Luke Storm

r2isamale

Padawan
Hi guys,

What is your take price wise on this good looking chap?

Cheers

Christian
ED7EDB3B-110A-4E9B-BB2F-0FBBCD99A7CE.jpeg

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Think you need a Mod to comment on this mate, those top 2 are worthless on here because they are u graded which is frowned upon. :)

r2isamale

Padawan
lejackal said:
[youtube]djMWKl4wqWs[/youtube]

Thanks a lot. Thats what I expected from you.

I did not rip them of the card nor did I grade them. Nice figs and there is no mo U grading so we better accept and cherish the ones who suffered the rip off.

lejackal

Grand Master
r2isamale said:
lejackal said:

I did not rip them of the card nor did I grade them. Nice figs and there is no mo U grading so we better accept and cherish the ones who suffered the rip off.
You still bought them and now you want to sell them and unfortunately AFA still U grade so much like the ivory trade if there are still buyers and sellers there will always be poachers

r2isamale

Padawan
lejackal said:
r2isamale said:
lejackal said:

You still bought them and now you want to sell them and unfortunately AFA still U grade so much like the ivory trade if there are still buyers and sellers there will always be poachers

The fact that you draw a parallel to ivory trade where elephants have suffered and died in agony says it all. I dont eat mest - do you!?

If anyone sain wants to chip in on the value please do.

Thanks

Christian

r2isamale

Padawan
r2isamale said:
lejackal said:
r2isamale said:

The fact that you draw a parallel to ivory trade where elephants have suffered and died in agony says it all. I dont eat meat - do you!?

If anyone sain want to chip in on the value please do.

Thanks

Christian

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
The U grades are worthless on this forum as you cannot sell them here.

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=23184

I would advise you break them out, the loose value will be something like this:

Luke stormy - £150
Pop up R2 - £250
Sensorscope R2 - £40

lejackal

Grand Master
r2isamale said:
Clarkspie&chips said:
No one here is going to give you values for U grades.

Ok, did not know that :roll:
Really?? These are all quotes from 2015.

r2isamale said:
I guess it is worth what people are willing to pay. I paid 350 for my U85 and I am pretty satisfied with that.

But I agree that it is a lot of money for a little piece of plastic.

Ok. That post pretty much sums it all up.

U grade collecting is incredibly selfish and destructive. I shan't attempt to educate you but it's safe to say I doubt we will agree on anything. In my humble opinion if you are willing to pay huge amounts of money for u graded figures then you are part of the problem.

r2isamale said:
Just to be clear. I never sent anything away for u-grading. But someone has to own the figures that are already u-graded, right!? Or should the be destructed as the eork of the devil!?

UKG have stopped U-grading. Who knows when AFA will too.

There are plenty of U-grade threads. Lets not make this in to another.

Peace,

Christian

r2isamale said:
Just to be clear. I never sent anything away for u-grading. But someone has to own the figures that are already u-graded, right!? Or should the be destructed as the eork of the devil!

Just want to answer this point if I may. You didn't do it yourself so that's ok? The answer is no, because the bloke you got it off probably did. By paying him $350 for what was probably a $100 moc he sent in to be destroyed, what do you think is going to happen?

He's probably $200 up, easy money right? So he's going to go and buy another 3 $100 Mocs to destroy, because some fool is going to pay him $350 bucks each if afa put the correct little sticker in the box. So by buying them, yes, you are contributing to the issue.

Look at it like the fur trade. If you buy a fur coat it wasn't you that actually shot and killed the animal, but it doesn't mean that an animal was not shot and skinned to make the coat? Demand feeds supply and that is exactly what you are doing by buying u graded figures, especially by paying silly prices for them.

r2isamale said:
Being a vegetarian and animal rights fighter I can appreciate your comparison. Thank you!

Still think that people should be able to decide for themselves what they do with and to the suff they own, though.

What if a person had 100 MOCs' and wanted to take the figures out to play with and display - would that be ok with you?

With all due respect, the "it's my stuff I can do what I want with it" line is something I think we are all tired of reading and the comparison between opening figures for a loose display and U grading them for profit is a really bad one, they aren't the same at all. U grading is not something you do because of a personal choice/preference on how something displays or because it's your property and that's just what you want to do with your figures..it's a selfish, destructive and greed driven practice.

The worst thing about U grading though is that it's a complete fallacy. The company behind it relied on the fact that condition sensitive collectors would buy into the fact that a U grade was somehow superior to a normal graded figure of equal grade. They also used a designation on the label which gave collectors the false impression that somehow..a mass produced figure made in the far east, touched by multiple people was "uncirculated" and therefore somehow better.

Boils my piss that people actually got behind the U grade in the first place, if there wasn't a market for it from idiotic collectors who couldn't see the bigger picture and long term effects of opening sealed figures then there wouldn't have ever been a problem.

Christian,

U-grading here is about as welcome of creche co-owned by Rolf Harris and Jimmy Saville. You may have been caught off guard by the strength of the feeling, buddy, but do yourself a favour and don't mention u-grading again ;) This is a fan-****ing-tastic forum and all sorts are welcomed, but repro-lovers and U-graders are given short shrift. There is zero tolerance here for either; whether you're the guy that makes fakes or sends in cards for u-grading or the misguided guy who buys 'em there's no love here.

Yep, it's your stuff. Do what you like with it, but if you're going to try and defend u-grading in any form you'd be best doing it somewhere else. All buying and selling of U-graded and fake stuff is banned here and everyone's very happy about it.

And these from 2016

lejackal said:
r2isamale said:
Vader U90
Vader U85
Vader U85
Luke Jedi U85
Luke Storm U85
Solo Bespin U85
Solo Hoth U85
Chewie U85
Tusken R U85
C3 U90
R2 sensor U90
R2 Pop up U85
R5 U90
Lando teeth U90
Greedo U85
Tie F pilot U90

P.S. I know that some will hate me for owning the U-graded figures, so I appologize in advance :)

You'll not be thanked for this, 16 that most of us would love to own carded regardless of condition but because of this have less chance to.

No one will put a price on u grades. They are not traded here. You would be best contacting afa and getting them to make up a value since the u grade market has been entirely created by them.

All of them would be worthless here. No one would give you a penny piece for one.

r2isamale said:
Fair enough.

I guess that you wont help me finding out if this is overpriced :p

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Star-Wars-1985-RARE-YAK-FACE-AFA-UKG-U90-WITH-TRI-LOGO-CARD-BACK-and-BUB-/321638441439?hash=item4ae32521df:g:OLEAAOSwWKtUsKGY

r2isamale said:
:roll: amazed that you guys are so smallminded and spitefull - all I did was to ask for help..

Get a life/job!

Mod, please delete this thread - bad karma.

r2isamale

Padawan
Clarkspie&chips said:
The U grades are worthless on this forum as you cannot sell them here.

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=23184

I would advise you break them out, the loose value will be something like this:

Luke stormy - £150
Pop up R2 - £250
Sensorscope R2 - £40

So breaking them out would un-U-grade them!?

Thanks for the quotes if I choose to do so.

I like them as is and thank you all for chippin in.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom