Valuation of a number of items

A

Anonymous

Hi,

This is my first post so apologies if I've missed off anything or end up saying something I shouldn't have! :D

I've been gradually selling off some of my Star Wars bits and pieces over the past year or so on eBay and I'm getting to the items that don't seem to appear all the regularly so I need some advice on what they're worth.

I'm at work at the moment so I won't be able to post any images until I get home, but I'll give some details of the items initially.

Here we go.

1. Giftworks Star Wars The Art Of Ralph McQuarrie - contains 48-page book, 15 postcards & 6 collectible postage stamps (1996).

2. Star Wars 3D Mounted Postcard.

3. The Empire Strikes Back 3D Mounted Postcard.

4. Return Of The Jedi 3D Mounted Postcard.

5. Letraset Action Transfers - Star Wars - Part 1 - Battle At Mos Eisley (1977).

6. Letraset Action Transfers - Star Wars - Part 2 - Escape From The Death Star (1977).

7. Letraset Action Transfers - Star Wars - Part 3 - Rebel Air Attack (1977).

8. CUI Inc. Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back Toby Jug limited edition 2029/19500 (1994).

9. CUI Inc. Star Wars Return Of The Jedi Toby Jug limited edition 2007/19500 (1994).

10. LucasFilm Limited 15th Anniversary (1977 - 1992) Coin - limited edition of 5000 (1992).

11. Topps Widevision Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back - 6 double-sided postcards (1995)
1 of 6 - Advance One-Sheet Poster
2 of 6 - Domestic One-Sheet Poster
3 of 6 - Style B Domestic One-Sheet Poster
4 of 6 - Australian One-Sheet Poster
5 of 6 - German One-Sheer Poster
6 of 6 - Radio Show Poster

12. Kenner Star Wars 1997 Hong Kong Commemorative Edition 1 - Princess Leia Organa, Luke Skywalker, C-3PO (1997).

13. Kenner Star Wars 1997 Hong Kong Commemorative Edition 2 - Boba Fett, Darth Vader, Stormtrooper (1997).

14. The Score Board Inc. Limited Edition Signed Mark Hamill Photo - limited edition 349/995 (1994).

15. OBI-WAN KENOBI Limited Edition Cold-Cast Porcelain Statue - limited edition 63/1000 - Poured and finished by Royal Tara China, Galway, Ireland (1995).

16. LUKE SKYWALKER Limited Edition Cold-Case Porcelain Statue - limited edition 164/1000 - Poured and finished by Royal Tara China, Galway, Ireland (1995).

There are others but I think I best stop there for the time being!

I appreciate it's tricky to make judgements based on the above but if anyone does have any ideas I'd appreciate it. As I said, I'll pop some photos on when I get home from work tonight.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Welcome on board chris, sorry I've no idea what any of those items even look like. Stick some pictures up tonight and I'm sure someone will be able to help.

A

Anonymous

weasel said:
Welcome on board chris, sorry I've no idea what any of those items even look like. Stick some pictures up tonight and I'm sure someone will be able to help.

Thanks weasel.

It was a bit of a long shot I have to admit!! :D

Pictures will be up tonight!

Cheers.

A

Anonymous

Ok, as promised here are some pictures to go with the descriptions in my initial post.

I'm getting pictures together for numbers 1 and 10.

2. Star Wars 3D Mounted Postcard.
3. The Empire Strikes Back 3D Mounted Postcard.
4. Return Of The Jedi 3D Mounted Postcard.
IMG_1445.jpg

5. Letraset Action Transfers - Star Wars - Part 1 - Battle At Mos Eisley (1977).
IMG_1425.jpg

IMG_1426.jpg

6. Letraset Action Transfers - Star Wars - Part 2 - Escape From The Death Star (1977).
IMG_1427.jpg

IMG_1428.jpg

7. Letraset Action Transfers - Star Wars - Part 3 - Rebel Air Attack (1977).
IMG_1429.jpg

IMG_1430.jpg

8. CUI Inc. Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back Toby Jug limited edition 2029/19500 (1994).
IMG_1421.jpg

9. CUI Inc. Star Wars Return Of The Jedi Toby Jug limited edition 2007/19500 (1994).
IMG_1423.jpg

11. Topps Widevision Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back - 6 double-sided postcards (1995)
IMG_1313.jpg

IMG_1314.jpg

12. Kenner Star Wars 1997 Hong Kong Commemorative Edition 1 - Princess Leia Organa, Luke Skywalker, C-3PO (1997).
IMG_1813.jpg

13. Kenner Star Wars 1997 Hong Kong Commemorative Edition 2 - Boba Fett, Darth Vader, Stormtrooper (1997).
IMG_1814.jpg

14. The Score Board Inc. Limited Edition Signed Mark Hamill Photo - limited edition 349/995 (1994).
IMG_1283.jpg

15. OBI-WAN KENOBI Limited Edition Cold-Cast Porcelain Statue - limited edition 63/1000 - Poured and finished by Royal Tara China, Galway, Ireland (1995).
16. LUKE SKYWALKER Limited Edition Cold-Case Porcelain Statue - limited edition 164/1000 - Poured and finished by Royal Tara China, Galway, Ireland (1995).
(Ignore the X-Wing!!)
IMG_1259.jpg

Apologies if the pictures on here are huge.

Comments and valuations more than welcome.

Cheers once again, Chris.

burnsy

Sith Lord
Hi Chris, nice looking collection mate.

Holy **** I remember those rub down transfer sets, and I would be interested in seeing what you are going to sell them for as I may have them myself. :wink:

You may struggle on here with valuations as we are mainly toy collectors rather than the associated memrobilia. However, I may be wrong and somebody may come forward with some ideas as there are a lot of new members on here recently.

Sorry I couldn't help, but thanks for sharing the photos..like I say when you have a price in mind for the transfer sets, let me know.

Good luck mate

A

Anonymous

Got some pictures for the remaining items.

1. Giftworks Star Wars The Art Of Ralph McQuarrie - contains 48-page book, 15 postcards & 6 collectible postage stamps (1996).
IMG_1818.jpg

IMG_1819.jpg

10. LucasFilm Limited 15th Anniversary (1977 - 1992) Coin - limited edition of 5000 (1992).
IMG_1816.jpg

burnsy, cheers for the kind words. I honestly don't have much of an idea what any of the things are worth purely because they don't appear to come up for sale much. I didn't realise that most people on here were toy collectors so apologies if this post is completely 'off-topic' so to speak! I do have rather a lot of (non-toy) items that I wouldn't mind knowing the value of before I pop them on eBay but I'll see how many responses I get to this post before I create another thread. You're first in line for the transfer sets! :D

gustie

Sith Lord
hi

welcome

there are a few peeps here who will be able to help you

i think dave tree will be good to ask...

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I was thinking the same Gustie!
Dave, over to you!

I remember those transfer things as well Burnsy, haven't seen them since I was a kid! 8)

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the pointers guys.

Hopefully Dave is watching this thread!

Cheers,

Chris

David Tree

Jedi Master
oh crap,

made a mistake looking here :lol:

Chris in a nutshell, these are all subjective, some may go for more, and others may not.

Also bear in mind where they are sold makes a big difference too as some of the items were once considered hot items, like the coin, but have since fallen.

Another fact to bear in mind is there is the price of what it may be currently worth, but that does not mean there is a demand for it, in which case you might have to price lower in order to create interest. Whilst this sucks, and in some respects heartbreaking, if you have committed to clearing a collection, you should be prepared accept a good few losses in order to generate some sort of return â€" otherwise you’ll be sitting on it all indefinitely.

1. Giftworks Star Wars The Art Of Ralph McQuarrie - contains 48-page book, 15 postcards & 6 collectible postage stamps (1996). £10

2. Star Wars 3D Mounted Postcard. £1-2

3. The Empire Strikes Back 3D Mounted Postcard. £1-2

4. Return Of The Jedi 3D Mounted Postcard. £1-2

5. Letraset Action Transfers - Star Wars - Part 1 - Battle At Mos Eisley (1977). Sold somewhere like here you'd fetch easy £10 - £15 each

6. Letraset Action Transfers - Star Wars - Part 2 - Escape From The Death Star (1977). £10 - £15 each

7. Letraset Action Transfers - Star Wars - Part 3 - Rebel Air Attack (1977). £10 - £15 each

8. CUI Inc. Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back Toby Jug limited edition 2029/19500 (1994). £5

9. CUI Inc. Star Wars Return Of The Jedi Toby Jug limited edition 2007/19500 (1994). £5

10. LucasFilm Limited 15th Anniversary (1977 - 1992) Coin - limited edition of 5000 (1992). This used to be big, but has fallen dramatically over last ten years or so. However with recent 'anniversary' exclusives coming out, there is always renewed interest and the 15th had bugger all released. There are a couple of variants, is this the solid silver coin? I'd need to ask on this one what these are currently floating around at.

These could be promos, usually £1-2 each tops (topps - geddit?) Again, I can check on this as trading cards are a funny niche business.

Once so hot they were going for over £100, yours now for around £10

£10

This I think was issued mid 90's at around $100? It would be fair to say it at least has held it's value equivalent in £.

This and the Luke were hot too at the time, but since have been superseded by cheaper/ larger/ more detailed (delete where applicable) If I remember right, the retail was £125 each, now probably looking at around half, BUT these are a niche line and there could be someone out there willing to pay a lot more for a discontinued line.

16. LUKE SKYWALKER Limited Edition Cold-Case Porcelain Statue - limited edition 164/1000 - Poured and finished by Royal Tara China, Galway, Ireland (1995). About £60 - 70

I hope that helps a little, the trouble is a lot of these products were produced in the dark days that don't count as vintage and not really falling into modern either.

At this time some of the items went for high premiums on secondary markets where there was a lack of anything new to buy, but as LFL have got more loose with issuing licenses since 1997, almost everything has been made in every scale, re-issued, discounted, available in mass volumes that the choice is far too great for anyone to solely want any single piece anymore.

These days limited edition is everywhere, and whilst some of these are genuinely limited (unlike a ‘limited edition’ of 19,500 Star Wars steins), there is just too much of it for many things to now be actually worth anything.

15 years ago you could only find Star Wars in local comic shops if you were lucky (at this time mostly West End Game role-playing books and the like before Dark Horse, Topps, Applause and JusToys started making stuff) or in Video Game stores with NES, SNES, PC and CD Rom titles and players guides. These days you can walk into any high street shop and find something Star Wars related.

There are some really nice pieces in there, but I'd try and tailor what you offer to certain markets in order to get the most interest.

All the best,

Dave.

A

Anonymous

Sorry I've not replied sooner...I've been away for a longish weekend.

First off I'd like to say many thanks to Dave for taking the time to research and reply to my post. I'd appreciate some guidance on how to tailor my items to certain markets if that's at all possible. I was thinking of just putting everything on eBay but despite the fact that I want to sell it, I get a bit precious when I get emails from people telling me, "Little Jimmy loved the X-Wing we got him, he's been playing with it in the bath and the sandpit." I know I shouldn't really worry as they're not mine anymore, but I'd much rather sell the items to collectors such as the people on this board, rather than the general public who will, shock, horror, unbox the item and let their son and/or daughter start handling it! :D Not sure whether I'm alone in thinking like this though! :D

I'll check the coin when I get home to see if there's any more information I can glean from it.

I have quite a few other bits and pieces, similar in vein to the above, that I'd appreciate some advice on. Is it best to start a new post or just add them to this one. Or would it be better to list them all minus images, just incase there's some crap in there that I don't know about! :)

David Tree said:

Once so hot they were going for over £100, yours now for around £10

Got to say I'm a bit gutted about the above though! :D Timing is everything!

Ron said:
Was that the sort off money you where looking for Or1k

Ron, to be honest I wasn't sure what the items were worth. I did think I had some quite nice items, like the Hong Kong ones for instance, but it would appear that timing (and demand I suspect) plays a crucial part in how much things are worth. I'm not overly concerned to be honest as all they're doing is sitting in the loft doing nothing. As long as they go to someone who's going to look after them I'll be happy.

AnakinPOTF said:
Id like to buy some of those posters.

Grant, I take it you realise that the 'posters' are actually postcards?

Once again, many thanks to all for your advice. I'll read up on the 'selling' forum rules and pop some of the above on there as soon as I can.

Cheers,

Chris

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom