Header image

Luke Stormtrooper Black Blaster?

Ask expert collectors for advice on pricing items.
Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Luke Stormtrooper Black Blaster?

Postby Palifan » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:05 pm

Hi all,

Today I was going through a small vintage lot of figures I bought years ago but never really got around to sorting out. They are all in pretty good condone consisting of some of the first 20 released. I remember this lot also coming with a loose Darth Vader Tie and Landspeeder (Kenner), and although they are in good shape I did need to wash them as they had some dirt on them where they were played with (but very little to no paint loss fortunately).

Most of the figures came with their weapons and on looking at the Stormtrooper figure I noticed that his blaster is pretty much black, the same colour as Leia's. At first I thought these two black blasters could be repro as all the other blasters look to be the right colour and feel but then I compared it up against my Luke stormtrooper I've had for years and it's identical. I've done the float and drop test and everything checks out but I was wondering what these black blasters go for now a days?

One last thing is that I think these are maybe Jedi and Tri logo figures due to their condition and there were also 3 colts caped jaws in the lot that all have smooth capes that I think were a later release (please let me know if I've got the wrong if you know). If they are figures from later in the lines release then I guess it's possible that a Luke Stormtrooper blaster could have been packed with a regular version. It's either that or the blaster was just paired up this way at a latter date or maybe it isn't legit.

Any help appreciated and hopefully someone has an idea as to price and I can look further into it.

Ian

lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: Luke Stormtrooper Black Blaster?

Postby lejackal » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:10 pm

They were £100+ 6 or 12 months ago, not sure now though
"U grade for sale"
Translation: If it was legal my grandmother would be living on dialysis so that I could harvest and sell her kidneys.

Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Palifan » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:56 pm

lejackal wrote:They were £100+ 6 or 12 months ago, not sure now though

Thanks for that, I was thinking they were around that price but I'll have to really double check to make sure it's the real deal.

Ian

TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:15 pm

Do you have pics?

Stubbs
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Stubbs » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:29 pm

I need one of these so bad and past one up for £50 recently at a toy show as i was only 75% convinced it was legit. but i am not sure £100 is something i would spend on one.

Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Palifan » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:49 pm

I know what you mean about spending £100 on a tiny blaster. It does seem crazy like the pop up saber but people do like to have the correct accessory with their figures (even though the Luke Stormtrooper was packed with black and blue ones).

I'll take a picture in the morning to see what you guys think about it.

Ian

poncho
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby poncho » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:57 pm

£100......stupidly

walkie
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby walkie » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:30 pm

If you struggle to capture the true colour of the blaster, photograph it next to a true black accessory like an AT-AT driver rifle
Wanted: Lili Ledy, Glasslite, Meccano, Canadian Instruction Sheets, $$$ waiting!!

Visit My Vintage Paperwork Limelight Click Me!
The Glasslite Guide & Discussion Thread Click Me! & The Droids Guide & Discussion Thread Click Me!

Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Palifan » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:37 am

walkie wrote:If you struggle to capture the true colour of the blaster, photograph it next to a true black accessory like an AT-AT driver rifle

great idea Walkie, I'll make it so and post it up.

Ian

Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Palifan » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:18 am

Well after taking Walkie's advise and taking some pictures it looks like both of my blasters are dark blue :lol:

The blaster on the left is from my Stormtrooper Luke and the one on the right is from the regular Stormtrooper I mentioned picking up in a lot. It's amazing how black these blasters look in hand, way darker than any other similar shaped blaster I have but if you put it next to the rifle you can see a clear difference.

I also put the blaster next to a black looking Leia blaster I have but the Leia blaster looks quite blue now. One last thing is that with the Leia I had in the lot of figures she came with her blaster. I have pictured this one and it looks to be very black and not the cleanest of casts with the flashing on it (as well as it almost looking slightly chewed?!). I have my doubts about this one but it does float and I know how these blasters can vary. Any thoughts on this one anyone?

Ian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Palifan » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:18 am

The Leia ones.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stubbs
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Stubbs » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:11 pm

I would say the black one is a repro as I have never seen lots of flashing on any of her blasters I have owned. But that's not to say it doesn't happen. Also one thing I have noticed for a while is a lot of collectors keep referring to leia as having original black blaster but on the imperial gunnery there is no mention of a pure black blaster like with the palace and imperial blasters only a blue/Black with leia or just blue. I always thought leia organa had a blue/Black not just black.

If there is any documented evidence other than tig I would be intrested to see it.

Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Palifan » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:48 pm

Stubbs wrote:I would say the black one is a repro as I have never seen lots of flashing on any of her blasters I have owned. But that's not to say it doesn't happen. Also one thing I have noticed for a while is a lot of collectors keep referring to leia as having original black blaster but on the imperial gunnery there is no mention of a pure black blaster like with the palace and imperial blasters only a blue/Black with leia or just blue. I always thought leia organa had a blue/Black not just black.

If there is any documented evidence other than tig I would be intrested to see it.

I agree with you about no Leia blaster being black and looking at TIG it looks like repro version 5 - http://www.imperialgunnery.com/princessleiablasters.htm

Oh well, one to bin I guess although I think the Stormtrooper blaster looks good (even though not black), I'd say it's version 4 but do chip in if any of you think it's off.

Thanks for taking a look.

Ian
Last edited by Palifan on Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darkest_Logic
Regular
Regular

Postby Darkest_Logic » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:58 pm

The imperial blasters looks fine to me if that helps :).
Looking For
(AFA / UKG) Tri logo Luke Skywalker Stormtrooper MOC
(AFA / UKG) Tri logo R2-D2 Pop-up Lightsabre MOC
(AFA / UKG) Tri logo Emperors Royal Guard MOC

Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Palifan » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:00 pm

Darkest_Logic wrote:The imperial blasters looks fine to me if that helps :).

Thanks, yes pretty sure it's version 4 and not V 5.

Ian

Return to “Vintage Valuation Requests”