Hello....

nilknarftsgt

Looking to sell an old collection and was keen to get an idea of whether its worth anything to a collector. It has sat in the loft for 25+ years.... Moving house and found it again while clearing out... based in Essex.

Have zero idea, just wanted to sell if it is worth something.... There are a bunch of vehicles/ships, an ewok village, at-at, around 65 figures + a bunch of boxes and cards, plus a whole load of cloaks, guns, sticks and backpacks....

It was played with, but has sat in a sealed box for 25 years. Any assistance you kind folks can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• falcon.jpg
    falcon.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 794
  • atat2.jpg
    atat2.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 793
  • atat.jpg
    atat.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 793
  • fighter.jpg
    fighter.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 789
  • collection2.jpg
    collection2.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 794
  • collection.jpg
    collection.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 793
  • village.jpg
    village.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 790
  • transport2.jpg
    transport2.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 795
  • transport.jpg
    transport.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 795

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Keep it and join the group as a collector, there's some great items there. :D

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
Don't be in a such a rush to sell because once it's gone, it's gone.
There has been posts by collectors who regret selling their stuff.

Research eBay for complete and incomplete items.
Research boxed vehicles with/without leaflets, sticker sheets, and inserts.

If you're still intent on selling it then decide if you want to sell bulk or separate.

I agree you're looking at over a grand.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Agree with the others: only if you get no nostalgic feeling at all, sell it. If you even get a twinge of nostalgia then keep it. You'll never get your figure back.

As for value I'd guess well over a grand. I can see Imperial Dignitary, A-Wing Pilot and possibly Lumat there. That suggest you may have some of the more desirable last 17 and they command good money on their own. Photos of figures, maybe in groups of 10 or so will help gauge value as it's the figures and weapons worth the bigger money. Vehicles are still cheap.

Mr. Tie

Jedi Knight
Nostalgic or not... Sold my collection years and years ago, stuff that I've played with for years and in good condition. Sold it but after years regretted it and had to start from scratch. Now I do own many desirable items, but would not part from them so easily.

It is not always about the money, just wish I had my own toys from childhood... :?

nilknarftsgt

Hi,

Many thanks for all your replies.... I do get the whole nostalgia thing - not wishing to offend any of you collectors, but I just really don't have any desire to keep any of it - I have too much other stuff already!

I live abroad now and don't have room for any of it, my parents are downsizing and just de-cluttering en-mass.... They nearly went in the bin but my sister had the forethought to check with me who in turn checked here on the off chance, I figured they'd be worth maybe 100GBP for the lot!

I will ask my sister to take some more detailed pictures of the guns/backpacks and list all of the figures we have, there are about 60 or so from memory along with more detailed pics of them.... Will take me a few days to organize, then I'll post an update....

Cheers!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Love finds like this, just proves there is so much out there still hidden away. As others have said you have a significant amount of money there, it will take effort to maximise profit selling individually, but even as a bulk lot you're looking at £500+. You owe your sister a drink :)

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
You obviously took great care of your toys as a kid - they look in amazing condition.
You'll make someone very happy with that collection, sell it on this forum, you'll get a fair price and peace of mind.
I'm away to stare at the pictures of the Falcon and Walker again :D :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen: :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom