Header image

Poster valuation..please help.

Ask expert collectors for advice on pricing items.
Clawrence
Regular
Regular

Poster valuation..please help.

Postby Clawrence » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:28 pm

20171221_161810.jpg
I have been offered the below...should it be folded...is it genuine, I am no expert. 1984 or just a reprint.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SAVORY100
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: Poster valuation..please help.

Postby SAVORY100 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:34 pm

Clawrence wrote:20171221_161810.jpgI have been offered the below...should it be folded...is it genuine, I am no expert. 1984 or just a reprint.

Send Matt Fox a PM, he'll be best placed to answer I reckon...
On the hunt for items for my Han Original big head / pinhead focus

WANTS LIST

HAN SOLO FOCUS

CUSTOMS SHOWCASE

Clawrence
Regular
Regular

Postby Clawrence » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:13 pm

SAVORY100 wrote:
Clawrence wrote:20171221_161810.jpgI have been offered the below...should it be folded...is it genuine, I am no expert. 1984 or just a reprint.

Send Matt Fox a PM, he'll be best placed to answer I reckon...

Cheers bud. Will do. :D

Bonsai_Tree_Ent
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Bonsai_Tree_Ent » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:38 pm

Clawrence, this is one I would leave and not accept the offer on.

It's pretty much the only UK quad that has been reprinted, so it could be a reprint from that photo I couldn't tell you whether it was genuine or not.

However let's assume it is genuine. It is a trimmed down poster, I include a pic below where you can see the true 30" X 40" dimensions. Compare this with the one you've been offered. Look at the top and bottom of the image and you can see where the trim has taken place, and this greatly devalues it.

Clawrence
Regular
Regular

Postby Clawrence » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:42 pm

Bonsai_Tree_Ent wrote:Clawrence, this is one I would leave and not accept the offer on.

It's pretty much the only UK quad that has been reprinted, so it could be a reprint from that photo I couldn't tell you whether it was genuine or not.

However let's assume it is genuine. It is a trimmed down poster, I include a pic below where you can see the true 30" X 40" dimensions. Compare this with the one you've been offered. Look at the top and bottom of the image and you can see where the trim has taken place, and this greatly devalues it.

Cheers thanks for the info...he has a few more posters he was trying to sell that were supposed to be original...I think I will leave it well alone. Cheers chris

Return to “Vintage Valuation Requests”