Another amazing find!

SNAGGLE

Padawan
Hi all
Some of you may remember a couple of years back I had an amazing find of MOCs from an old lady who runs a toyshop in a small town near me. Her father owned it during the 70's and 80's. I was tipped off to pay her a visit and she had a binbag! full of jedi cards and another full of mini rigs. I bought them all from her. Although I always suspected she prob had more tacked away in the aladin's cave above the shop i left it at that. Recently I called in because it was eating away at me, and she has found a MISB Snowspeeder and a MISB scout walker.
Anyone know off the top of their heads their worth? She is gettig back to me on the deal because she said she is going to ask someone she knows who is an 'expert' on toys :roll:
We are talking absolute case fresh here lads! I thought the speeder would be worth around £120 and the Scout walker around £80-90,
Could be miles off though, any help would be appreciated.
SNAGGLE

SNAGGLE

Padawan
Thanks Ron, I knew the price would be around that. It's one of those situations, she knows they are worth something but at the samw time I wont be paying over the odds even with a find like this. I sold spoons a Han Hoth from the original batch of MOC that I had from her. The condition of the pieces beyond belief!

SNAGGLE

Padawan
Got the Speeder for £45 and the Scout Walker for £35 8)
I can't get me mits on them yet though because my girlfriend has offered to get them me for Christmas :D
Vintage sealed vehicles under the tree this year! I never owned a Snowspeeder as a kid because my next door neighbour had one and we used to try and get different ships from each other so that we could bring them round to each others houses. You all know the score growing up Starwars in the eighties :wink:
I did have a Scout Walker though, and that must have been Christmas '84'
Mad ****!
Hope you all enjoy your secret santa gifts, I shall look forward to the photos on the big day, and shall also be adding pics of mine.
SNAGGLE.

SNAGGLE

Padawan
Hey up lads
Sorry for the delay on the pics, got myself a new laptop and I've only just got round to posting these.
Enjoy.
SNAGGLE 8)
IMG_3894.jpg

IMG_3893.jpg

IMG_3895.jpg

IMG_3897.jpg

IMG_3898.jpg

IMG_3899.jpg

IMG_3900.jpg

IMG_3896.jpg

The MOC are from the original haul a couple of years back. Greedo is a 20back, I bought him loose and mint with the card and resealed him for my display.

SNAGGLE

Padawan
Thanks all....
Needless to say I'm heading back to see what else she has. I'ts a strange situation, she will produce some vintage from the vaults and then say she has no more. I think she gives out the stuff in drips, almost like she wants you to come back for the company as much as anything, to be fair she is in her late seventies :shock: My fear is that one day she won't be around and all the stock just goes in the skip.
My girlfriend went in before Christmas and asked if she could try and find some figures, a few days later she returned to see what she may have found. The lady said that she couldn't reach the area she wanted to search for carded figs, and that all she could find were the two MISB vehicles!!!!!

All the stuff she has found for me seems to be JEDI, I wouldn't be surpised if she had some POTF though. I will keep you all posted.
SNAGGLE :D

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Ahhhh, I'd forgotten about this story. :oops: :roll:
Mate bargain at those prices! Absolutely pristine. 8) 8)
If your ever stupid enough to sell them you will make a fortune if your brave enough to send them to everyones friends at AFA. Mind you in that condition you would be mad to sell them.

Great find!

SNAGGLE

Padawan
Cheers Weasel
To be honest mate, I was thinking about sending the SS, as mentioned above, the tape isn't a patch on the Scout Walker and is just about holding on :( If I did take that road it would have to be UKG though, as I would need a good kicking sending this across the pond and risking anything happening to it. I would be brave enough to say that the condition is as good as on the shelf in 1984. I'm the only owner since they were ordered at the shop way back then.

SNAGGLE

Padawan
Browny
I will ask for you mate. I've not asked about MOTU or Thundercats either :oops: I used to be big into my subbuteo years ago, she said she may have a boxed World cup edition. Man...I just wan't to have a root around myself but it's delicate, I don't want to dammage the way things are by being pushy.

Josh

Sith Lord
tiefighterboy said:
As mint as it gets.....nice score!!!!!!!!

Aren't they :)

Maybe offer to help her clean the back store up one day , so you can see what else she might have stashed in there :)
Hope you score some more pieces off her mate!

SNAGGLE

Padawan
Josh said:
tiefighterboy said:
As mint as it gets.....nice score!!!!!!!!

Aren't they :)

Maybe offer to help her clean the back store up one day , so you can see what else she might have stashed in there :)
Hope you score some more pieces off her mate!

Hi Josh
She seems to have two floors above her shop which I presume are full of stock, It's mad, but the shop is that cluttered that there are only narrow walkways, she virtually climbs over **** to reach stuff :shock: There is a Lego display which is looks to be from the seventies, it's that faded it is almost white! still has some bits hanging on it also.

I have offered, but it's delicate mate. A guy bought a shipping carton of 12/20 backs, from her several years ago for a couple of hundred quid and cleared the **** up in Sotherby's. She is very untrusting, for example, I have to show her that the pieces I bought are actually in my collection, she wants to see pics before she goes rooting again!

It's a rough part of the world round my way, there is permanent chipboard on her windows because the scals keep kicking her window in etc.

I'm going there 2moz, will offer again Josh.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom