Vinyl cape Jawa

dav

Youngling
Sorting through parents loft tonight came across my Star Wars figures all obtained in the late 70's by me as a child from my mum's toy shop. All figures are loose but most in excellent/unused condition. The 2 that obvioulsy have come to my attention (after an inital internet search) are a complete Darth Vader (with complete light saber) and a small Jawa with the vinyl cape, which is in perfect condition. Is it worth me sending to AFA ?? I wish to sell but understand that due to its rarity many will not pay the price due to fakes. Min e has provinence (but i Guess I would say that lol) eyes are right, cape is perfect, tight arm holes, close to body, right texture and colour and is cut right etc... I 've had a look here and on the web for a price but what is my best move send to AFA? I know its real but if someone pays the money before being able to handle it I understand the issue.

Thanks

c_easter

Padawan
if it was mine as a kid i would have to keep the lot for sentimental reasons esspecially the v.c jawa get some pictures up of the collection :D

dav

Youngling
Will get something sorted over the next day or so, to be honest they have little sentimental value, and I have a little boy who would love to get his hands on them, he won't by the way lol.

dav

Youngling
yes he has the gun. Looking at him he has no marks or blemishes at all. I have also just found a mint conditioned boxed stretch monster, apparently the holy grail lol and 2 mint boxed 12" star wars figures (skywalker and Leia original 70's) I am sure there are a lot more about as when shop closed lots of stock remained.

Is AFA the only method of gaining athentication as cost and risk in sending to the US are concerns.

**Delboy75**

Jedi Master
Post some pics up using the macro setting on your camera, its easy to tell a legit cape from a fake.

Alternatively if you don't want to post to the states you could use UKG (Uk Graders) who offer a similar service (altho resale value will be lower than AFA) or send it to me and i will take a look at it for you for free.

dav

Youngling
Have some pics of jawa, someone tell me how to post/attach them to this thread??

Thanks

dav

Youngling
^^ cheers link to jawa photo's:

http://s905.photobucket.com/albums/ac259/diebelius68/

dav

Youngling
Well if they were faking them back in 1978 then its a possibility lol. If you look close enough it is textured and is 4mm from the ground as it should be. I want to sell the figure as you are probable aware, thus wanting a valuation. Its real and not a fake I can assure you. If anyone wants to buy I am more than happy to meet, so if indeed anyone was not happy then they would not purchase. I may ask for the British guys who athenticate star wars figures to provide a certificate although I am aware that it doesn't hold quite the same credibility as the AFA but to be honest I am not too keen on posting to the states.

Would be more than happy to sell to an avide UK based collector on this site otherwise will look for the best offer from who ever wants it.

aussiejames

Sith Lord
Hey dav, I know you said it was a childhood figure so i'm not doubting it's authenticity as such. I'm about the only person on this forum without one :x I'm sure you'll find a buyer, but since you're selling it, AFA is a guaranteed investment return in this case :)

dav

Youngling
My problem is the risk of sending it but I guess I could send it insured. I would need to pay $50-60 for the valuation from AFA and my concern is whether I will see this return when I sell. Ok so my question is if I have it authenicated in this country by a respected source what would I get for it, compared to it coming with an AFA grading - anyone?

sith-smith

Grand Master
Problem is, there aren't really that many (if any) fully respected and easy to reach sources. And those that are, are not respected by everyone.

Even AFA is widely despised but if you want to sell it they are possibly your best route. There is the easier version of UKG which is basically an attempt at a UK version of AFA

Failing that, you could eBay it with plenty of pictures and offer to meet anyone in person who wants to view it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom