Din I get conned selling

choffialoopa

Padawan
Hello dear board

I just found my old Star wars toys. Whispered the manager an "official" FB site and agreed he would get first dibs if he gave me a fair price.
Can I ask any of you to take a quick glance at the attached foto.

I was STUPID I think. When I came home I found out about something called the last 17. I marked them since I have 9 of them with Han's carbon freeze thingie in a box in the back and YAK face. all the last 17 are in good shape and some of their equipment.

All their Accessories is in the bag behind.
Most vehicles are in bad shape. The two card board backs I have are Han solo and General Lando.
I also had some kind of red last jedi shoulder bag with the main cast printed on it also from the 80ties. In perfect condition.

I got £300 in total.
Is that a fair price?

SWF.UK you are my only hope.

Attachments

• SW collection last 17.png
    SW collection last 17.png
    201.2 KB · Views: 1,350

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Yeah he got a good deal, their is more than £300 worth of stuff easily. As a bulk sale I would think you could have got more, sold individually you have way more than £300 worth of stuff.

You should have come on here before Facebook.

You had a Yakface, he's worth about £200 on his own.

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
I wouldnt say he got conned. Someone offered a price and he accepted so he must have been happy with it or if not shouldnt have accept it.

Lets be honest here if i could get this joblot for £300 im not going to turn round and say no its ok mate heres £600.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I would say he's been done, I can pick three items out of that which are worth £300. If he had put the collection on the valuation thread here, know one would have said £300 tops!

That's Facebook for you, a retchard hive of scum and villainy. :lol:

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
probably would've been an ok price 10 years ago but not now, hopefully it went to a collector rather than some dealer just using them to make a profit

Cardbackkid

Jedi Master
Stubbs said:
I wouldnt say he got conned. Someone offered a price and he accepted so he must have been happy with it or if not shouldnt have accept it.

Lets be honest here if i could get this joblot for £300 im not going to turn round and say no its ok mate heres £600.

Yeah I guess "conned" isn't the right word to use

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
You could have doubled the price and he would still have got a great deal, depending on the weapons. Looks like you had

Yak Face
Lando General x 2
Han Carbonite
Imperial Dignitary
A-Wing Pilot
Barada
Anakin
Romba

And no doubt a few more that I'm just not seeing in the photo.

Why ask now, though? And why do your research now? Seems a bit late and a bit sus to me.

A guesstimate from that photos I'd have said a starting price at your end should have been £1,000. It really does depend on what's there in the accessories bag.

Go on then, I'm biting: which group and which admin had these for £300?

subzero

Sith Lord
Yep defo £900 - £1000 without any weapons, split up and sold in 2 or 3 smaller lots.

Nobody got conned here though in the literal sense, if that's the case then everyone who goes to a cash converters or other pawn shop to sell something could say they got conned. A seller goes to somebody to sell something, the buyer offers a price, it's down to the seller to know what they have and decide on a deal for the right price for them, that's the seller's job not the buyers.

It ain't nice for someone to offer peanuts but there are dealers out there and flippers and always will be that's just the way the game is, it's down to the seller to do the research on what he has and choose who to sell to depending on their situation/needs, a dealer for a cheap quick sale or a collector.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
ScruffyLookingNH said:
Why ask now, though? And why do your research now? Seems a bit late and a bit sus to me.

Go on then, I'm biting: which group and which admin had these for £300?
I have to agree... :? :roll:

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
subzero said:
Yep defo £900 - £1000 without any weapons, split up and sold in 2 or 3 smaller lots.

Nobody got conned here though in the literal sense, if that's the case then everyone who goes to a cash converters or other pawn shop to sell something could say they got conned. A seller goes to somebody to sell something, the buyer offers a price, it's down to the seller to know what they have and decide on a deal for the right price for them, that's the seller's job not the buyers.

It ain't nice for someone to offer peanuts but there are dealers out there and flippers and always will be that's just the way the game is, it's down to the seller to do the research on what he has and choose who to sell to depending on their situation/needs, a dealer for a cheap quick sale or a collector.

Yep, 100% agree. It is only different where you are given advice by the buyer. So someone who tries to deceive or lies about something. If he offered you £300 and you accepted then there's no con, just a bad deal.

poncho

Grand Master
youve sold it now so meh.........

you should of done a little research with that thing called google or come straight here or ask for a value on a fb group.

Dorsetmark

Jedi Master
You weren't conned if you were happy at time
I sold a complete set of loose and carded bits for £1000. Crap now but at time seemed ok to me.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Put it down to experience bud, you were selling, you got £300, so it's not the end of the world.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but always best to look forward, no point in dwelling on it and regretting spend the £300 on something that you really want and your a winner :D

Lindo

Sith Lord
I wont go on another Facebook is the devil rant but Facebook is the devil
But yes you got your pants pulled down good and proper, but the again you don't need to be a genius to suss that out, a quick scan of ebay if you know nowhere else would have told you that

choffialoopa

Padawan
Thank you Forum

This is so nice of you and far beyond my expectation of answers.
I totally agree I was stupid as stupid as it can be. and a deal is a deal.

To answer a few of your questions about the upside down research:
I agreed with him he would get first dips if he gave me a fair price. So I just went there by car and figured he would know what he did and by
"fair price" we agreed on a bit lower than european market price and then a bit lower again cause he was buying the bulk, I didn't think much of it until a friend of mine poked me and told me about YAK face.

Actually he gave me £200 for starters as his "professional evaluation", but after I texted him saying that some of the rare figures are supposedly worth more. He instantly gave me £100. That raised my suspicion about the whole deal and I started to research and found ebay prices and found this place.

Too bad. But what Martin Sith writes is spot on how I think I should feel. But it is so hard =))

Pros:
1)At least he is a collector. and I made him happy.
(what made him the most happy was the mint condition shoulder bag of Empire strikes back made in 1983 (which was part of the deal and I can't find anywhere on the internet...) Pretty cool to flash at conventions.
2)I found this wonderful forum.
3)It peaked my interest in collecting vintage sw figures again. :)

I hope to be a pleasant part of the forum although it is(was) a brutal start.
best wishes Kris

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom