Luke Stormtrooper Black Blaster?

Palifan

Sith Lord
Hi all,

Today I was going through a small vintage lot of figures I bought years ago but never really got around to sorting out. They are all in pretty good condone consisting of some of the first 20 released. I remember this lot also coming with a loose Darth Vader Tie and Landspeeder (Kenner), and although they are in good shape I did need to wash them as they had some dirt on them where they were played with (but very little to no paint loss fortunately).

Most of the figures came with their weapons and on looking at the Stormtrooper figure I noticed that his blaster is pretty much black, the same colour as Leia's. At first I thought these two black blasters could be repro as all the other blasters look to be the right colour and feel but then I compared it up against my Luke stormtrooper I've had for years and it's identical. I've done the float and drop test and everything checks out but I was wondering what these black blasters go for now a days?

One last thing is that I think these are maybe Jedi and Tri logo figures due to their condition and there were also 3 colts caped jaws in the lot that all have smooth capes that I think were a later release (please let me know if I've got the wrong if you know). If they are figures from later in the lines release then I guess it's possible that a Luke Stormtrooper blaster could have been packed with a regular version. It's either that or the blaster was just paired up this way at a latter date or maybe it isn't legit.

Any help appreciated and hopefully someone has an idea as to price and I can look further into it.

Ian

Palifan

Sith Lord
lejackal said:
They were £100+ 6 or 12 months ago, not sure now though

Thanks for that, I was thinking they were around that price but I'll have to really double check to make sure it's the real deal.

Ian

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
I need one of these so bad and past one up for £50 recently at a toy show as i was only 75% convinced it was legit. but i am not sure £100 is something i would spend on one.

Palifan

Sith Lord
I know what you mean about spending £100 on a tiny blaster. It does seem crazy like the pop up saber but people do like to have the correct accessory with their figures (even though the Luke Stormtrooper was packed with black and blue ones).

I'll take a picture in the morning to see what you guys think about it.

Ian

walkie

Sith Lord
If you struggle to capture the true colour of the blaster, photograph it next to a true black accessory like an AT-AT driver rifle

Palifan

Sith Lord
walkie said:
If you struggle to capture the true colour of the blaster, photograph it next to a true black accessory like an AT-AT driver rifle

great idea Walkie, I'll make it so and post it up.

Ian

Palifan

Sith Lord
Well after taking Walkie's advise and taking some pictures it looks like both of my blasters are dark blue :lol:

The blaster on the left is from my Stormtrooper Luke and the one on the right is from the regular Stormtrooper I mentioned picking up in a lot. It's amazing how black these blasters look in hand, way darker than any other similar shaped blaster I have but if you put it next to the rifle you can see a clear difference.

I also put the blaster next to a black looking Leia blaster I have but the Leia blaster looks quite blue now. One last thing is that with the Leia I had in the lot of figures she came with her blaster. I have pictured this one and it looks to be very black and not the cleanest of casts with the flashing on it (as well as it almost looking slightly chewed?!). I have my doubts about this one but it does float and I know how these blasters can vary. Any thoughts on this one anyone?

Ian

Attachments

• IMG_1088.jpg
    IMG_1088.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 1,214
  • IMG_1086.jpg
    IMG_1086.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 1,217
  • IMG_1083.jpg
    IMG_1083.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 1,215
  • IMG_1081.jpg
    IMG_1081.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 1,216
  • IMG_1080.jpg
    IMG_1080.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 1,216
  • IMG_1078.jpg
    IMG_1078.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 1,214
  • IMG_1075.jpg
    IMG_1075.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 1,216
  • IMG_1072.jpg
    IMG_1072.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 1,220

Palifan

Sith Lord
The Leia ones.

Attachments

• IMG_1094.jpg
    IMG_1094.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 1,216
  • IMG_1092.jpg
    IMG_1092.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 1,225
  • IMG_1091.jpg
    IMG_1091.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 1,217
  • IMG_1090.jpg
    IMG_1090.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 1,216

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
I would say the black one is a repro as I have never seen lots of flashing on any of her blasters I have owned. But that's not to say it doesn't happen. Also one thing I have noticed for a while is a lot of collectors keep referring to leia as having original black blaster but on the imperial gunnery there is no mention of a pure black blaster like with the palace and imperial blasters only a blue/Black with leia or just blue. I always thought leia organa had a blue/Black not just black.

If there is any documented evidence other than tig I would be intrested to see it.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Stubbs said:
I would say the black one is a repro as I have never seen lots of flashing on any of her blasters I have owned. But that's not to say it doesn't happen. Also one thing I have noticed for a while is a lot of collectors keep referring to leia as having original black blaster but on the imperial gunnery there is no mention of a pure black blaster like with the palace and imperial blasters only a blue/Black with leia or just blue. I always thought leia organa had a blue/Black not just black.

If there is any documented evidence other than tig I would be intrested to see it.

I agree with you about no Leia blaster being black and looking at TIG it looks like repro version 5 - http://www.imperialgunnery.com/princessleiablasters.htm

Oh well, one to bin I guess although I think the Stormtrooper blaster looks good (even though not black), I'd say it's version 4 but do chip in if any of you think it's off.

Thanks for taking a look.

Ian

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
Palifan said:
Darkest_Logic said:
The imperial blasters looks fine to me if that helps :).

Thanks, yes pretty sure it's version 4 and not V 5.

Ian

I would agree the imperial blaster looks good. It's an absolute mine field now with these accessories repro has always been common but easy to tell a repro for original for years but now there's a few that are very difficult to tell and it's causing a real problem imo.

Darkest_Logic

Jedi Knight
Stubbs said:
Palifan said:
Darkest_Logic said:
The imperial blasters looks fine to me if that helps :).

Thanks, yes pretty sure it's version 4 and not V 5.

Ian

I would agree the imperial blaster looks good. It's an absolute mine field now with these accessories repro has always been common but easy to tell a repro for original for years but now there's a few that are very difficult to tell and it's causing a real problem imo.

I agree, the amount of repro out there is crazy.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Agree both imperial Blasters are v4 and good. You often see this blaster sold with the Luke Stormie because it is so black until you stick it next to the real solid black.

The Black Leia pistol looks Repro to me as apart from the flashing I've not seen a v1 with vertical line (which it most closely resembles) in the dark blue black colour.

Regarding Leia pistol colours there is a v2 dark blue / black which is darker than the v3 dark blue, and it is this one that sometimes gets described as black as it is so much darker.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Thanks for all your help on this guys. These blasters were from a lot I won around 6 years ago and looking at the info on this type of repro Leia blaster that ties in time wise with when these were showing up.

The lot came with a couple of loose vehicles that I mentioned and probably around 10 or so figures all in good shape and with their weapons. Looking through the rest of the weapons they all look good although I'll have to double check Lukes saber and I'm also questioning Leia's cape as it doesn't have the cross hatch texture on it. The big problem with Leia's cape is that I've heard there is a smooth one out there so it makes identifying it tricky unless it's textured.

Thanks again though.

Ian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom