Put me out my mysery

the hesler

Padawan
Just bought my second MOC anyone like to give me a value on it not graded but excellent condition yellow bubble not punched either card lies flat

STAR WARS VINTAGE ROTJ DARTH VADER, MOC, U/P

Thanks Hoff

aussiejames

Sith Lord
Some cardback art changed:
SDC10788.jpg
SDC10792.jpg

Luke, Chewie, Darth, Ben,Han, Boba, Leia & Luke Bespin, yoda & R2 and Tie fighter(tri) I think that is it? So you did well getting an alternate back without even knowing :D

the hesler

Padawan
Thanks for the info so I think im with it when they went from 12 bck to 20+ 40+ 76 etc there was design changes right

Best

Hoff

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
I would value it at 25 - 35 pounds.

This is due to the heavy yellowing / browning to the bubble.

The MIM vader moc is relatively common and can be picked up with a clear bubble quite easily.

My MIM Vader MOC (same as yours) with a clear bubble graded AFA 85 (C80-B85-F90) for 90 pounds.

If you don't already know this the figure on the card is Lily Ledy.

Bollux

Grand Master
Who cares how much you paid for it?

It looks a great piece and will look great in your collection, as long as you're happy with it that's what counts!

Unless you're in it to make money of course as all you've done since join is to ask values!

the hesler

Padawan
No not in to make money just feel vulnerable to being ripped off as im newbie Im glad with him I paid 48 so lil over the odds but your right Im happy so guess it dont matter :)

What is lil eddy again hate being the newbie

H

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
the hesler said:
No not in to make money just feel vulnerable to being ripped off as im newbie Im glad with him I paid 48 so lil over the odds but your right Im happy so guess it dont matter :)

What is lil eddy again hate being the newbie

H

Glad your happy with him Hoth but he could be picked up for nearly half that price. Its improtant to understand the value and worth of an item before you start bidding or you will always end up paying over the odds. (Great for sellers).

If your interested in bidding on any MOC's PM me first before you bid and I will give you an honest imparitial assessment of the current value.

When it comes to MOC's there hundreds of condition factors that affect the value e.g clear bubble, yellow tint, yellowed, deep yellowing / browned, bubble ding, bubble cracks, bubble crushing, bubble lifting etc etc ( that's just the bubble).

Just because many MOC's are listed on ebay for 50, 10, 150 200 gbp Buy It Nows doesn't mean the common ROTJ MOC on auction is worth bidding to those types of prices.

The bottom line is study, research and experience most of us he will have overpaid for items when we first started collecting.

As I said before Hoff just PM me and I will give you the value of any MOC's that your interested in and explain the reasons why which will help you in your learning curve.

Jay

aussiejames

Sith Lord
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Star-Wars-Vintage-ROTJ-Darth-Vader-Carded-7-10_W0QQitemZ300353925295QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN?hash=item45ee7d30af&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14
28 pounds

Joe

Grand Master
Seems this guy is a new ebayer, factor that in as well, people are less likely to go overboard with bids if the seller has under 10 feedback just in case it goes tits up.

In the condition yours is in, probably £40-50 is a decent price. Don't worry it all evens up, next time you will under pay for something and get a great deal :)

As long as you are happy with it?

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
If were honest we've all paid over the odds for something in our collecting lives,especailly when we 1st start out.

£200 for a AFA 80 21 back R5-D4 was a bit of a mistake when I started out.I was happy to get £160 for it a year or so back. :cry:

Joe

Grand Master
Lee Gregory said:
If were honest we've all paid over the odds for something in our collecting lives,especailly when we 1st start out.

£200 for a AFA 80 21 back R5-D4 was a bit of a mistake when I started out.I was happy to get £160 for it a year or so back. :cry:

Definitely, the first week I got on ebay looking for goodies I paid £45 for a mini rig in a beater box with kid scribbling/doodles on the instructions :shock: it wasn't even complete...

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
I'm don't want to steal The Hoff's thread but this must have surely been discussed before somewhere.

I bet everyone has some expensive embarrising mistakes they have made.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom