Header image

Tri Luke original UKG 80

Ask expert collectors for advice on pricing items.
User avatar
edd_jedi
Admin
Admin
Posts: 5988
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:43 am
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Re: Tri Luke original UKG 80

Postby edd_jedi » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:45 am

It is a very nice example so I can see why you would pay a premium for it (especially as it is UKG graded, AFA tend to grade trilogos incredibly leniently.)

I remember a couple of years back Joe and I were discussing the value of Luke with Mike on Facebook and he was adamant you couldn't get one for under £500. I have bought two for under £400 since then, so it definitely is possible!

User avatar
coomber75
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1458
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:13 pm

Re: Tri Luke original UKG 80

Postby coomber75 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:51 am

I know its killing me wanted the last 17 on potf but prices are killing me :(

Lindo
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1184
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:26 pm
Location: Durham

Re: Tri Luke original UKG 80

Postby Lindo » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:59 am

coomber75 wrote:I know its killing me wanted the last 17 on potf but prices are killing me :(

snap mate, I have all of the potf last 17 bar the obvious two that I will need to sell my body to get, then again I'm quite hot so should get some offers :P
Looking for POTF moc's pm me if you have any for sale

User avatar
palitoyjunky
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2563
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: Tri Luke original UKG 80

Postby palitoyjunky » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:49 pm

Mr-shifter wrote:To be honest with you Jon, I disagree a little there. Maybe 10 years ago when you saw minty clear potf figures and dented trilogo bubbles but these days most potf have the yellow bubble which becomes brittle and paper thin.

Give it another 5-10 years and I think potf will be the scarcer moc. As they get sold and posted and more and more get busted out. If you have them look after them!


Well I didn't really have the yellow bubble defect in mind Ben when I was talking about the POTF as nearly all r yellow or tinged in that line. However fair point on the brittleness factor.
Looking for mint sealed or unused Palitoy Empire.

User avatar
palitoyjunky
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2563
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: Tri Luke original UKG 80

Postby palitoyjunky » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:57 pm

edd_jedi wrote:It is a very nice example so I can see why you would pay a premium for it (especially as it is UKG graded, AFA tend to grade trilogos incredibly leniently.)

I remember a couple of years back Joe and I were discussing the value of Luke with Mike on Facebook and he was adamant you couldn't get one for under £500. I have bought two for under £400 since then, so it definitely is possible!


No doubt it is poss Edd and well done for doing it. I think it would b near impossible to find a mint one in that price range now though :!:
Looking for mint sealed or unused Palitoy Empire.

User avatar
Andyclarke
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1048
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 11:18 pm

Re: Tri Luke original UKG 80

Postby Andyclarke » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:42 pm

If you got it around the price we discussed, I think it's a good buy. You certainly wouldn't lose any money on it should you ever want to sell. Mint and near mint stuff is commanding such a premium now whatever the piece.

PulsarP
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee
Posts: 342
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:54 pm
Location: Sheffield

Re: Tri Luke original UKG 80

Postby PulsarP » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:29 pm

palitoyjunky wrote: As I have a mint first issue Luke graded I thought it fitting to have the same Luke on his last card card type graded near mint 8)



That is a brilliant idea
Looking for any Palitoy logo esp. 30, 41 and 45a.
Also looking for any 20back droids and cantina aliens on any cardback.

User avatar
palitoyjunky
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2563
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: Tri Luke original UKG 80

Postby palitoyjunky » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:54 pm

Andyclarke wrote:If you got it around the price we discussed, I think it's a good buy. You certainly wouldn't lose any money on it should you ever want to sell. Mint and near mint stuff is commanding such a premium now whatever the piece.


Cheers Andy, hopefully it will b one I keep for a long time :)
Looking for mint sealed or unused Palitoy Empire.

User avatar
palitoyjunky
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2563
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: Tri Luke original UKG 80

Postby palitoyjunky » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:55 pm

PulsarP wrote:
palitoyjunky wrote: As I have a mint first issue Luke graded I thought it fitting to have the same Luke on his last card card type graded near mint 8)



That is a brilliant idea


Cheers Paul yeh it will all b good so long as the Tri arrives safe :? :lol:
Looking for mint sealed or unused Palitoy Empire.


Return to “Vintage Valuation Requests”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests