Vintage 1978 wallpaper 5 rolls

msitekkie

I have 5 rolls of vintage Star Wars Vymura wallpaper that I bought when I was a boy and never used. From 1978 l believe. Found them again when clearing my parents house.
I understand these are very rare and they are all sealed and the same batch number. The plastic packaging a little tatty at the end on a couple, but the paper itself is in good condition.
I see someone in the US has a single (unsealed) roll on eBay.com for $224.99

mumbo

Sith Lord
Your best bet is to do a search on sold listings on ebay......... in fact I've saved you a job :wink:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=vintage%20star%20wars%20wallpaper&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

You may have something of value but this is not an area I'm familiar with, wait for some more knowledgeable oddball collectors to chip in.

Good clear pics would also help

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
I've seen complete rolls sell for between £50-£75. They are hard to find but not really that sought after. There's a limited number of people who might want to actually use the stuff and they don't display that well unless you start cutting them up.

Pic would be cool, nice to see all five rolls together :)

msitekkie

Here you go:

Wallpaper.jpg

Thanks for the input - I had done the Ebay completed listings search, but as it's such a rare item was difficult to get a feel and useful to see reactions here.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Very cool thing to find, as the guys have said although rare they are not very sought after. But definitely worth something.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
SublevelStudios said:
Oh no, I have the sudden urge to want to paper my office in this stuff...somebody please stop me!

I think if I had a feature wall space available I'd be very tempted to do the same!

Its an odd conundrum really... its vintage original, so it should be treated as we would a MoC, its probably rarer than many, many MoCs too, but that doesn't make it valuable.

As a roll it quite frankly looks a bit crap, I'd have no interest in buying and displaying a roll like that, but unwrapped, actually used as wallpaper, or I guess a large strip framed to create a feature at the top of a set of stairs etc would look amazing and give it the exposure it deserves, but in the process destroying it in its production packaged form.

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
I'd echo Grant's advice, please don't open them! These sealed rolls are really hard to find and I'd place the value at a lot more than £50 each, probably getting on for double that. Great to see 5 of them together.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom