palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
IMG_1752.PNG

So what's a fair price for this one in today's market :?:

Many thanks in advance.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
He sure he is mate 8)

Come on all u Tri experts where r u :?: Joe, Edd etc ur input would b much appreciated :p

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
What it's worth and what you will pay for one are two different things I'm afraid. Rarity wise he's pretty common, but he is one of the most desirable trilogo figures. A couple of years ago you were looking at £2-300. I personally wouldn't pay more than £500 for one. But one sold for nearly a grand on eBay not long ago, so like a lot of MOCs it comes down to how patient you are willing to be. I have seen them sell for anything from £400-1000 recently.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Many thanks Edd, I kinda was expecting that kind of answer but I wasn't sure if a four figure sum was realistic. Joe said the blonde hair example is defo more desirable too and I like the fact the sabre is in Luke's arm 8)

Cheers.

itfciain

Grand Master
I get what Edd is saying (and agree with him) but I am sure listed on FB or at Vectis then that would fetch up to 1000GBP - ticks every box - high grade Trilogo and sought after figure

Joe

Grand Master
The example pictured is the one that Mike Vogt had for sale for about 6 months at $1200 odd with no takers. Does he still have it? I saw it was marked sold but not sure if it actually sold or he just took it off the market.

It's definitely one of the nicest ones I've seen but I think the price tag was still quite excessive, depends how much mint is worth to you I suppose. I know most people would rather go for a £400 example with a bubble dent or two than pay almost triple for one without a minor imperfection.

coomber75

Sith Lord
ok so have to ask... why the premium on tri logo... I ended up getting a tri logo han carbonite but really wanted the potf... is there much difference in price ??

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
coomber75 said:
ok so have to ask... why the premium on tri logo... I ended up getting a tri logo han carbonite but really wanted the potf... is there much difference in price ??

On potf vs trilogo last 17, r2 carries a stupid premium, ev9d9 is about double, as is the gunner, and amanaman carries a premium as well. The rest should be about on par, except han carbonite which seems to be more expensive vs the trilogo.

Of course, yak and anakin are yak and anakin.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Well this premium put on mint Tris is simply because the average condition of a Tri is lower than that of say a POTF or Kenner/Palitoy domestic etc. So one is paying for rare high condition hence why there was a mint AFA 85 Tri Amanaman at a previous FF show with an £1800 price tag :!:

Yes this is the FB Tri Luke owned by Mike and Yes I have purchased it for slightly less than the asking price but not much :!: As I have a mint first issue Luke graded I thought it fitting to have the same Luke on his last card card type graded near mint 8)

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
To be honest with you Jon, I disagree a little there. Maybe 10 years ago when you saw minty clear potf figures and dented trilogo bubbles but these days most potf have the yellow bubble which becomes brittle and paper thin.

Give it another 5-10 years and I think potf will be the scarcer moc. As they get sold and posted and more and more get busted out. If you have them look after them!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I think loose prices are driving up the cost of both POTF and trilogo last 17. A couple of years ago you could buy most of them for around £100 and all of them for under £300.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
It is a very nice example so I can see why you would pay a premium for it (especially as it is UKG graded, AFA tend to grade trilogos incredibly leniently.)

I remember a couple of years back Joe and I were discussing the value of Luke with Mike on Facebook and he was adamant you couldn't get one for under £500. I have bought two for under £400 since then, so it definitely is possible!

Lindo

Sith Lord
coomber75 said:
I know its killing me wanted the last 17 on potf but prices are killing me :(
snap mate, I have all of the potf last 17 bar the obvious two that I will need to sell my body to get, then again I'm quite hot so should get some offers :p

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Mr-shifter said:
To be honest with you Jon, I disagree a little there. Maybe 10 years ago when you saw minty clear potf figures and dented trilogo bubbles but these days most potf have the yellow bubble which becomes brittle and paper thin.

Give it another 5-10 years and I think potf will be the scarcer moc. As they get sold and posted and more and more get busted out. If you have them look after them!

Well I didn't really have the yellow bubble defect in mind Ben when I was talking about the POTF as nearly all r yellow or tinged in that line. However fair point on the brittleness factor.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:
It is a very nice example so I can see why you would pay a premium for it (especially as it is UKG graded, AFA tend to grade trilogos incredibly leniently.)

I remember a couple of years back Joe and I were discussing the value of Luke with Mike on Facebook and he was adamant you couldn't get one for under £500. I have bought two for under £400 since then, so it definitely is possible!

No doubt it is poss Edd and well done for doing it. I think it would b near impossible to find a mint one in that price range now though :!:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom