ROTJ 4-Lom and Zuckuss

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Hi guys, I need some opinions on these please. The 4-Lom strikes me as being some kind of recard although Im not entirely sure how it ha been done. The Zuckuss looks very nice but has no waffle print on the bubble seal. I know that not all cards have the affle print but just want some thoughts. I have included some close up pics of both.

Both cards are 65 Back seem everso slightly lighter than usual Kenner Hong Kong and Taiwan cards and are not high gloss finish backs like most. They almost seem like the cards Kenner used for their Made in Mexico figures. In the bottom left corner, both say "Figur made in Hong Kong or Taiwan as labeled Herein."

Any help would be wicked! 8)

tigerham

Sith Lord
Hey Chris, well as you know I'm no expert but the first Zuckuss's punch hole looks like it's been fully punched and then put back into place (as thats how I do mine) but I don't know as can't see close enough. Originals, I thought, are half punched with surrated bottom for rip off.

The 4-LOM looks authentic but going by one of the last pics (close up of rightside bubble) looks like it's been re-sealed as you can see a slight tear line along the inside side. Just my judgment dude... could be wrong!

Actually just noticed a tear line all around the inside of 4-LOM bubble :-S

Ham

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Thanks Ham. I definitely have my doubts about the 4-Lom. Im fairly confident that the punch on the Zuckuss hasnt been replaced. It may just look like that in the photos I think dude. :wink:

tigerham

Sith Lord
No worries dude, like I said not sure about the Zuckuss but 4-LOM you can definately see something not right about the niside edging to the bubble/card. :?

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
4-lom shows signs of being a reseal (Superglue residue and lifting). Zuckass looks like a partial reseal (Superglue under one edge of the bubble).

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
Caswellbot said:
Thanks Todd. Which Edge on the Zuckuss mate a they both look ok to me? :|

Lower right of blister facing inside of card shows some type of circular glue impressions. Unless your camera did this. Also I know some carded figures have been off a little with bubble placement, but I also noted that the bubble is off center to the position it should be on the cardback.

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
I know what you mean abut the placement of the bubble but I think the impressions you are talking about near the inner right corner of the bubble are actual numerical imprints. Embossed on the bubble seal (right hand side toward Zuckuss foot) it has "03A" I think my camera has caught the glare and made it look like that might be glue or something. :|

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Thanks Todd. Do you know how the 4-Lom would have been done Todd? Im sure it is a re-seal but could work out how it was done. :oops:

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
Well Chris the bubble has been professionally and painstakingly reattached to the card of course. :wink:

tigerham

Sith Lord
Capetown said:
Well Chris the bubble has been professionally and painstakingly reattached to the card of course. :wink:

Then why do it if it's so ****in' painful... Sadists!!

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
Caswellbot said:
Thanks Todd. Do you know how the 4-Lom would have been done Todd? Im sure it is a re-seal but could work out how it was done. :oops:

Bubble cleanly was detached/tore from the cardback when the original owner took the figure off the card. Just a simple matter of glue and lining it up correctly with the image....like a puzzle.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom