Bossk ESB 31a back Kenner

Graham_Marshall

Padawan
Hi All,

I have had a look about online for the current going rate on MOC Bossk 31a on a kenner card. There are no completed listings on eBay that I can see and threads on various boards are 5+ years old. Its not mint by any stretch but it is complete with a sealed crack free bubble.

fUodv2bf_3yY6vec656SmSUoAYrWIxl3Az3M=w870-h1158-no.png

Many thanks !

lejackal

Grand Master
I would say £350-400 imo. I know of one which sold for around half my estimate 18 months or so ago but it was heavily creased.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Great MOC you have and a very good question. This is one of the rarest Kenner MOC's out their, they really are rare. I actually won one on ebay in 2017 AFA 50 for £250. The bubble and figure are mint but the card is creased. I was suprised when I won it for that price, it was the starting bid and knowone else was interested. I think it's one of the lesser known rarer MOC's and the low grade probably helped.

I remember searching sold listings on ebay at the time and their had been one go for around about £1700, although I can't remember the exact price, but sure it was over £1500. That example was also graded, AFA 80. I reckon your example is worth at least £500, but that really is just going on what I have seen and it's probably worth more. Some would say you could name your price if you had lot's of interest.

Hopefully some other's can chip in on this one, I would be very interested to know how many members on here have one or have owned one in the past. Also when I won mine the seller had listed it once with a starting bid of £300 and no takers, I remember thinking I wished I had bid £300 thinking I had missed out, only for it to be relisted for £250.

lejackal

Grand Master
The above post is the one I was thinking of so I'd lean more towards the £500 valuation as I was think double that one.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
lejackal said:
The above post is the one I was thinking of so I'd lean more towards the £500 valuation as I was think double that one.

It's really hard to say I think, your first estimate is sensible. One thing I would say is if I was selling mine I wouldn't let it go for £250.

It's one of those figures where the prices can be anything, depending on condition like all figures though I guess.

I see this has been discussed before.

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=27338

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
As said above this is a v tough and rare MOC to find! I know because I had to search for over 5 years to find one and finally won an example on eBay US back in 2007 for $275! It was graded an AFA 70 only because a hole punch had been used on the unpunch and it had caught the main card! If not for that it was AFA 80 all the way so a good price :!:
It was really frustrating because every time I found a MOC Bossk that looked like it could b a 31 back I'd turn it over and it was a 32 back :!: Loads of 32 backs out there or at least there were many years ago.

I am sure I have heard of a 31 back recently selling for a considerable 4 figure sum like a mad $5000-6000 :!: I need to double check but yeh we r talking a pain in the arse MOC to find and no way would I b letting one like urs go for £500 mate :!: :!:

Christian

Jedi Master
palitoyjunky said:
As said above this is a v tough and rare MOC to find! I know because I had to search for over 5 years to find one and finally won an example on eBay US back in 2007 for $275! It was graded an AFA 70 only because a hole punch had been used on the unpunch and it had caught the main card! If not for that it was AFA 80 all the way so a good price :!:
It was really frustrating because every time I found a MOC Bossk that looked like it could b a 31 back I'd turn it over and it was a 32 back :!: Loads of 32 backs out there or at least there were many years ago.

I am sure I have heard of a 31 back recently selling for a considerable 4 figure sum like a mad $5000-6000 :!: I need to double check but yeh we r talking a pain in the arse MOC to find and no way would I b letting one like urs go for £500 mate :!: :!:

I'm pretty sure Jon is referring to a recent AFA 80 MOC 31A that went for $7000 but this was a typical example of a 'I gotta have it now' collector with deep pockets.

Here's part of a conversation I had a few months back with a well known US MOC collector about this particular fig/cardback combo:

Mine is an 80 80/85/85 punched, clear bubble, no tag and would regrade the same if I sent it in (probably an 80+ now). I think I paid like $1950 for him about 2-3 years ago
Haven't seen a nice one on the market in the past 18 months. Wouldn't surprise me to see $2500-3k. Straight 85 unpunched maybe as high as $4500

These are strangely HTF in ANY condition let alone good condition such as Graham's. I would estimate, given past sales, a value of £1100-1200+ (approx $1500+) if offered on a US based FB group.

Great piece and best of luck!
Cheers,
Christian

jared007

Padawan
I'm a little surprised that this variation commands such a premium well beyond others. I admit it's a little bit dangerous to extrapolate relative scarcity of MOC variations from completed sales in Star Wars Tracker (eg, there might be hundreds of 79A examples on eBay right now, but they aren't priced sensibly to sell), but below is the story over the past 5 years for Bossk:

bosskMOC.png

The 31A is definitely scarce, but it has good company with half a dozen others too but no one seems to care about those. So I guess this is a case of debut card premium? And before everyone starts attacking that price of £67 as a mistake, it was genuine as an AFA30 from 2015. Here's the historical direct link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Vintage-Bossk-ESB-31-Back-A-AFA-30-60-30-80-Unpunched-MOC-/321902057371?_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l10137&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

Anyway, I'm not here to say that anyone is wrong with their experience and opinions with Bossk MOCs. Just thought it would be interesting to do some analysis based on data alone and see where if fell ;)

Cheers, Jared.

lejackal

Grand Master
jared007 said:
I'm a little surprised that this variation commands such a premium well beyond others. I admit it's a little bit dangerous to extrapolate relative scarcity of MOC variations from completed sales in Star Wars Tracker (eg, there might be hundreds of 79A examples on eBay right now, but they aren't priced sensibly to sell), but below is the story over the past 5 years for Bossk:

bosskMOC.png

The 31A is definitely scarce, but it has good company with half a dozen others too but no one seems to care about those. So I guess this is a case of debut card premium? And before everyone starts attacking that price of £67 as a mistake, it was genuine as an AFA30 from 2015. Here's the historical direct link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Vintage-Bossk-ESB-31-Back-A-AFA-30-60-30-80-Unpunched-MOC-/321902057371?_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l10137&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

Anyway, I'm not here to say that anyone is wrong with their experience and opinions with Bossk MOCs. Just thought it would be interesting to do some analysis based on data alone and see where if fell ;)

Cheers, Jared.
That link still haunts me, I forgot to bid :oops:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom