What is the best way to sell a collection?

hexageneous

Youngling
Hi, I am in the UK and have recently cleared my parents house of all my very old stuff....... There is a massive collection of late 70's early 80's star wars toys, cardless figues, boxed vehicles and playsets.

I am rather selfishly looking for the following advice:

What is the best way of selling these items - individually, as a whole?
Are there any sites showing indicative prices - eBay auctions seem to be up and down.
Is there a comprehensive site showing the figures and their names? I could then post a list of the figures here should there be an interest.

Any advice would be appreciated.......

Thanks for reading this far!

David

burnsy

Sith Lord
Hiya David,

Welcome to the forum.
Sounds like a nice find!!

If you have the time and patience, it would probably be best to sell the vehicles individually to the figures.
With the figures, it depends whether they have weapons and what sort of condition they are in.

Prices are hard to judge as you may find sites and ebay shops that have fixed prices, and probably overinflated as to what you may receive in an auction sale on ebay.

We will help you on here on conditions, names and rough prices as best we can.

Good luck mate

gustie

Sith Lord
hi david

heres a list of vintage figures

http://www.rebelscum.com/VINfigures.asp

you can search ebay completed listings for a ballpark price for each figure

there isnt a definitive price list for vintage really - the last 17 power of the force figures maintain a high premium and there are a few other figures from the first 12 and the odd variant in between that commands a high premium.

was all your star wars sourced in the UK? or did you get any abroad?

id say get some decent pictures up on this forum with good lighting so that people can see what you have for sale and you could get some of it shifted here without the shocking fees from ebay..

pictures speak a thousand words...

the guys here may help you with prices too..

cheers

hexageneous

Youngling
Thanks, I would say there are 80+ figures from all 3 films (sorry, I mean the first 3 films) and 30 boxes - the usual stuff.... Slave 1, Falcon, AT-AT, speeder, Jabba, B-Wing etc....

Some of the figures and boxes were bought in Gibraltar but they may have been sourced from the UK, not sure.......

I'll compile a complete list tonight and post the details

Thanks for the advice so far.......

David

hexageneous

Youngling
I have the following boxed vehicles / playsets, most seem to have the original instructions and at first glance are complete but the condition of the box and item does vary.

B-Wing Fighter
Rebel Armoured Snowspeeder
PDT-8
Speederbike
Radar Laser Cannon
Vehicle Maintenance Energizer
Tri-Pod Laser Cannon
MLC-3
MTV-7
Land Speeder
Endor Forest Ranger
CAP-2
INT-4
ISP-6
Twin Pod Cloud Car
Tauntaun with open belly rescue
Sy snootles & rebo band playset
Jabba the Hutt playset
Darth Vader Star Destroyer
AT-AT
Millenium Falcon
Scout Walker
Slave 1
Imperial Attack Base
Rebel Transporter

Basically I have no idea if any of this is of any value, are there any collectable gems in there? I suspect this is all pretty standard stuff to you guys.....

If anyone is interested or you need to know the condition, manufacturer etc. or details of a specific item, please ask.....

It would be great to understand the asking price of this stuff,

Thanks,

David

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
jaymassive619 said:
If you have a boxed Y-wing let me know

I think I have about half a dozen in various conditions, let me know what kinda condition one your after and I'll see if I can dig one out for you!
May take me a while to find it in all the boxes tho!

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
weasel said:
jaymassive619 said:
If you have a boxed Y-wing let me know

I think I have about half a dozen in various conditions, let me know what kinda condition one your after and I'll see if I can dig one out for you!
May take me a while to find it in all the boxes tho!

Didn’t know you dealt in 2nd hand y-wings Wheaz

I just love that ship!

If you have that many laying around see if you have a complete one i.e all the struts (not bothered about the bomb) I’m also not bothered if it’s been in a few battles here and there and it doesn’t need to be boxed going cheap (It is my Brithday this week lol) then ill have it off you.

Or

If you have a mint boxed and complete one for sale I may be interested in that as well.

Cheers Jay

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Cool, I'll have a look later in the week. (ie when I can be arsed to go looking through dozens of boxes)

FYI, http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3589231&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=93&fpart=1#3589231

No idea what the P&P would be but everything seems to be there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom