Header image

Palitoy 20-backs with damaged bubbles

Ask expert collectors for advice on pricing items.
Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: Palitoy 20-backs with damaged bubbles

Postby Palifan » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:21 am

Hi,

Nice looking set of 20 backs and as someone who has put my own set of reseals together over the years I've been tracking on ebay the sold prices for these since early 2013.

I think it's fair to call these reseals as they must have all been opened at some point due to the missing footers and damage to the bottom of the bubbles but I can say the last prices these went for up to June of this year (which was the last time I looked and logged these prices from ebay).

R2 - A Back - just card and bubble missing top of bubble (no figure) - £84 BIN Feb 2017
A Back - Complete in good condition but no nameplate - £77 August 2016
B Back - Nice condition but no footer - £125 September 2015

R5 - No figure but nice conditioned card, bubble and footer - £100 March 2017 . I haven't seen many of these reseals around.

Greedo - Good condition but no footer - £125 Feb 2017
Not bad condition, no footer - £110 July 2016
Nice condition and complete - £80 August 2015Not bad condition, no footer - £68 October 2015
Not bad condition, no footer - £68 October 2015

Walrus Man - No figure, no footer or nameplate - £11.06 July 2015. Now there's a cheap one!
Complete and card ok but bubble in bad shape - £57 Feb 2015

Hammerhead - No figure, no footer or nameplate - £7.51 July 2015. Now there's another cheap one!
Pretty good one, not sure if it was a real footer - £78 November 2014

Snaggletooth - Really nice one but with no footer -£68 Jan 2016

Death Star Droid - Nice condition and complete with footer but no figure - £120 BIN Accepted June 2017
Top of bubble sliced so nice but no figure or footer - £65 Jan 2015

These are all the relevant prices I have and there may have been a few more recent sales but you would need to do a sold search on ebay under Star Wars Palitoy.

Hope this is of some help and I'm looking to upgrade my Hammerhead so please do think of me once you're ready to sell.

All the best with it .

Ian

x-wingMark
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby x-wingMark » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:15 am

Some good advice. Hoping these come up for sale on here and that we all have a chance of getting some.
The First Transport is Away!

Deploy the Garrison!

SWFUK Feedback viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17775

DarthDooDoo
New User
New User

Postby DarthDooDoo » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:48 pm

Thanks again everyone for some really helpful advice! Looks like I've got some homework to do on eBay! :D

I was wondering what the price sticker was on Anakin, thanks ScruffyLookingNH! I seem to remember my mum found that one for me on a market stall, maybe Toy & Hobby had offloaded their unsold stock there? Thanks also for your guidance on Romba and Warok.

Many thanks Palifan for your hugely detailed post - I took a look at the most recent sales and saw a DSD cardback (no bubble) in worse condition than mine sell for £70 last month!

I'll do a bit of checking around and post these up for sale when I've worked out the figures. Thanks to everyone who has expressed an interest in them so far!

John

dianoga77
Regular
Regular

Postby dianoga77 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:42 pm

HI with regards the 20bks if i was you i would list them as auction and throw caution to the wind :)

DarthDooDoo
New User
New User

Postby DarthDooDoo » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:57 pm

Thanks dianoga. I’ve never actually sold anything on eBay before (bought plenty of stuff though!) but maybe it’s time to dip my toe in the water!

maxf
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby maxf » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:42 am

Given the 2 pages of advice you've had, it would be nice if you offered them here first!
Detailed WTB list here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=32243

Includes: Loose figures, Palitoy MOCs, Meccano 20bks, Vehicles, Mailers, Paperwork and more.

DarthDooDoo
New User
New User

Postby DarthDooDoo » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:57 am

Hi maxf, that is absolutely my intention and why I flagged them up here in the first place - I've just spent the whole morning taking some better photos so that I can pop them in the Items for Sale thread!

In the event that any of them are left over, I'll take the plunge and stick them up on eBay. Apologies if I didn't make that clear.

Mini99
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Mini99 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:46 pm

Thanks.
I know that this will appreciated by the guys on here.

maxf
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby maxf » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:55 pm

DarthDooDoo wrote:Hi maxf, that is absolutely my intention and why I flagged them up here in the first place - I've just spent the whole morning taking some better photos so that I can pop them in the Items for Sale thread!

In the event that any of them are left over, I'll take the plunge and stick them up on eBay. Apologies if I didn't make that clear.

Good man! No fees on here either, and no scammers of course.
Detailed WTB list here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=32243

Includes: Loose figures, Palitoy MOCs, Meccano 20bks, Vehicles, Mailers, Paperwork and more.

coomber75
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby coomber75 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:50 am

awesome advice all around and great list of reseal prices, im trying to do the same, where cant afford the sealed onnkey figures so v helpful, thanks.
my advice, I sell here Facebook and three times in ebay. here you get best knowledge, response and ease.
Facebook exoect some haggling andcits a pain in thecass tonkeep track of the sales thread, also expect some digs from people about things, they just seem to do it :roll:
ebay luck of the dice may go through the roof may crash n burn and dont be suprised if you get it sent back.... under the not as described heading
theres a couple id love so if you do go ebay or Facebook rather than here can you possibly give me a heads up.
good luck!!

DarthDooDoo
New User
New User

Postby DarthDooDoo » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:20 pm

Thanks coomber75 - a few people have expressed an interest so I'll give you all a heads-up before I list them in the "For Sale" section (hopefully later this week - I'm concentrating on unpacking and photographing all my loosies at the moment!).

Return to “Vintage Valuation Requests”