Around 40 figures from Star Wars to RoJ 1977 - 1983 I guess

A

Anonymous

Hi. I'm new to this forum and popped by basically cos I was back at my mum's, where I lived as a kid, and found my old star wars figures in the loft. So I thought, oh, maybe I can get rid of those. I wonder if they're worth much. So, I sold one on ebay lately for 18 pounds! Great I thought. However, they are in varying states. My main question really is what difference does it make concerning the state of the box/packaging?

All of them are open - as a kid I cut carefully around the transparent plastic quite close to the card, sort of 3/4 of the way around so the figure could be pulled out. The other thing is that about 20 of them have no name! I cut the name out to take advantage of a mail order deal where if you gathered about 10 names from your packets and sent them in, you got the Emperor before he was ever released in the shops.

Any ideas on value of figures a) opened and with name; b) opened and without name (see example)? Also, is ebay a good place to sell them?

Thanks very much in advance.

Bollux

Grand Master
I shall leave the Palitoy collectors to weep over this!

What a shame you cut the names out! :lol: BUT I am sure that you loved the Emperor figure!

spoons

Grand Master
hi Satori, it really depends on the card but most opened cards will be worth little more than a lose figure plus a card back. Some of the rarer Palitoy cardbacks still might fetch a few pounds.

A resealed palitoy Darth Vader sold for £70 recnetly, but it had its name intact

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the comments. I didn't expect them to be worth too much, so was surprised my biker scout RoJ got 18 pounds in an opened packet. Sadly all my Palitoy ones have the names removed like that one. Oldest figures that are in a good condition packet are empire strikes back, like this Rebel Soldier. So, I guess the advice is just stick em up on ebay separately and see what happens?

Thanks again.

View attachment 1

A

Anonymous

Bollux - not knowing much about this subject I'm not sure if you're serious or not. However, I think they do all have price tags, yeah

A

Anonymous

Especially for you! Just had a look actually, and they're from various places including the great John Mingis

spoons

Grand Master
that Rebel soldier is a beauty - he might well fetch £50 or more. There's a few Palitoy collectors on hear that might be after an opened card as a filler - If you've got a Han Hoth let me know :)

Josh

Sith Lord
Didn't Gary say the Rebel Soldier was tough to get on the 30 back?
Anyway! Any Dengar MOC for sale? Opened or unopened I am keen for a look anyway.

A

Anonymous

Not sure what MOC is!?

Here's a list of what I've got in case anyone wants to give me a heads up that something is especially valuable, or especially worthless!

I'm probably just gonna list my stuff on ebay and see what they get. Although was there a suggestion above that I might buy new card backs for them i.e. repackage them?

List of Star Wars figures – all opened by cutting ¾ round plastic casing. Figures all in good to excellent condition. Condition of cards good unless stated

AT-ST Driver 70 back. 3 languages ROJ front
AT-AT Commander 45 back ESB front
Bespin Security guard (black) 65 back ROJ front. Damaged card – name removed
Bespin Security guard (white) 41 back ESB front. Damaged card – name removed
Bib Fortuna opened 65 back ROJ front. Damaged card –name removed.
Chewbacca opened 12 back SW front. Poor condition card. Name removed.
B-wing pilot. 79 back RoJ front.
Boba Fett. 30 back. ESB front. Poor condition card. Name removed.
Dengar. 45 Back. ROJ front. Damaged card – name removed.
Cloud Card Pilot. 45 Back. ESB front.
Chief Chirpa. 65 Back. ROJ front.
Han Solo. 41 Back ESB front. Damaged card – name removed
General Madine. 65 Back. ROJ front.
Emperor's Royal Guard. 65 Back. ROJ front.
Imperial Commander. 41 Back. ESB front.
IG-88. 32 Back. ESB front. Damaged card – name removed
Han Solo Hoth. 45 Back. ESB front. Plastic round figure a bit bashed.
Lando Calrisian Skiff Guard 65 Back. ROJ front. Damaged card – name removed
Klaatoo. 65 Back. ROJ front.
Imperial Stormtrooper Hoth. 65 Back. ROJ front.
Luke Skywalker Jedi. 65 Back. ROJ front.
Luke Skywalker Hoth. 45 Back. ESB front
Lobot. 41 Back. ESB front.
Stormtrooper. 20 Back. ESB front. Damaged card – name removed
Stormtrooper. 65 Back. ROJ front.
Weequay 65 Back. ROJ front. Damaged card - Name removed.
C3P0 12 Back. SW front. Damaged card – name removed
Ree Yees.77 Back. ROJ front.
Rebel Soldier Hoth. 30 Back. ESB front.
Rebel Commander 41 Back. ESB front.
Leia Boushh Disguise. 65 Back. ROJ front
Luke X-wing pilot. 77 Back. ROJ front
Nien Numb – mail ordered. plain white box and plastic wrapper.
Emperor – mail ordered. Plain white box and plastic wrapper.

Loose figures without card – condition good unless stated

Snaggletooth - a bit scratched
Hammerhead
Greedo
Yoda (staff missing)
Darth Vader (card backing 12 SW for this but name removed and plastic missing. It's pretty battered actually

saber

Jedi Knight
before you go on ebay mate ...... let some of the guys make some offers for some items

they wont offend you regarding the prices or anything and it's always a friendly place on here

so what better place to sell :D :D :D

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the advice Saber. I'm certainly willing to consider offers. I've got some ships too - boxed. Will check when I'm at my mum's again exactly what I have.

Josh

Sith Lord
Interested in the Dengar 45 back mate. PM me some pics if you are interested in selling it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom