Attic find .. what should I do?

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Have "inherited" a collection from a clean out from my outlaws attic clearance and am wondering whether to keep and let my 4 year old play with it (as we are both fans), or sell it? Most pieces are dated 1977 - 1982, and there are some classics - including jabba and his pit and the millenuim falcon, and around 50 figures including obi wan (white hair)with his light sabre (drop down through arm). What should we do and what is it likely to be worth now?

Look forward to receiving responses.

Sonia

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
soniamay said:
Hi,

Have "inherited" a collection from a clean out from my outlaws attic clearance and am wondering whether to keep and let my 4 year old play with it (as we are both fans), or sell it? Most pieces are dated 1977 - 1982, and there are some classics - including jabba and his pit and the millenuim falcon, and around 50 figures including obi wan (white hair)with his light sabre (drop down through arm). What should we do and what is it likely to be worth now?

Look forward to receiving responses.

Sonia

Hi Sonia

First off its worth noting that nobody retires on vintage starwars items and that they are ALL worth money is a common misconception. There are valuable / expensive items in the hobby i.e certain figures still on the cards etc but usually not the type of items that turn up in loft finds.

The first thing you need to do is put up some pictures see the relevant thread for the guide (its very easy)

The second thing is condition of the figures is everything.

If they are in played with condition i.e paint loss plastic fading missing weapons etc then they most of the figures would be only worth a £1 or £2.

Many of the vintage starwars figures in mint condition and complete are only worth about £5. Some figures (if mint) like luke original the last 17 i.e yak face etc are worth a bit more but again its condition dependent.

The falcon price depends on condition it came with approx 10 separate parts are these parts still there also do you have the falcon box?

A loose falcon in poor yellowed condition missing its parts with no box is worth next to nothing however a mint falcon with all the parts complete and boxed can be worth £50 - £80. There are other variables that would effect the price potential but i wont go into them yet.

Ultimately we can only help you when you post pictures of all the items you have for us to evaluate them.

Jay

aussiejames

Sith Lord
Hi Sonia welcome :) , this forum can supply you with an excellent & accurate valuation of the collection, obviously after you have supplied pictures. Hopefully you have taken the time to read through some of this forum and you will know how to uplaod them. Please don't be offended by any of the R rated discussions or if we ask for you to be in the pictures :wink: :lol:

A

Anonymous

Cheers for the responses, will get on with taking the pictures to post - may be some time.....

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
soniamay said:
Cheers for the responses, will get on with taking the pictures to post - may be some time.....

That respond comes across as a bit half hearted just remember we are doing you the favour :wink:

As said previously you will get an honest and expert valuation (for free) but ultimately we cant do that unless we can see what we are evaluating. If you provide pictures with a description of condition for each item we can go from there.

The odd figure may be a last 17 in good condition and could command £20 - £50 on its own where as the rest may only be worth 1 or 2 pound each.

We will be able to give you the value for the items individually as well as providing advice on how to sell. E.g some figures may be best listed individually whilst other low grade items would sell better lumped into 1 lot etc etc.

Cheers Jay

A

Anonymous

Sorry :oops: , Jay, did not mean to come across half hearted - there are over 80 items (large and small) - so meant it will take some time to get them out and take photos whilst trying to get a four year old and 18 month old away from them!

My Millenium Falcon is grey/silver not yellow, and will check that I has all the parts (def has the board, ramp, gunners, and covers in-tact)

I appreciate that you are doing me a huge favour, but I may not be able to get the pictures done and uploaded for a few days.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. :D

Sonia.

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
soniamay said:
Sorry :oops: , Jay, did not mean to come across half hearted - there are over 80 items (large and small) - so meant it will take some time to get them out and take photos whilst trying to get a four year old and 18 month old away from them!

My Millenium Falcon is grey/silver not yellow, and will check that I has all the parts (def has the board, ramp, gunners, and covers in-tact)

I appreciate that you are doing me a huge favour, but I may not be able to get the pictures done and uploaded for a few days.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. :D

Sonia.

Hi Sonia thats no probs and its great you have come back to post. (we get a few one post wonders lol) Many of the lads here have young kids and i have a 1 year nephew and know what they can be like :wink:

Just Take some group shots of the figures say 20 at a time for now that way we can quickly identify them and if needs be just ask you a few questions to clarify the condition.

Jay

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom