I'd say ur piece is worth around £1200+ today.

Munsface64

palitoyjunky said:
Well it v nice to have the contents factory sealed so that alone would command a premium. The box looks like it has seen better days so that will hold it back a little. To achieve a price in the region of $5000 the entire piece would have to b factory sealed ie box factory sealed both ends too and graded 80 therefore the box would have to b considerably better than urs.
I'd say ur piece is worth around £1200+ today.

Thanks, I appreciate your comments, but I think that evaluation is pretty low considering the bagged Snaggletooth alone goes for $1500-$2400 USD. This set includes that along with the other characters and mint contents of the playset.

momike

Jedi Master
Seems to me the valuation you have been given is fair if not a bit to high judging by this recent auction on eBay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Wars-Vintage-Cantina-Adventure-Set-in-Box-MIB-Kenner-Blue-Snaggletooth-/292043327331?hash=item43ff238763%3Ag%3AzW0AAOSw4CFYuGoN&nma=true&si=RYl078qD4uzN8dKw7%252FzuFCklLNQ%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
The OP is right, a baggie blue snaggletooth alone can fetch north of £1000

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AFA-85-NM-Blue-Snaggletooth-Kenner-Sears-Cantina-vintage-sw-c-baggie-star-wars-/122328242871?hash=item1c7b54dab7:g:fT8AAOSw2xRYitb4

I don't know why that set linked on ebay sold so cheaply, the text isn't in english but maybe there is a major flaw (open baggies or some such), if not someone got a real bargain!

The OP doesn't show the contents, so presuming they are excellent condition and all complete with paperwork, inserts, sealed baggies, and the two figures boxes then I'd value the set at around £1800.

chewbaccadave

Jedi Knight
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
The OP is right, a baggie blue snaggletooth alone can fetch north of £1000

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AFA-85-NM-Blue-Snaggletooth-Kenner-Sears-Cantina-vintage-sw-c-baggie-star-wars-/122328242871?hash=item1c7b54dab7:g:fT8AAOSw2xRYitb4

I don't know why that set linked on ebay sold so cheaply, the text isn't in english but maybe there is a major flaw (open baggies or some such), if not someone got a real bargain!

The OP doesn't show the contents, so presuming they are excellent condition and all complete with paperwork, inserts, sealed baggies, and the two figures boxes then I'd value the set at around £1800.

TRANSLATION:

I offer Star Wars Vintage Cantina Adventure Set in Box MIB connoisseurs - TOP & Rare!

The box is still in good condition. Only at the corners and edges does the box wear. The content is complete, all 4 figures are in Baggie, only Blue Snaggletooth Baggie is open. The figure itself has some wear on the legs. The 3 other baggies are still Sealed. As well as the small baggie is also Sealed. It is sold as it is in the photos, for more info & photos see photos!

I am selling my whole Star Wars collection, see other auctions. Falz not described otherwise is everything, for the age, in the very good to top condition, since very well-kept.
As a rule, all pages of a box were photographed, no photo is duplicated. Folding not described otherwise, almost all boxes, for dust protection, have a Plexiglas case. Everything is original Star Wars Vintage. It has NOT been added new, new glued, or copied, etc ...!

OFFERS ARE NOT ACCEPTED!

Since private sale no warranty, guarantee and return!

momike

Jedi Master
That explains that one, wondered why it was so cheap....I stand corrected :?

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Well hey I poss stand corrected :!: I didn't realise that a sealed baggie Blue Snagg has jumped so much :!: But clearly those top prices would b for a high graded Blue Snagg :!:
I own an unused Cantina Adventure Set myself that I put together a fair few years ago now. Actually have both Snaggletooths in sealed baggies in the set 8) cost me around £500-£600 all in.

momike

Jedi Master
Last I was aware they were selling for £800 but what I know about prices these days you could write on the back of a stamp

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Yeah, I too would have thought the one posted here to be in the £1200 range. £1000 for a sealed Snag is bonkers. But then what's new?

Given the state of the box I still would expect it to sell for less than £1600. I'm afraid that using the price sold of a listing that has then reappeared is fairly pointless. Whatever the reason, it didn't sell at that price.

Munsface64

ScruffyLookingNH said:
Yeah, I too would have thought the one posted here to be in the £1200 range. £1000 for a sealed Snag is bonkers. But then what's new?

Given the state of the box I still would expect it to sell for less than £1600. I'm afraid that using the price sold of a listing that has then reappeared is fairly pointless. Whatever the reason, it didn't sell at that price.

Thanks for all of your comments. Is it worth getting any sort of AFA rating? Even just the sealed Snag?

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Munsface64 said:
ScruffyLookingNH said:

Thanks for all of your comments. Is it worth getting any sort of AFA rating? Even just the sealed Snag?

To maximise your return, yes, particularly if the baggie is in good condition. However you have the wait of posting it off, the cost of getting it graded and returned, potential for loss in post, etc. If they're going for the sort of money Matt says then if I was you I would just list it as it is. The problem I forsee is that a person who wants a sealed baggie blue Snag doesn't necessarily want the rest of the Cantina Playset.

If I was you I would list it at a Buy It Now price you want and see what happens. Of course, you could list it here first -10% for eBay fees and see if you get a quick sale that way: you get the same amount because of no fees and someone here saves themselves 10% on the regular price.

TripleJawa

palitoyjunky said:
Well hey I poss stand corrected :!: I didn't realise that a sealed baggie Blue Snagg has jumped so much :!: But clearly those top prices would b for a high graded Blue Snagg :!:
I own an unused Cantina Adventure Set myself that I put together a fair few years ago now. Actually have both Snaggletooths in sealed baggies in the set 8) cost me around £500-£600 all in.

Any chance you would sell the set!?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom