Complete vintage figure collection.

A

Anonymous

Hi there. Please be gentle, i'm a first timer here.

I have a complete set of vintage Star Wars figures that i collected many many years ago. My dad was in the trade in the late 80's/early nineties, so we both started getting a set together.

It includes all the figures, including some variants, such as Luke with blonde/brown hair, Yoda with two different coloured snakes etc etc. I also have the blue Snaggletooth, vinyl caped Jawa, all the last 16 such as Yak face etc.

Now not that my passion sor Star Wars has died, but i no longer collect. The set has been in the loft for about the last eight years, so i'm thinking of passing it on and letting someone else enjoy the set.

SO i'm just asking advice in what the best way of selling it is. Selling the lot as a set, or splitting them up? I don't really want to split them and all the better figures go and i'm left with the figures people have ten times over. But if this is maybe the best way i'll consider it.

And what does a full set go for these days? I've been out of the collecting field and have no idea if the value has dropped from the market.

Many thanks for your advice on this matter.

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
Hi Welcome to the forum.

The best thing you can do is upload some pictures and we will help you out in terms of value assessments. Condition, original accessories etc will have a huge impact on value / prices. (If you need help with this just ask)

By far the greatest way to sell them would be individually for the best figures and in lots for the not so good figures / lower value figures. You will make twice as much (if not more) money this way.

Selling them in 1 lot is usually faster but you will get a much lower return and with the current climate it is much harder to find a single buyer and they will 99.9% of the time be a dealer so the price will reflect that.

If you put pictures up you and the figures are in good condition with no reproduction capes weapons etc then you may be able to sell some of them individually / few at a time on here you would get very fair prices from the lads and avoid ebay fee's.

We will also be able to best advice you regarding the how to move any remaining items for the best prices via ebay if required.

Cheers Jay

plantman

Sith Lord
People on here may be intersted in your collection, but are very wary of someone new on here with high value VC jawa's, blue snags ect.

Post some pictures of what you have, info on where you live as if you are local you can make some sales with collections, you'll save money selling stuff on here.

Good luck with the sales :)

A

Anonymous

Awesome. Thanks a lot guys. I'll snap some images in a short while and post them up on here.

As far as i'm led to believe, they are all genuine, weapons, figures etc. My dad was in the trade years ago, and some of the rare items we got were secured from people well established in the trade, such as Jim Stevenson in Mansfield.

I'll put some up so you can see them and give me your opinion.

A

Anonymous

plantman said:
People on here may be intersted in your collection, but are very wary of someone new on here with high value VC jawa's, blue snags ect.

Understood. I would be the same.

i've actually been trying to find contact details for Jim Stevenson, as he's only in the next town over from me, and we did get a lot of the figures from him.

However, hopefully you guys will point me in the right direction sales wise.

plantman

Sith Lord
No problem,

Im sure you'll shift those figures on here, and if people can vouch for you thats also good.

I would sell seperately as most people will want specific figures, you may be left with the common bits but sell them on ebay as a bunch to finish off.

Andy

A

Anonymous

Hi there again. Here are two piccies from my lot. I don't know how it will turn out, but you may be able to see the variants (big head/small head Han, Brown/green snake Yoda etc etc)

One is just a shot of the collection as it was in the display cabinet. The second is of what I THINK is the last set of 16, plus the VC Jawa, Blue Snaggletooth.

gustie

Sith Lord
nottsville said:
My god. Sorry about that. I don't know why the pictures are so huge!

can you resize it using imageshack? i know on photobucket u can change the size 600 across is perfect for here ;)

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Most of the figures look to be in reasonable to pretty good condition. I'm not an expert, but I don't see any blatantly fake weapons there (he says hoping he hasn't missed any).
The Blue snag looks to be in good condition (Though I can't see his boots), no idea if the VCJawa is legit, but it doesn't look like some of the blatant fakes I've seen.

I think you may well find a few people on here are interested in some of your figures. Ebay (completed auctions) will give you an idea of ball park prices, but remember you won't have Ebay fees to pay on here.
Good luck selling them anyway!

gustie

Sith Lord
has the blue snags silver buckle been repainted?

im after a bluesnag to finish up my run!

(but will have to wait till i have paid for other stuff first!)

A

Anonymous

Stargeezer said:
Sorry man, but that VC jawa has defenitly a fake cape....

Really? Oh well. I'll have to have a word with my dad about that one! And as for the blue snag, i don't know if there is a repaint on the buckle. They are just how they are when we got them.

So i take it that Jawa is now worth diddly squat??

plantman

Sith Lord
It does look very fake to me, i have had loads of VC jawa's, as have a few other members, cape is wrong shape, colour and armholes dont fit right.

As a fake its probably worth...Hmmmmm....50p? :)

There is still some good money in that lot though.

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
nottsville said:
Stargeezer said:
Sorry man, but that VC jawa has defenitly a fake cape....

Really? Oh well. I'll have to have a word with my dad about that one! And as for the blue snag, i don't know if there is a repaint on the buckle. They are just how they are when we got them.

So i take it that Jawa is now worth diddly squat??

As said the VC Jawa is a poor fake.

Im interested in the Luke Stormtrooper ill PM you

cheers Jay

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom