misb rancor and keeper offer

c_easter

Padawan
020-1.jpg

the rancor keeper was sealed to the rancor as some shop promotion also comes with free rancor keeper poster not related to the card,the rancor is misb with only minor edge ware any ideas what i might get for it ?cheers

Joe

Grand Master
That is a nice nice piece, I have seen this offer before but can't remember which
stores were running the promotion.

It's really nice man, no idea on value, Christian will have a good idea!

Christian

Jedi Master
Joe said:
That is a nice nice piece, I have seen this offer before but can't remember which

Hmmmm.... intriguing piece indeed :)

This is undoubtably a shop-made promotional piece to shift stock. The olden day version of 'BOGOF'. As per the flyer the Rancor Keeper was available when you bought 6 'action figures' - presumably the shop (original source of this piece) believed that a Rancor equated to 6 MOCs! Probably had a case or 2 of Rancors out the back :)

As for a resale valuation what do you say for something that hasn't been seen before? MISB Rancor + MOC RK = £60-70+ OR a unique piece of history = whatever you want for it to the right buyer :p Personally I love it and would like to own it so congrats on a great piece.

Thanks for posting the picture.

Cheers,
Christian

Joe

Grand Master
The vintage shop in Romford that I used to visit had one of these and I also saw one on ebay a long time ago, this was definitely an English offer so I am guessing one of the now defunct shops, woolworths/menzies etc.

Like Christian said, considering it is a retail offer and is a piece of retail history its really anyones guess what it is really worth.

I guess if you add up a mint MISB rancor and a trilogo keeper you get a little under £100 (perhaps a bit more) but if you view it as a cool and interesting piece of history....

Good luck!

Josh

Sith Lord
Christian said:
Joe said:

Hmmmm.... intriguing piece indeed :)

This is undoubtably a shop-made promotional piece to shift stock. The olden day version of 'BOGOF'. As per the flyer the Rancor Keeper was available when you bought 6 'action figures' - presumably the shop (original source of this piece) believed that a Rancor equated to 6 MOCs! Probably had a case or 2 of Rancors out the back :)

As for a resale valuation what do you say for something that hasn't been seen before? MISB Rancor + MOC RK = £60-70+ OR a unique piece of history = whatever you want for it to the right buyer :p Personally I love it and would like to own it so congrats on a great piece.

Thanks for posting the picture.

Cheers,
Christian

I am surprised you haven't seen this before Christian...I am sure there is a person on RS with RK focus who has one in their collection also?????? Gonna try and find the thread now :)

shawn_k

Sith Lord
That is a very nice piece. It reminds me of how some of the shops here in the U.S. took figures and stuck them to 3PO cases to try and move stock. Yours is even nicer than those in the fact that it is two related pieces and you have the flyer to go with it. I'm sure someone could make a very nice display setup with all that.

aussiejames

Sith Lord
The first pic is from SWCC, the second is just my Tri keeper resting up against my boxed Rancor :lol: I remember seeing an Italian Rancor keeper offer thingy somewhere too.

Vaders_Child

Padawan
you cant sell that carl,you hav'nt long bought it off me..lol
It does take up a little too much room though thats why i decided to sell it on to you.

I originally bought this piece about 2-3 years ago off a UK seller on ebay,the flier i purchased seperately to complete it.
Thats all i know about it.
It is the only one i have ever seen,and think as previously suggested it may be a woolworths promotion piece

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom