Star Wars 1977 Movie Poster Help Needed

geob10

Hi!

i recently bought this poster at auction, it looks like the Tom Jung 1977 poster but is smaller and no posters i can see have the 'EMPIRE Star Wars (1977)' quote at the bottom, does anybody know where this poster has come from, i cant find a copy like it. any help would be really appreciated,

thanks George

Attachments

• DSC_0380 (2).JPG
    DSC_0380 (2).JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 811

Palifan

Sith Lord
Well I can't seem to find this poster either but the Empire lettering looks a lot like the Empire magazine logo, could it possibly have been a free giveaway with the mag (or maybe Empire magazine just ripped it off as they do really like Star Wars)?

I'm sure someone on here knows so it'll be interesting to find out what it is.

Ian

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
I'm sure the poster experts will help out

Maybe the " Empire 1977" alludes to the cinema the poster was on show at. As you say it will be interesting to find out what this is

geob10

hi, thanks for your replies, glad its not just me who couldn't work this one out! haha,

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
It's a modern print, as Ian has said, the EMPIRE logo is from the magazine, probably from one of their Star Wars special editions as a freebie or similar.

Not worth anything I'm afraid.

Palifan

Sith Lord
SublevelStudios said:
It's a modern print, as Ian has said, the EMPIRE logo is from the magazine, probably from one of their Star Wars special editions as a freebie or similar.

Not worth anything I'm afraid.

I thought as much although I couldn't seem o find it in any of my searches (not that it means that it can't be found easily). The thing that surprises me slightly was that it was said to come from an auction, was it not sold with any information George? I also hope you didn't pay a lot for it as it sounds not to be worth that much.

Ian

geob10

ah thats a shame, how modern do you think? as to me it looks quite old perhaps before 2000. And it was just at a local auction i go to, it was only £5 and i thought it might hold some value so went for it. you win some you lose some! but... its from a special edition empire magazine (so also limited edition) and is also pretty rare, at least it sounds valuable!

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
This poster was indeed a free giveaway with an issue of Empire Magazine, I had a copy myself from years back. Sadly no value to it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom