Meccano trilogo ATST DRIVER

Cardbackkid

Jedi Master
Hi everyone , can I get a valuation on this Meccano trilogo atst driver please the card is pretty nice does have some ink touch up at the top , the bubble has some issues crack at bottom and two small holes up the top the figure can not be removed but the weapon can fall through the holes .

:)

Attachments

• IMG_0267.JPG
    IMG_0267.JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 528
  • IMG_0268.JPG
    IMG_0268.JPG
    123 KB · Views: 519
  • IMG_0269.JPG
    IMG_0269.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 522
  • IMG_0270.JPG
    IMG_0270.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 519
  • IMG_0271.JPG
    IMG_0271.JPG
    178.3 KB · Views: 519

lejackal

Grand Master
Very good Palitoy Trilogos have been hitting £100 (for some unknown reason) recently, yours is obviously more desirable than that but has obvious issues- when was it bought for 45€ ? Was it in the same condition when purchased for that?

lejackal

Grand Master
Not trying to say it's only worth 45 by the way, just trying to gauge the market when it was purchased to the market now

Cardbackkid

Jedi Master
Paid a little less than that worked out about £35 and yes it was in the same condition as it is now .:)

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
I've just sold a Trilogo Luke Poncho on Meccano Trilogo for £140. It had similar bubble damage but to one end only and was in better condition card wise and without touch ups.

That said, Stephane and Yann's Collector's Handbook gives Luke Poncho 3/5 in terms of rarity and the AT-ST Driver as 4/5 in terms of rarity on Meccano cards. Which, in theory, makes it as hard to find as a trilogo Jawa :shock: I have some issues with the rarity guide, but then I guess rarity does not automatically translate into desirability.

Given the damage and the touch ups I just can't see if being worth more than about £60 to the right person. I should point out that is my feeling on it's value rather than what I know it to be worth. In the world of Meccano cards, if someone turned round and said it was worth £200 I wouldn't be surprised, just think Meccano collectors were even madder than I already did :D

I don't know who you could approach to ask for an impartial value. Maybe Stephane Faucourt and Yann Leroux themselves. They're good guys.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
To be honest you would be better off asking in the Meccano group on Facebook, I don't think there are too many Meccano experts on here

lejackal

Grand Master
Dorsetmark said:
OK
Going to show my lack of knowledge now
What makes it Meccano?
The punch and the smaller bubble, maybe other identifying marks but those are the big two

lejackal

Grand Master
Dorsetmark said:
OK yes I can see that now :D
Thanks
Although just to confuse matters the bubble being smaller doesn't necessarily prove it's a Meccano according to Joe, some are Palitoy with leftover bubbles from the 65 back era I think

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom