Some loose items

Imperial Gunner

Padawan
I was at the car boot today and saw a few pieces I fancied but wasn't too sure on the prices, all items are loose.

Vintage dewback with saddle, the saddle is quite worn but the dewback is ok apart from some paint wear, he wanted £15.

Tauntaun solid belly, no saddle £5, looked clean enough.

Jawa with cape £10 and jawa without cape - didn't see a price on this one.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
No idea, but Ebay completed listings will give you a fair idea of the going rate on there.

spoons

Grand Master
you could get all those items cheaper on ebay. It's probably not worth buying a taun taun without a saddle, as the saddle would cost more on its own.

As weasel says keep an eye on completed ebay sales, and you get a fair idea of prices

gustie

Sith Lord
i paid about £20 for a mint loose dewback with saddle and reins

seems steep for the jawa's - which im guessing is a cloth caped one?

Bollux

Grand Master
all too pricey, everyone on car boot sales think that sw stuff is worth a fortune and will provide their pension for them!

SNAGGLE

Padawan
It can be frustrating regarding car boot and indoor-flea market type sales. Recently I asked a market trader, who was selling toys and general memorabilia if he had any vintage stuff, half expecting a coloured in Biker Scout at the most, I was amazed when he reached for a box of figures from beneath the counter.
More surprise was to come when I saw what he had, there were two Amanamans both with staffs, most of the last17 and a Blue Snag who was a moderate C6.
When I offered £40 for him, he was like NO WAY :evil: , reached for some kind of ****ing Millers toy guide from 2001 and said £125, pointing at a photo of C9 Blue Snag, I tried to explain to him about condition effecting price but it was a waste of time.
I asked him what he wanted for the others (just for a giggle more than anything) :lol:
Lando General Comlete C9 £50
EV9 C9 £100
Amanaman C8-C9 £100 :roll:
Bollux is right.......these halfwits thing they can retire from a few good figs.
I told him I would be back in a year to talk business about the same figs :twisted:

gustie

Sith Lord
those fantasia verlang price guides are worse lol

it says loose klaatu - £14!!

i was at a car boot and the bloke was asking £2.50 per fig

i seen him again another time and he didnt recognise me - wanted £4+ that time lol

i even said they were cheaper last time -

he said nope they were not lol

Bollux

Grand Master
They really have no idea, they will either be left with the figures or some poor unfortunate soul will end up paying over the odds for them!

SNAGGLE

Padawan
What gets me wondering is, with such little knowledge on the price, and given the fact that he thought that Lando's cloak was repro because it wasn't vinyl :roll:
How did he get his mitts on such a prime batch of loose figures :|
The annoying thing for me personally is that figures of that condition could be on display and being enjoyed by a collector. If this guy had even been anywhere near the true value of the pieces, then we could have struck a fair deal.

In Liverpool there used to be a shop at the top of town that sold all-sorts of stuff (good condition collectables). A good five years ago he sold me a C8 Blue Snag for £80. When I asked where he had it from, he said that he had placed an add on some kind of car boot forum saying that he would pay £15 for a Blue Snag. Four people sold him Blue Snags, and mine was the worst of the bunch.
Although a little sneaky, I admit, at least this guy knew what things are worth and understood the spirit of the chase.

Bollux

Grand Master
fair play to him mate, if people are willing to sell them for that much then so be it!

as for the other guy, like you said mate, what a waste!

SNAGGLE

Padawan
Absolutely, the folk who got their £15 were probably made up :D not everyone knows the story behind the figure, or the reason why it is a desirable piece, lets face it.
Shame I didn't get there earlier to see the others :x Although he did say that the best one he had went for a ton, which is a fair price considering it sounded mint with real tidy boots.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
SNAGGLE said:
Lando General Comlete C9 £50
EV9 C9 £100
Amanaman C8-C9 £100 :roll:

I can't believe you turned those prices down! What a bargain! :roll:
Does he not even think to check Ebay?

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
:roll: You gotta wonder how many years they are prepared to hold on to their SW stuff before the penny drops an they realise that actually one figure in mediocre condition is not worth 3 times the GDP of Belgium!

**Delboy75**

Jedi Master
There is a little shop around here that sells all sorts of movie stuff, dvd's, autographs and also some old vintage star wars. It's a cracking little shop tbh, BUT...

He has a yak face, loose in about a c5 (at best) condition, asking......£150 lol.
I tried to explain to him once that even mint he'd be lucky to get half that, but it was like talking to a plank of wood lol.
In fact the cheapest potf fig he has is a really poor pop up r2 for £75.
He's had them in his store now for about 10 years :roll:

Anyway i pop in from time to time, and last weeked he had about 10 loose rotj figs, with the badly ripped cardbacks and is asking between £120-250 for them :shock:

plus i think it was a mint loose chirpa for...£80

Actually i can't remember why i didn't snap them up :mrgreen:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom