Rancor AFA 85

Joe

Grand Master
No idea about the prices of boxed / sealed playsets,vehicles or creatures.........but I would never purchase anything from Brian's Toys as they are known for shooting well above market value , no doubt the stuff is quality but its overpriced.

Considering you are in the "boxed / sealed playsets,vehicles and creatures" game you probably have much more of an idea than us!

Ron would probably give you a fair estimate of worth, he just showed a picture of all the stuff he has had and most of it was AFA'd

Good luck though!

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
whiteskinnydroid said:
No idea about the prices of boxed / sealed playsets,vehicles or creatures.........but I would never purchase anything from Brian's Toys as they are known for shooting well above market value , no doubt the stuff is quality but its overpriced.

Considering you are in the "boxed / sealed playsets,vehicles and creatures" game you probably have much more of an idea than us!

Ron would probably give you a fair estimate of worth, he just showed a picture of all the stuff he has had and most of it was AFA'd

Good luck though!

Thanks. And yes, I was kind of looking for Ron's advice especially as he has 'all things AFA'. 8)

Ron

Sith Lord
I Never ever had a rancor unsure about the price off a 85 seen 80 sell for about £120- £150 I would just wait another 2 month prices are going to drop right down about xmas

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
Ron said:
I Never ever had a rancor unsure about the price off a 85 seen 80 sell for about £120- £150 I would just wait another 2 month prices are going to drop right down about xmas

Thanks, I will do that.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I paid £115 for mine, its an AFA80. As Joe says Brian's toys are famous for charging top dollar (and a bit more) if you want to know what it's really worth I work on the principle of 'half what Brian's toys are charging.'

Planetforce are normally pretty good though. Email them and make them an offer to purchase outside Ebay. If they say "no" you haven't lost anything. Or as Ron says, wait till after Christmas.

Hope that helps.

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
weasel said:
I paid £115 for mine, its an AFA80. As Joe says Brian's toys are famous for charging top dollar (and a bit more) if you want to know what it's really worth I work on the principle of 'half what Brian's toys are charging.'

Planetforce are normally pretty good though. Email them and make them an offer to purchase outside Ebay. If they say "no" you haven't lost anything. Or as Ron says, wait till after Christmas.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, I saw that they have their own site too.

Wait, are you saying prices will drop after Christmas? Can you tell me what's the mechanism at work here? Sorry, I never really payed attention during economy class. :oops:

Ron

Sith Lord
prices always drop after xmas no 1 got money to add to there collection. They are low at the moment with thr credit crunch

Joe

Grand Master
Judging from RS it seems the world is going to collapse !

You should probably wait a while, if things do start losing value its good and bad, means if you need to sell its hard luck but good if you really wanna buy...!

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
I sold an AFA85 about a year ago for £275 but things were a lot better then.
AFA80's can be found cheaper but theres a lot of collectors (particularly in the US) who won't touch less than an 85. The fact that those two are unsold shows that they are perhaps too highly priced at the moment, £200 would be more realistic.

Then again I've seen real nice ungraded ones sell for little more than £100 :|

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom