197 Skywalker figure Carded

A

Anonymous

can anyone give me a valuation on my 1977 Luke Skywalker carded figure.
It is one with the 12 figures on the back.
it is mint in condition with no damage to the bubble.
Neither is it a reseal.
I can trace it all the way back to the day it was bought in the Savacentre store in Oldbury West Midlands UK.
bought in 1978 as a Christmas present that was left in the attic by mistake and found six years ago when my parents moved house.
i have photos but i am having problems geting them online, i will email them to all who ask though

aussiejames

Sith Lord
Hi, I was polite via PM to you on RS. Post some pictures of the bubble & punch on here. It's worth 2 pounds it's fake IMO, & the "happy dude" is rarely wrong. He just has a dodgy choice in character focus :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

aussiejames said:
Hi, I was polite via PM to you on RS. Post some pictures of the bubble & punch on here. It's worth 2 pounds it's fake IMO, & the "happy dude" is rarely wrong. He just has a dodgy choice in character focus :lol: :lol:
cant get it to put the pictures onto the post.
very annoying.
it seems to be uploading but nothing happens.
Happy-Dude- it is a fake why?
My Mum and Pops will begutted they bought a fake figure back then

Joe

Grand Master
it is fake - why?

1. Oversized bubble (early 12 back figures had very snug bubbles)

2. Stem is too short

3. Colours of the card seem a bit "off"

I took the liberty of uploading a picture of yours on this forum, for me this is 100% fake sorry.

I don't believe this was bought in 1978, fakes weren't about then, this screams of a recently made reproduction.

A

Anonymous

Joe said:
Oh and I am the "happy dude" :wink:

Happy-dude

Thanks for that.

Just sold it .

I still dont understand how it can be fake, i had it from parents years ago.( they now live in Wales)
i am going to ring them and ask.

Regards

Chris

HAPPY_DUDE can you give me anymore info n it please?
Regards...Chris

Joe

Grand Master
Well I don't believe you sold it, so don't pretend ;)

The again if you did , why would you take someone's money when 2 forums are telling you its fake?

Scam anyone? :mrgreen: Seriously it was probably made 6 months ago and flogged on a boot sale somewhere if you didn't make it yourself?

And just to wrap this happy dude bullshit up, YOU called me that on the Rebelscum forum. Remember? It was earlier today!

My name is Joe - it says that on the left.. :roll:

aussiejames

Sith Lord
Chris de burg you just sold it!!! HI Jeanlucborg,

My name Ebola Johnson from Defense Ministry Nigeria. As you may know kindest sir our government had bridge building in country most completed this year. The sum of 5,000,000 GBP was in budget not used but since the prince was deposed this sum now sits in Bank of London.

What I ask, God Bless you, is for help from you to get money from this bank. Please send me your banking information and 12 back Luke for this I will ask for your help in getting 5,000,000 GBP from bank with 10% money for you and your effort.

Please let me know and God Bless.

Ebola Johnson (quote from RS, John makes me laugh sometimes)

Cardback stock is grey not minty bleached white, the punch is wrong
SDC11124.jpg

spoons

Grand Master
I've missed having scammers around. I love the idea that because what is obviously a fake was 'bought by mum and dad 30 years ago' it must be genuine - genius. This guy will go far :D

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
****, if I'd seen this thread a few days ago I would have bought it myself. It looks genuine to me, I don't know what you guys are on about!
Why do you always jump on all the newbies who come on to sell stuff that got left in their parent's attic!?

I hope you got a good price for it, I'd say in that condition it's worth £200, well, that's what I would have offered you anyway!
If you find any more let me know! :D

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
Joe said:
it is fake - why?

1. Oversized bubble (early 12 back figures had very snug bubbles)

2. Stem is too short

3. Colours of the card seem a bit "off"

I took the liberty of uploading a picture of yours on this forum, for me this is 100% fake sorry.

I don't believe this was bought in 1978, fakes weren't about then, this screams of a recently made reproduction.

You can see the glue on the bubble seal as well a total fake.

If you have sold this to someone after 2 forums telling you its a poor fake then your a grade A prick mate

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
Nice over sized dragon bubble you have there. You know they make ones
now that are almost 100% accurate now.
Your not only a scammer but a poor recarder. :roll: :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom