Header image

Value of complete vintage collection

Ask expert collectors for advice on pricing items.
choffialoopa
Regular
Regular

Re: Value of complete vintage collection

Postby choffialoopa » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:42 pm

Phew. I don't know if my mental compass is going way out of tune and starting to sound like a madman. :shock:
To help the Original poster as good as possible here is my examples of C7-C8.5

(older Ebay listings so we don't meddle with current trades) of Han Hoth.

C7
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Star-W ... 7675.l2557

C8
https://www.ebay.com/itm/vintage-star-w ... 7675.l2557

C8.5
One sold yesterday in an action yesterday, so won't list it with a link but that was £25-ish. Most would probably call it C9. Can't even find anyone in Ebay sold in UK that I would rate C8.5 except that one yesterday.

Dunno. I don't mean to be rude at all, just get a general bearing.

My guess is a
C8 collection with all variants is around £2700
C8.5 around £3500 as Lejackal hints.
C9 No idea as I don't have enough data yet to base it on, from my perspective and experience the last month.

choffialoopa
Regular
Regular

Postby choffialoopa » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:46 pm

Alltooeasy wrote:I did the usual new collector error of rushing in and paying lots for graded 'mint' figures from the first 21.
No idea if i was ripped off or not and no idea whether to sell and start again or look to exchange.
Dont know if to keep on buying graded mint or loose mint.
I dont have a problem paying decent amounts for quality condition but as a bit of a paranoid collector if im paying big bucks i want them to be mint condition and stay that way so again storage and keeping them safe and in mint condition is another minefield for me as no idea on that subject either lol

I hear you with tuning in a focus can be tough at first.
I try and avoid graded figures. Mostly because I don't get the grading methods. Seems rather odd. I prefer asking sellers to provide more pictures on mint loose I like and decide myself. I find that approach more romantic and less scientific. I find the grading purchases "all too easy" Alltooeasy 8)

TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:07 pm

In the end whether you buy loose or graded must come down to personal preference and / or space.

Personally I prefer to touch, feel, sniff the figures. Ahh the smell of plastic... Brings back so many happy memories. You can also easily compare Coos, accessories etc which if you’re collecting variants or unsure of Repro is a massive plus. Then there’s the space consideration. 98 figures loose takes up far less space than 98 graded. And finally the cost...

You can see I prefer ungraded :lol:

Alltooeasy
Regular
Regular

Postby Alltooeasy » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:34 pm

I'm thinking I want just the original 12 as graded and the rest mint loose or baggies. Pretty set on that [i think lol]

Alltooeasy
Regular
Regular

Postby Alltooeasy » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:51 pm

So if anyone has any of those loose and graded for 85 or higher please pm me :wink:
Last edited by Alltooeasy on Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Crumm
Regular
Regular

Postby Crumm » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:22 am

Alltooeasy wrote:I'm thinking I want just the original 12 as graded and the rest mint loose or baggies. Pretty set on that [i think lol]

This is exactly what I am doing, it is working out well for me as I don't have a great deal of display space.

I get to have the first 12 nicely preserved, and all the others are in clamshells that they can easily be removed from.
"How much you wanna bet I could throw a football over them mountains!"

Alltooeasy
Regular
Regular

Postby Alltooeasy » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:26 am

Crumm wrote:
Alltooeasy wrote:I'm thinking I want just the original 12 as graded and the rest mint loose or baggies. Pretty set on that [i think lol]

This is exactly what I am doing, it is working out well for me as I don't have a great deal of display space.

I get to have the first 12 nicely preserved, and all the others are in clamshells that they can easily be removed from.

Sounds genius!

Alltooeasy
Regular
Regular

Postby Alltooeasy » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:39 pm

Hi all is anyone selling either loose mint/near mint version or a graded 85 and up version of the following figures needed. Not fussed what year they were released in or on what cardback they came. Just loose mint/near mint or graded 85and above please. Many thanks

Luke Skywalker both brown and blond hair
Princess Leia organa
Artoo-Detoo (R2-D2) solid dome
See-Threepio (C-3PO) fixed limbs
Stormtrooper
Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi both grey and white hair
Han Solo both small and big head
Sand People

RHansen
New User
New User

Postby RHansen » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:59 am

Reading with interest. I have 81 figures being specifically only Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi all from the back of the 79 Card I had when I was 11. 81 also included the 2nd R2D2 and C3PO. I don't really have many weapons but most figures are in good condition even though I played with them when I was young. I have never seen another set in Australia, but I may sell them I think.

choffialoopa
Regular
Regular

Postby choffialoopa » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:18 pm

Accessories go a long way. Sometimes worth more than the figure itself.

gammoguard
New User
New User

Postby gammoguard » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:15 pm

Really do need to get my collection out & take some pictures for this forum but finding the spare time to do it is proving problematic. I’ve got one of each basic figure (except blue Snaggletooth & pop-up R2) but a few have duplicates (if memory serves me right I think there’s about 17 stormtroopers, 7 Jawas and several others with more than 1). All have been kept in 3 Rebel troop transporters (with exception to the half a dozen Gamorrean guards as they don’t fit in the compartments :lol: ) and all (except last 17 as I bought most of those as a collection from someone) have their original weapons (as a kid I played with them but always made sure everything was checked back in afterwards :wink: ).

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:05 pm

gammoguard wrote:Really do need to get my collection out & take some pictures for this forum but finding the spare time to do it is proving problematic. I’ve got one of each basic figure (except blue Snaggletooth & pop-up R2) but a few have duplicates (if memory serves me right I think there’s about 17 stormtroopers, 7 Jawas and several others with more than 1). All have been kept in 3 Rebel troop transporters (with exception to the half a dozen Gamorrean guards as they don’t fit in the compartments :lol: ) and all (except last 17 as I bought most of those as a collection from someone) have their original weapons (as a kid I played with them but always made sure everything was checked back in afterwards :wink: ).

You must get them out of the transports, would be great to see them out in daylight!

gammoguard
New User
New User

Postby gammoguard » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:32 am

Got some time off in a couple of weeks so plan is to get everything out, then take pictures and upload to here & Star Wars Tracker - wife & kids might have a say in things so fingers crossed :lol:

hellhippie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby hellhippie » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:07 pm

id say crank up the price on the imperial gunner and pop up r2 along with the a wing pilot.
r2 pop up 500 plus
imp gunner 175
a wing pilot 165
id rather be fishing

coomber75
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby coomber75 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:04 pm

Picked up a gunner couple of weeks ago for 85

Return to “Vintage Valuation Requests”