AT AT Commander 79A Back moc

Cornish_jedi

Padawan
Weekend brain teaser/ Valuation needed please on ROTJ 79A back At At Commander MOC.... bare with me on this.

Like probably many of you are already thinking, I thought this would be easy piece to value but things are not sooo simple it would seem......

I started with Ebay (completed at present), loads of Tri Logo 79 backs appear but no ROTJ sales....
Ok next forum and FB. Now I grant you my scratching on these platforms isn't the best, but equally couldnt find any sales.
Next... Tracker. 1 recorded since 2010 in 2015.
So I looked at the Kellermans matrix and its not listed (on my dated copy anyhow).
Last I did a Google search and found a graded on a 2013 Sand crawler ROTJ review, apparently selling for $120 on ebay.

So... rare figure or maybe just described broadly (without mentioning cardback) in listing?
What is it worth?
Any help or pointers greatly appreciated

lejackal

Grand Master
Based on the tracker sales I'd say it's definitely a harder to find card, the 79s often are compared to the 77s.
The tracker does not rely on cards being listed correctly- the listing might just say Chewbacca carded figure for example but when Jared reconciles the data he adds the correct cardback designation.
He also reaches out to collectors for stock images of card examples that he doesn't have already.
It should also be noted that the tracker only captures auction listings, not buy it now sales.
Value wise I'd have to go £80 or so unless someone more educated confirms it's a one of three known to exist scenario in which case the value will be higher, especially to a focus collector.

Cornish_jedi

Padawan
Firstly, always amazed other people are functioning at this time of the morning :lol: :lol:

Thanks, I didn't know thats how tracker worked sometimes and good to know for future.

Happy to also acknowledged there is desirability factor with these things, like you say focus collectors might pay more than general moc purchase.

Thanks for the quick response at this hour.

lejackal

Grand Master
Cornish_jedi said:
Firstly, always amazed other people are functioning at this time of the morning :lol: :lol:
Functioning might be a bit of a stretch, my youngest has spent most of the week thinking 3 or 4 am is the perfect time to get up :roll:

Cardbackkid

Jedi Master
I couldn't give a valuation on it but Star Wars and empire characters on 79 offerless backs are harder to find I did read somewhere that they are considered Australian released as that's where most was found technically not exclusive but that's where majority are found .

Cornish_jedi

Padawan
Cardbackkid said:
I couldn't give a valuation on it but Star Wars and empire characters on 79 offerless backs are harder to find I did read somewhere that they are considered Australian released as that's where most was found technically not exclusive but that's where majority are found .

Thats interesting and would makes sense to why they are harder to find. Thanks for the insite.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom