Hi, can anyone value comics?

Spclexus

I have the original uk comics in read/used condition. Just cleaning loft and found them again. Any ideas of value appriciated, thanks.

Issues 1-32 . The free gifts in the first two issues were played with ,loved and lost so just the comics.

axma14.jpg

eizc5.jpg

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
Spclexus said:
Wow thought issue 1 would be more than a £1! Bavk in the loft it is :)

Same here iv been holding on to a complete set for 30 years and upgraded a few along the way i couldn't part with them at £1 each.

spoons

Grand Master
It's all about that free gift.

If 1 and 2 have the gifts then anywhere upto £50 each.

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
As with most things but even more so with comics, condition is key, and Andy is right, the free gift is the value.

A *MINT* issue one would be £15-20 all day long, same with number two. With the gifts, again, mint they would be £65 plus.

The issue with the comics is there are so many out there, they're not rare at all, mint copies are a premium though and you can get £2.50-£5 for those, epseically early issues.

Screen Moments

Youngling
Hi,

showed your post to my husband (a comic collector for 30+ years). He pretty much confirmed the previous comments.

He noted the obvious that scarcity in condition and demand are key for any comic's value.

In terms of demand the main driver behind price is whether the US collectors will buy the comic. They are very focused on US editions only. Star Wars Weekly's are therefore a fraction of the price of US versions.

A comic's condition is the main driver of price. Action #1's for example (1st Superman) have traded between $130k and $3.2M dependent on condition. They are relatively scarce in any condition and demand even at those prices outstrips supply.

Looking at the Star Wars Weekly #1, my husband noted that its a UK comic that looks well read and loved. On a scale of 1-10 it would grade around the 2.5-3.0 range and therefore would be in plentiful supply without attracting any premium. Prices as stated previously.

Spclexus

Hi, just caught up on my thread tonight, thanks for everyones replies. These were my childhood comics and as such were read , read again and loved so yes i can understand to valuations put on them. I had no idea of price but to sell for the prices stated wouldnt be worth the hassle of properly packaging and sending. I realise now condition ( and gifts ) are important but not so much to a 9yr old :lol: . Thankyou for explaining the market to me but i think best they go back in the loft until found again lol.

Steve.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Spclexus said:
Hi, just caught up on my thread tonight, thanks for everyones replies. These were my childhood comics and as such were read , read again and loved so yes i can understand to valuations put on them. I had no idea of price but to sell for the prices stated wouldnt be worth the hassle of properly packaging and sending. I realise now condition ( and gifts ) are important but not so much to a 9yr old :lol: . Thankyou for explaining the market to me but i think best they go back in the loft until found again lol.

Steve.
That sounds like a great idea!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom