Header image

Tri Luke original UKG 80

Ask expert collectors for advice on pricing items.
edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Re: Tri Luke original UKG 80

Postby edd_jedi » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:45 am

It is a very nice example so I can see why you would pay a premium for it (especially as it is UKG graded, AFA tend to grade trilogos incredibly leniently.)

I remember a couple of years back Joe and I were discussing the value of Luke with Mike on Facebook and he was adamant you couldn't get one for under £500. I have bought two for under £400 since then, so it definitely is possible!

coomber75
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby coomber75 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:51 am

I know its killing me wanted the last 17 on potf but prices are killing me :(

Lindo
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Lindo » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:59 am

coomber75 wrote:I know its killing me wanted the last 17 on potf but prices are killing me :(

snap mate, I have all of the potf last 17 bar the obvious two that I will need to sell my body to get, then again I'm quite hot so should get some offers :P
Looking for POTF moc's pm me if you have any for sale

palitoyjunky
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby palitoyjunky » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:49 pm

Mr-shifter wrote:To be honest with you Jon, I disagree a little there. Maybe 10 years ago when you saw minty clear potf figures and dented trilogo bubbles but these days most potf have the yellow bubble which becomes brittle and paper thin.

Give it another 5-10 years and I think potf will be the scarcer moc. As they get sold and posted and more and more get busted out. If you have them look after them!

Well I didn't really have the yellow bubble defect in mind Ben when I was talking about the POTF as nearly all r yellow or tinged in that line. However fair point on the brittleness factor.
Looking for mint sealed or unused Palitoy Empire.

palitoyjunky
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby palitoyjunky » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:57 pm

edd_jedi wrote:It is a very nice example so I can see why you would pay a premium for it (especially as it is UKG graded, AFA tend to grade trilogos incredibly leniently.)

I remember a couple of years back Joe and I were discussing the value of Luke with Mike on Facebook and he was adamant you couldn't get one for under £500. I have bought two for under £400 since then, so it definitely is possible!

No doubt it is poss Edd and well done for doing it. I think it would b near impossible to find a mint one in that price range now though :!:

Andyclarke
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Andyclarke » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:42 pm

If you got it around the price we discussed, I think it's a good buy. You certainly wouldn't lose any money on it should you ever want to sell. Mint and near mint stuff is commanding such a premium now whatever the piece.

PulsarP
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby PulsarP » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:29 pm

palitoyjunky wrote: As I have a mint first issue Luke graded I thought it fitting to have the same Luke on his last card card type graded near mint 8)

That is a brilliant idea
Looking for any Palitoy logo esp. 30, 41 and 45a.
Also looking for any 20back droids and cantina aliens on any cardback.

palitoyjunky
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby palitoyjunky » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:54 pm

Andyclarke wrote:If you got it around the price we discussed, I think it's a good buy. You certainly wouldn't lose any money on it should you ever want to sell. Mint and near mint stuff is commanding such a premium now whatever the piece.

Cheers Andy, hopefully it will b one I keep for a long time :)

palitoyjunky
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby palitoyjunky » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:55 pm

PulsarP wrote:
palitoyjunky wrote: As I have a mint first issue Luke graded I thought it fitting to have the same Luke on his last card card type graded near mint 8)

That is a brilliant idea

Cheers Paul yeh it will all b good so long as the Tri arrives safe :? :lol:

Return to “Vintage Valuation Requests”