Palitoy Imperial Troop Transporter

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I was hoping for the Forum's opinion please on this Palitoy Imperial Troop Transporter which I want to sell. I have my own opinion of the probable value, but was hoping to get some other views before finalising a price.

The box has certainly seen better days, with rubs, scratches, scuffs, dents, small punctures and creases, however still displays pretty well despite all of that. The Transporter itself is also less than mint. Whilst basically sound for display purposes, its previous owner(s) haven't been kind to it. I have tried to clean it up, but it would certainly benefit from a proper clean. The battery cover is present, but the compartment beneath is badly corroded and has leaked into the rear compartment below (again, I have tried to clean this, but obvious marks remain).

The black plastic radar 'dish' and the pair of black plastic prisoner restraints are all missing (these can all be found on eBay if anyone wanted to complete the toy), as are various stickers across the toy. Also, the front wheel is pushed upwards and no longer sits in its mounting (this may be repairable, but I have not tried. The wheel can be pulled downwards back into position, but will not stay there as the plastic mounting above it has deformed at some point and now needs pinching together again to hold the wheel).

Basically, this is a used toy and box, but still a Palitoy one for all that. It makes for a reasonable enough display piece by itself, or would make a good place-holder in a collection until a better one comes along.

Any ideas on value? Thanks.

PITT - 01-04.jpg

PITT - 05-08.jpg

PITT - 09-12.jpg

PITT - 13-16.jpg

PITT - 17-19.jpg

PITT - 20-23.jpg

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
The toy is such a beater, and you are wanting to get the best £ for it, so I would suggest selling the empty box as one lot £40, the red battery cover as another £15, and the other removable parts too maybe £20 total. Let this one go towards making some better unbroken examples whole again.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
The toy is such a beater, and you are wanting to get the best £ for it, so I would suggest selling the empty box as one lot £40, the red battery cover as another £15, and the other removable parts too maybe £20 total. Let this one go towards making some better unbroken examples whole again.
Thanks for the reply and advice. I appreciate it :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom