Gamorrean Guard ROTJ 65 back Kenner

P1040002.jpg

dent to top left side of bubble:

P1040004.jpg

card is in good condition, maybe C7/C8

IG-88 ESB 41 back Kenner

P1040006.jpg

P1040008.jpg

The card and bubble really are faultless and if anything I would say they are both C9

Bespin Security Guard ESB 45 back Palitoy

P1040009.jpg

P1040013.jpg

Again the card and bubble are in great condition, but his weapon is no longer held in place by the tape and is rattling around in the bubble!

Cheers all

silver grin

Sith Lord
Supporter
In regards to the Bespin security guard, I am (unfortunately) not a Palitoy expert and so all of the collecting books I own (Stuart W Wells III and John Kellerman's books) only tend to focus on the Kenner cards so I would be grateful for any valuation from a person that knows a lot about Palitoy cards.

Also from taking a closer inspection there is a dent to the top right hand side of the bubble of the Bespin security guard so I would probably grade the bubble at C7 and the card a solid C9

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
I would say 30 to 35 for the gamm guard because of the clear bubble and nice card.

I would say between 80 and 100 for ig-88 because he looks rather nice.

Chris.

spoons

Grand Master
silver grin said:
In regards to the Bespin security guard, I am (unfortunately) not a Palitoy expert and so all of the collecting books I own (Stuart W Wells III and John Kellerman's books) only tend to focus on the Kenner cards so I would be grateful for any valuation from a person that knows a lot about Palitoy cards.

Also from taking a closer inspection there is a dent to the top right hand side of the bubble of the Bespin security guard so I would probably grade the bubble at C7 and the card a solid C9

unfortunately the Bespin Guard is the least desirable/most common Palitoy and normally sells for £35-£50

but they always have yellow bubbles so you might get up to £100

silver grin

Sith Lord
Supporter
thanks dub and spoons. He emailed me asking if I would take £85 for the ESB IG-88, Palitoy Bespin guard and ROTJ Zuckuss! I said no and thats when he said that he used to be a star wars seller at comic con and that really I shouldn't be expecting much more money than that!

Just wanted to ask the experts!

tigerham

Sith Lord
silver grin said:
thanks dub and spoons. He emailed me asking if I would take £85 for the ESB IG-88, Palitoy Bespin guard and ROTJ Zuckuss! I said no and thats when he said that he used to be a star wars seller at comic con and that really I shouldn't be expecting much more money than that!

Just wanted to ask the experts!

Hmmm, just had a 'maybe' close one.

I bought 2 figures off him and sent him money via paypal. Long story but have read stuff on here, then read his feedback along with a story about him wanting funds for a headstone for his gramps and had to sell his entire collection for it which is why he was selling his 'gramps collection' (the one I was after) but then said he didn't know the difference between palitoy and kenner and diddn't know what they were worth. Was going to sell me a POTF Han Carb for £20 too along with the original Larger Palitoy Snag and Darth both on SW cardbacks for £100.

I wrote and complained and actually got a full refund this morning. So either I lost out big time or it was a blag all along as saw on his feedback he had purchased re-cards etc etc.

Got a mail from him this morning saying NEVER contact him again and that I was a complete timewaster.

Only he will know, maybe luckliy I never sent my address

tigerham

Sith Lord
one email he sent me

These are from the orignal star wars films thats as much as i know,not sure what the difference is between palitoy and kenner but are both from the first starwars trilogy!Gramps had them in the draw for god knows how many years,i didnt even know he collected them,there was also a figure on a card that was called the power of the force and had a coin with it,this one was hand solo and a freeze block?not sure if its part of the original ones or not.You may know if it is so it you're interested i can pop and get it in the week.
Kind regards
Rich

Doesn't sound like an ex Star Wars seller at Cominc Con to me :?

the link for the ebay stuff

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290454958854&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

aussiejames

Sith Lord
The guy is a toss bag, he has bought a Palitoy Dengar, POTF ATST, an early bird stand yet claims to know nothing. Good to see he's sticking to the grandpa story :twisted:

silver grin

Sith Lord
Supporter
yeah, thanks all, especially Ham.

The message he sent me just got me thinking that all was not well. The messages he sent me basically said that I would be lucky if I got more than the £60 I started the ESB IG-88 off with! He then advised me that if I wanted more money then to have the figures graded and to basically not get my hopes up!

He also said that over the next month he would be getting about £400-£500 and would like to see the rest of my collection to strike a deal! Me thinks not!

What a twat

DarthStanley

Sith Lord
Supporter
The guy is full of **** & is a scamming nobcheese,he was the idiot selling the fake dark brown Rebel Soldier a few months back! :evil:

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=4134025&page=3&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=186&fpart=1#4134025

tigerham

Sith Lord
aussiejames said:
The guy is a toss bag, he has bought a Palitoy Dengar, POTF ATST, an early bird stand yet claims to know nothing. Good to see he's sticking to the grandpa story :twisted:

So he tells you the same story? Man he must have bad luck with all his 'Gramps' passing away.. poor fella :p

Thanks to all, especially my misses who's sceptism along with the guys story got me thinkin'.

All day I've been at work thinking did I make a big mistake letting those go and at the same time a big relief knowing I had my funds back, threatening him to sort it out nicely or let it get messy with ebay and paypal :wink: 8)

silver grin

Sith Lord
Supporter
Dear silvergrin17,

No worries,if you can send me some pics of the ones not listed yet and let me know a price please,could save on listing,i used to run a star wars toy stall at comic con and the advice i can give is if you are hoping for that much for the ig88 i would send it off to the grading company
kind regards
Rich

- boltonwanderer07
This is the exact message he sent me a few days back now after I told him that his offer was a little off my valuation! Shall I reply back to him saying that i'd be very interested in selling my collection to him as I need to pay for a headstone for a lieing, cheating, scamming ebayer?!

8)

silver grin

Sith Lord
Supporter
Dear boltonwanderer07,

Hi Rich,

If I can find the figures I need to sell then I might be able to send you some photos.

You see, I sort of need the money to pay for a load of things, one of which, unfortunately, is a headstone would you believe!

Thanks for your expert advice on my listings, but to be honest I think i'd rather get that sort of advice from my 12 year old nephew!

You know something??? I find it quite annoying and insulting when there are people who think some star wars sellers know sh^t all about ebay and won't do some homework on the people who either claim to be star wars sellers at conventions and those that then also sell star wars figures saying they don't know anything about them and they found them in a draw.

Nice try but not this time

- silvergrin17

Just sent it!

thought I'd leave out the part about buying a headstone for some scamming, lieing ebayers just in case I thought I meant it literally :p

I await his reply!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom