Vintage 1977 Chewbacca playsuit- value?

A

Anonymous

Hi all!
Great site and I'm happy to be here!
I just found a beautiful 1977 Star Wars Chewbacca playsuit (without the mask- of course) at a toy show. It was under some books on a $1.00 table so I grabbed it. It's perfect- no fading, no tears- just great!
I remember the plastic Ben Cooper custumes I wore way back then (and some pretty cool homemade costumes that my brother and I put together), but I don't remember the playsuits at all. Maybe they were too expensive for a "Star Wars struck" farm boy and his family to buy. I just found out on another post that they they were indeed made by Ben Cooper right after the movie came out and they had the same plastic masks as the Halloween costumes but did not sell well and were discontinued after a very short run. Now they seem to be rather rare.
Any one have an idea of value? Any help would be most kind.
I'm gonna frame this one and I'd like to tell my wife that someone else thinks that this is as special as I think it is.
Happy day to all!

Just for info the playsuit is all fabric not plastic.
"@1977 TWENTIETH CENTURY FOX FILM CORPORATION"

Included is a pic of the Stormtrooper playsuit with box & mask.

cocofstar

Sith Lord
Hello and welcome to the forum :D

Cool item, not sure of its value but I know there a few Chewie collectors out there who would be very interested in it or at least be able to give you a proper valuation on the item.

You should try Stevemac1976 here or Skye over on RS - He loves all the bizarre Chewie items :lol:

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
Halloween costumes fetch a fairly low price complete and boxed and this is missing the box
and mask. It is worth about as much as you paid for it...still nice to have.

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
tiefighterboy said:
Halloween costumes fetch a fairly low price complete and boxed and this is missing the box
and mask. It is worth about as much as you paid for it...still nice to have.

I have to agree with Todd without the mask and box this item really doesn't have any value at all.

If it was boxed and complete it would be worth about £15 - £20 (check ebay) but as there is no box and more importantly no mask its only worth about £1 - £3. If you find somebody that just has the mask they may offer you a couple of pound more.

Still a nice find.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom