Loose playworn ships

**Delboy75**

Jedi Master
Just rescued these from my parents loft, they had been up there since the late 80's so most have turned yellow & are missing bits.

PA234994.jpg

PA235013.jpg

PA235007.jpg

Would it be best to completely strip them down and sell as parts.

Its a choice of either boxing them up and putting them back in my loft, selling as a lot (would anyone want them lol) or stripping them right down.

Any idea what bits are best to strip off (if anything)

Joe

Grand Master
Let your little lad destroy them, saves him being interested in Daddies toys :lol:

No more little "accidents" ;)

**Delboy75**

Jedi Master
I thought of giving them to him as he is really taking an interest in Daddy toys, he even has some loose figs that he loves.

But there are too many little bits on these for him to swallow (he's only 2).

Joe

Grand Master
Surprisingly you can flog any old **** on ebay, even ships that need a bit of tlc, if you want less hassle you could stick £10-15 on each of the big ones and £5 on the snowspeeder and AT-ST , there isn't a great deal left to strip down and its only going to bring you a few quid each if you do!

Could get you an extra £50-60 in total quid if so , also factor in postage for ships in need of care, any buyer needs to offset that with the actual cost otherwise its easier to just buy one in good nick.

Good luck though mate, still a nice attic find! Were they yours??

I had some half decent ships in with tatty boxes that I sold a few years back and hardly got anything for them :( (£10 boxed AT-ST for example which was complete !)

**Delboy75**

Jedi Master
Yes mate they were mine.

I went to see my mom today and these were sat in a box waiting to go to the tip :shock:
Apparently they forgot to ask me if i still wanted them.
Last weekend they had a sort out and cleared the loft, it was full of old toys mainly my sisters barbies etc, but i had always stressed to them NOT to throw my SW away.

My Rancor, jabba, and what was left of an At At went to the tip last weekend :cry: ...im not a happy chappy but at least some were saved. If they were in nicer condition i would keep them.

I don't mind breaking them up to complete better condition ships, and posting is ok cus i will get the Mrs to do it lol.
I've never collected ships n stuff, so have no idea on prices. To me these are very playworn and i don't expect them to fetch much but it would be a shame to re-box them and put them back in the attic.

**Delboy75**

Jedi Master
I also found this guy in the cockpit of the snowspeeder

fp.jpg

Its fisher price (1974), and reminds me quite a bit of these in design.
http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=48959

Joe

Grand Master
It is a shame your stuff hasn't survived the test of time a little better mate :( could have boxed em back up
and pass them on to your little lad, didn't realise his age ! I thought he was older!!!

Guess you could try 0.99 starts on ebay? you can get rid of them that way for sure but I wouldn't expect much :(

Like I said Vehicles can be a tricky thing to see due to postage + condition, hopefully you get a bidder/buyer!

Or just come up with a price for them on here, perhaps someone wants some for customs! :D

**Delboy75**

Jedi Master
Joe said:
It is a shame your stuff hasn't survived the test of time a little better mate :( could have boxed em back up
and pass them on to your little lad, didn't realise his age ! I thought he was older!!!

Guess you could try 0.99 starts on ebay? you can get rid of them that way for sure but I wouldn't expect much :(

Like I said Vehicles can be a tricky thing to see due to postage + condition, hopefully you get a bidder/buyer!

Or just come up with a price for them on here, perhaps someone wants some for customs! :D

My little lad was 2 back in april, he loves star wars but is still a bit too young for the newer stuff (small parts)
He has a few vintage figs where the heads can't pop off lol (gam guards his fave).

I think im going to just box them up and give them to him to trash in a year or 2.

Joe

Grand Master
He is going to be a happy lad :D

Good choice mate, considering they were yours it will certainly be nicer to see him playing with them
in the future than a handful of five pound notes thats for sure :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom