help on a large poster

A

Anonymous

Greetings one and all
i have a bit of a strange request but hope someone can shed some light i am looking for information on where to go to get a poster/banner valued. i am not saying it is worth anything just curious thats all, the banner in question is from Ep3 era and i have been told it was hung at the london premier launch but i have no confirmation of this so cant say that iot was or not, the picture is. is of vader with the words rise lord vader over the top of the poster, at the bottom it has the release and cert of the film, now all this doesn't seem to strange untill you see the size of this thing, i rough measure put this at 30ft x 8ft, yes thats feet. can anyone shed anylight on this or where i may get it valued.

A

Anonymous

not at the moment i haven't had the weather to unroll it in the garden but the picture is similar to the one seen here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardyong/11005512/

except that the 30ft is the height not the width

A

Anonymous

yes indeed when i accquired it i was hoping to hanging in my stairwell but it is to big for that even, i have had a look around the web and haven't found anything near this size banner, its one piece vinyl, i believe the promotion company involved with the taking down of the banner should have given it back to lucas arts or someone similar but this one must of kinda slipped through

Ron

Sith Lord
how is some 1 suppose to display it. I guess it would be hard for some 1 to put a price on it. As they never come up for sale

A

Anonymous

i guess if someone has a collectors fair or some other event in a hall or exhibition centre it may be hangable. guess its a rare thing to come up then hey.

A

Anonymous

no other cpmments on this item then, hmm guess i'll keep looking around and asking questions then

AndyG

Jedi Knight
yedan said:
no other cpmments on this item then, hmm guess i'll keep looking around and asking questions then

These items are really only worth what someone is prepared to pay at the time of sale.

However, you shouldn't confuse rare or hardly come up for sale as being worth a lot of money. It isn't always the case that such items fetch a premium.

You haven't had any more comments because nobody that has read the thread can add anything more useful, which given the diverse collecting habits on a Star Wars forum should give you a further clue to the potential market of this item.

Joe

Grand Master
There are some guys on RS who know **** loads about posters so it might be worth posting in the "Other collectibles" section over on the vintage forum ( I think one of them is called Jrosen? )

Worth a shot!

(RS= rebelscum.com )

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
i know some one who might want it ,cant remember his name but he lives at scarbourgh in a tall white building at end of pier :wink: :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom