Header image

Din I get conned selling

Ask expert collectors for advice on pricing items.
choffialoopa
Regular
Regular

Din I get conned selling

Postby choffialoopa » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:04 am

Hello dear board

I just found my old Star wars toys. Whispered the manager an "official" FB site and agreed he would get first dibs if he gave me a fair price.
Can I ask any of you to take a quick glance at the attached foto.

I was STUPID I think. When I came home I found out about something called the last 17. I marked them since I have 9 of them with Han's carbon freeze thingie in a box in the back and YAK face. all the last 17 are in good shape and some of their equipment.

All their Accessories is in the bag behind.
Most vehicles are in bad shape. The two card board backs I have are Han solo and General Lando.
I also had some kind of red last jedi shoulder bag with the main cast printed on it also from the 80ties. In perfect condition.

I got £300 in total.
Is that a fair price?

SWF.UK you are my only hope.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by choffialoopa on Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

theforceuk
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: Din I get conned selling

Postby theforceuk » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:38 am

Yeah he got a good deal, their is more than £300 worth of stuff easily. As a bulk sale I would think you could have got more, sold individually you have way more than £300 worth of stuff.

You should have come on here before Facebook.

You had a Yakface, he’s worth about £200 on his own.
Last edited by theforceuk on Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

Cardbackkid
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Cardbackkid » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:39 am

Yeah you got conned a bit there bud

Stubbs
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Stubbs » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:48 am

I wouldnt say he got conned. Someone offered a price and he accepted so he must have been happy with it or if not shouldnt have accept it.

Lets be honest here if i could get this joblot for £300 im not going to turn round and say no its ok mate heres £600.

theforceuk
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby theforceuk » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:56 am

I would say he’s been done, I can pick three items out of that which are worth £300. If he had put the collection on the valuation thread here, know one would have said £300 tops!

That’s Facebook for you, a retchard hive of scum and villainy. :lol:
Last edited by theforceuk on Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

pizzathehutt
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby pizzathehutt » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:56 am

probably would've been an ok price 10 years ago but not now, hopefully it went to a collector rather than some dealer just using them to make a profit
'Nutch Vader! Teeblo Carbon'

Cardbackkid
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Cardbackkid » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:03 am

Stubbs wrote:I wouldnt say he got conned. Someone offered a price and he accepted so he must have been happy with it or if not shouldnt have accept it.

Lets be honest here if i could get this joblot for £300 im not going to turn round and say no its ok mate heres £600.

Yeah I guess “conned” isn’t the right word to use

ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:10 am

You could have doubled the price and he would still have got a great deal, depending on the weapons. Looks like you had

Yak Face
Lando General x 2
Han Carbonite
Imperial Dignitary
A-Wing Pilot
Barada
Anakin
Romba

And no doubt a few more that I'm just not seeing in the photo.

Why ask now, though? And why do your research now? Seems a bit late and a bit sus to me.

A guesstimate from that photos I'd have said a starting price at your end should have been £1,000. It really does depend on what's there in the accessories bag.

Go on then, I'm biting: which group and which admin had these for £300?

subzero
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby subzero » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:18 pm

Yep defo £900 - £1000 without any weapons, split up and sold in 2 or 3 smaller lots.

Nobody got conned here though in the literal sense, if that's the case then everyone who goes to a cash converters or other pawn shop to sell something could say they got conned. A seller goes to somebody to sell something, the buyer offers a price, it's down to the seller to know what they have and decide on a deal for the right price for them, that's the seller's job not the buyers.

It ain't nice for someone to offer peanuts but there are dealers out there and flippers and always will be that's just the way the game is, it's down to the seller to do the research on what he has and choose who to sell to depending on their situation/needs, a dealer for a cheap quick sale or a collector.
Chavs are easily startled, but they will soon be back, and in greater numbers

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:59 pm

ScruffyLookingNH wrote:Why ask now, though? And why do your research now? Seems a bit late and a bit sus to me.

Go on then, I'm biting: which group and which admin had these for £300?

I have to agree... :? :roll:

ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:18 pm

subzero wrote:Yep defo £900 - £1000 without any weapons, split up and sold in 2 or 3 smaller lots.

Nobody got conned here though in the literal sense, if that's the case then everyone who goes to a cash converters or other pawn shop to sell something could say they got conned. A seller goes to somebody to sell something, the buyer offers a price, it's down to the seller to know what they have and decide on a deal for the right price for them, that's the seller's job not the buyers.

It ain't nice for someone to offer peanuts but there are dealers out there and flippers and always will be that's just the way the game is, it's down to the seller to do the research on what he has and choose who to sell to depending on their situation/needs, a dealer for a cheap quick sale or a collector.

Yep, 100% agree. It is only different where you are given advice by the buyer. So someone who tries to deceive or lies about something. If he offered you £300 and you accepted then there's no con, just a bad deal.

Mr-shifter
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Mr-shifter » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:27 pm

I would like to know who bought these. Which group did you contact?
WANTED: The following speederbikes. I would like them boxed but open and complete. I need:

Meccano stickered bike
Pbp stickered bilogo
Danish stickered bilogo
Special offer uk bilogo

lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby lejackal » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:56 pm

Why attach a screenshot of an image that you clearly have on your computer?

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:51 pm

I smell something... :?

poncho
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby poncho » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:18 pm

youve sold it now so meh.........

you should of done a little research with that thing called google or come straight here or ask for a value on a fb group.

Return to “Vintage Valuation Requests”