Fett - name cut out

Oracle

Padawan
Hello, can someone help with this?

Generally - how do arrive at a value/grade for a cardback with a cut-out name?
(btw my reward for this juvenile vandalism was Nien Nunb in the post, not the Bandolier Strap advertised)

Example Fett images

Attachments

• DSCF2442.JPG
    DSCF2442.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 1,117
  • DSCF2441.JPG
    DSCF2441.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 1,117
  • DSCF2444.JPG
    DSCF2444.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 1,118

x-wingMark

Jedi Master
Welcome to the forum. Not sure on value but would be interested if you decide to sell.

Oracle

Padawan
I have a few card-backs with the cut-out names, plus original bubbles, figure and weapons.
At the moment I'm trying to value my collection (I will sell some soon) and I am trying to work out whether the cardbacks with cut-out names significantly depreciate the set (figure, weapon, card, bubble).

The Fett figure has rub marks to front and scratches across the flat of its back. It's the original weapon, bubble and card.
Anyone be able to give a ball-park valuation? I can add other photos if needed.

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
Does anyone have any theories as to why someone would have kept a figure MOC in the 80s but cut the name out for a free Ackbar? It airways struck me as an odd combination. Any thoughts?

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
It's worth the components

I.e. Loose fett in the condition it's in plus the value of the cardback ( given its name plate is cut out)

I've picked a few palitoy logo cards with sliced bubbles up with the figure ( with names cut out) for £22 each recently

A 20 back Chewie with sliced bubble ( nameplate in tact) with no figure for £35

So for yours given the nameplate is cut there are rubs on the fett and the bubble is detached, I would say ££45 to £50

But with the fett tax it may be desirable to some collectors who want a fett

eBay will find its price but as always you take a risk

If you wait for maybe some more advice on prices on here and then pitch it an average of what people are saying then you have your price

If it's your childhood fett personally I would keep it

Good luck with the sale

theguiltyone

Sith Lord
chipsteak said:
Does anyone have any theories as to why someone would have kept a figure MOC in the 80s but cut the name out for a free Ackbar? It airways struck me as an odd combination. Any thoughts?

Sometimes the name plates were cut out by kids still on the pegs in the shop, Action Man stars were another great one to remove without buying anything.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
theguiltyone said:
chipsteak said:

Sometimes the name plates were cut out by kids still on the pegs in the shop, Action Man stars were another great one to remove without buying anything.
Crafty little snots... :lol:

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
Jesus I was such a good little boy. That's some brass neck required in going into John Menzies, balls out, with scissors cutting out nameplates. I'd have never hung about with those boys.Looking back, I wish I did though. :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom