ESB Hoth Rebel Soldier

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Just put this guy up for sale, but just noticed a tiny tear to the litho inside the bubble, next to his shoulder. Also noticed some pencil writing underneath the footer. If this is a reseal, it's mightily convincing- it looks for all the world like an original MOC. I guess the pencil could've happened in the factory, but maybe I'm clutching at straws. Any advice and opinions would be appreciated!

20170807_171835.jpg

20170807_171916.jpg

20170807_171900.jpg

20170807_171851.jpg

20170807_171842.jpg

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Andy, I'd say it's not the news you want, I'm afraid. I picked up an ace IG-88 Trilogo from Nick at FF and it's similar in that there is the tiniest tear near the seal (outside on this one) and similar suspect seal at the bottom of the card but otherwise brilliant. I know where you're at though: it's too good to be a reseal, surely?! You have to ask yourself what other logical explanation is there for the damage under the bubble, the slightly wrong seal and the pencil marks on the footer and there isn't one.

How much is it worth as a reseal? Always a tough one. I don't know what it's worth as a MOC or how desirable it is. In my mind a reasonable reseal should be around 20% of the real deal (for Kenner and Palitoy). However, that's not an average reseal, it's almost flawless. I'd say you'd be safe up to about 50% of the full MOC value, maybe a touch more.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Thanks Sy, I'm inclined to agree with you. I may well just keep it, as it looks stunning...

I had it up for £165. I remember when I bought it, the previous owner started a thread for opinions on various MOCs that he was going to sell, and everyone thought this one was fine. However, the evidence (especially the footer) wasn't quite as clear then.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom