Loose vintage figures help

Phillipox

Hello i would just like abit of advice really, i have inherited my fathers star wars collection, it has been sat in the attic for around 10 years i have between 50-100 loose vintage star wars figures. Alot of them have been kept in cases/containers so are not in too bad of condition, some look pretty much fresh out the box.
I would like to sell them but im not sure if loose figures are worth selling. I also have a hell of alot of boxed figures/vehicles/ships/large figures from the power of force and ep1 era and lots of other bits and bobs from books,tapes,stickers,cards,bags and even shower gels. I dont really know what direction to head in, i have done some research about the loose vintage figures, ie the names, year and what items are missing from the loose figures. But where and how to sell?
Any advice is appreciated many thanks. :D

Claysmith7

Youngling
Hi Phillipox,

I am in the same position though my figures were actually mine from when I was a kid. I came on here for help also, you can see my posts by clicking on my name tag. I originally wanted them to go to a collector and I did manage to sell some items on here. Not sure if I agree with the half price thing as there is nothing to stop the person selling them on for the current market value.

You will be asked for pictures if you haven't already and check your pm's as most will message you there rather than respond on the post.

In my opinion people on here have been collecting for years so have most of the common items, again pictures would help. To be truly vintage they would have to be the original figures from the 80's. The ep1 items will not count, though I think some of the ships go for good cash. There is a modern section on here for them, again I think ebay is the best bet but that is my opinion only.

I've been putting mine on ebay since last Wednesday and the auctions are going well, someone offered me a hundred pounds just for my Yoda, though I wouldn't end the auction early as a matter of principle.

If you search for what you have and then check completed items to see have much that go for, you can then use that listing as a template for your item. Make sure you don't spell any thing wrong as it will limit the amount of people who search for it and give them plenty of pictures and a good description.

You can check out my auctions if it would help, my eBay name is the same as here. All my items have the bespin back ground from the 300th Boba Fett figure.

I did look at the Facebook ones but I hate Facebook so didn't bother, there are more people on ebay.

Good luck with it all which ever direction you take.

Regards

Clay

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Some good advice above 8) Get some pics up here and once people have a true idea of what you've got, then we can help you with prices Always good to start selling on here, as you will avoid eBay fees etc. Buyers on here tend to be very reliable.

The modern stuff can go up for sale in the Modern section. I would be interested in the Power of the Force stuff, depending what you have.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Go on, get some pictures up, let us give you some idea of valuations.
As mentioned above, no fees to sell here and a totally reliable bunch.
Remember if your not happy with the valuations, then don't sell, what's to loose!

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Claysmith7 said:
Hi Phillipox,

I am in the same position though my figures were actually mine from when I was a kid. I came on here for help also, you can see my posts by clicking on my name tag. I originally wanted them to go to a collector and I did manage to sell some items on here. Not sure if I agree with the half price thing as there is nothing to stop the person selling them on for the current market value.

You will be asked for pictures if you haven't already and check your pm's as most will message you there rather than respond on the post.

In my opinion people on here have been collecting for years so have most of the common items, again pictures would help. To be truly vintage they would have to be the original figures from the 80's. The ep1 items will not count, though I think some of the ships go for good cash. There is a modern section on here for them, again I think ebay is the best bet but that is my opinion only.

I've been putting mine on ebay since last Wednesday and the auctions are going well, someone offered me a hundred pounds just for my Yoda, though I wouldn't end the auction early as a matter of principle.

If you search for what you have and then check completed items to see have much that go for, you can then use that listing as a template for your item. Make sure you don't spell any thing wrong as it will limit the amount of people who search for it and give them plenty of pictures and a good description.

You can check out my auctions if it would help, my eBay name is the same as here. All my items have the bespin back ground from the 300th Boba Fett figure.

I did look at the Facebook ones but I hate Facebook so didn't bother, there are more people on ebay.

Good luck with it all which ever direction you take.

Regards

Clay
And some lovely figures you have up there too! Good luck with the final sales.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom