1981 Palitoy ESB 45 BACK-A Tie Fighter Pilot AFA 80 Value?

benstoybarn

Padawan
Could anybody please give me a valuation for this item? I get the impression that this Palitoy version is more valuable than the Palitoy examples that don't have the large Palitoy logo on the front. Somebody did offer me £250 cash for this item but they seemed a little too eager to seal the deal which gave me the impression that this item is worth more. Your opinions and valuations would be greatly appreciated on this item. Many thanks and kind regards, Ben View attachment 2View attachment 1

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
The offerless 45B is much more common than the 45A. I have an AFA 90 offerless. Pricewise it's going to be worth more than mine cost which was £200. £250 sounds a bit cheap under those circumstances.

Hope that helps!

:)

Jason

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
Hey Ben it was me over on RS that offered you £250

As I said this is one if the more common 45a's and my valuation was based on that fact. You can always bang it on eBay on a BIN or BO to see what you get

My offer still stands by the way if you are interested?

I' m in no rush to tie up a deal as I do have this example just that yours is graded and in better condition than mine.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Im with Lee on this one.I remember Steve T,sold one of these a while back for around £200-£250.Its a nice figure,but relavtively common in the Palitoy field.

Take the £250 and run :D

benstoybarn

Padawan
Hi everyone, I have recently had an offer of £280 on this piece which I might be tempted to accept. Please feel free to contact me should any of you feel that you could improve on this offer.

My website, www.benstoybarn.com, has recently been updated. Please have a look and see if there is anything else that might interest you. I am also grateful for any Facebook thumbs up's and Twitter followings.

Many thanks,

Ben

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
Well if I was u Ben I'd take the £280.
I undestand you wanting to give people opportunity to bid on this piece but my personal view is that this is pretty poor.
If it was myself who had offered £280 I would be right pissed off that the piece is being touted about and I'd withdraw my offer
If its a member on these boards and u start playin folk off against each other you'll soon lose any friends you may have gained.
Like I've already said,just my opinion.

benstoybarn

Padawan
Thanks for your advice Lee but I am really not trying to offend anyone on here. As it stands even at £280 I'll be taking a hefty loss on this piece as I purchased it prior to grading on the understanding that it would grade at least at an 85 or even a 90. Of course when buying stuff ungraded we all take a risk particularly when you have purchased the item online and only have images to go by. With this piece as you were aware I was unsure of the valuation due to a lack of comparisons hence me putting it on here for your valued opinions. I don't think that anyone would blame me or think bad of me for trying to get the most I can for this piece considering I'll be losing money on it regardless. Ben

benstoybarn

Padawan
Excuse me who ever you are I take great offence to your untrue and unjust comments. My items have mainly always been only in "Buy it Now" formats so I really can't recall whenever I am supposed to have done any shill bidding. Bad luck if you happened to bid on one of my items half a decade ago and got outbid at the last.

Ron

Sith Lord
No Ben i remember roughly about 2 year ago. You had figures started at a low price. It was always some 1 with no feedback that won them. I remember seeing the same figure listed on ebay 3-4 times always some 1 with no feedback would win them. Your name was brought up on this forum about it. Just cant find the thread anymore. You might not still be at it. But i would not advise any 1 to buy any off your stuff

benstoybarn

Padawan
Well I can quite clearly tell you that I was never at it! My items have been in "Buy it Now" format only for the best part of the last five years. I do however recall an auction though once when there was an ebay member called plumsteadgeezer who bid on all of my items and won some but did that with many others users also and of course never paid or responded to messages. I had a right laugh when somebody afterwards left him negative feedback and referred to him as plumsteadw*$%*r just prior to him getting removed from ebay.

Just because some bidders with low or no feedback who were timewasters bid on and won some of my items which I had to then relist doesn't give you the right to accuse me of shill bidding.

I have good relations with AFA and all of my buyers, I am not happy to be subjected to any deffamation of character.

Ben

PGowdy

Grand Master
A link to plumsteadgeezer's feedback - http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=plumsteadgeezer&ftab=AllFeedback

Ron

Sith Lord
Ben i still think your full of **** You would list the exact same figure 3-4 times on ebay after the figure starting at a low price sold. Shill bidding yes. I remember you also had a ban from ebay. For shill bidding i suspect. Am not the only person here. That thinks your full of **** .

As i said your name got brought up on here over your shill bidding

Joe

Grand Master
Ron said:
Ben i still think your full of **** You would list the exact same figure 3-4 times on ebay after the figure starting at a low price sold. Shill bidding yes. I remember you also had a ban from ebay. For shill bidding i suspect. Am not the only person here. That thinks your full of **** .

As i said your name got brought up on here over your shill bidding

I might just be a horrible **** but that post had me laughing my ass off lol

I don't know about shill bidding or your rep Ben, in fact I don't know you from Adam but the only
thing I do find strange is that as a toy dealer you are buying things, grading them and then asking a forum of collectors what they are worth? lol it just seems a weird way to go about it.

Most of the Vintage SW dealers I have come across know their **** before they invest! All about the profits surely ;)

benstoybarn

Padawan
Ron you've obviously got an axe to grind for some reason and i'm not quite sure what your problem is. I do not appreciate the abusive language and attempts at personal defamation. Perhaps you have been a victim of shill bidding in the past yourself but that is no need to take it out on me with some sort of personal vendetta. Ron you do not know the facts and it is unacceptable to start throwing accusations at me that aren't true. Any time that I have been absent from Ebay has been through my own choice as it is still the case now as a result of their seller fees being too high. I received a lot of positive feedback whilst on Ebay which is something that I couldn't have achieved if buyers were unhappy and unwilling to purchase from me. Ben

benstoybarn

Padawan
Nothing weird, I just buy a lot of stuff which I am often mostly familiar with and know the valuations of but occasionally I come across a piece that I wouldn't mind a second opinion on. Where's the harm and weirdness in that? Ben

Ron

Sith Lord
Ben i still think your full off **** You are hardly going to admit you where shill bidding on your own auctions. Yes Ben there are idiots out there that bid and dont pay but you used to have the same figure listed 3-4 times on ebay. Cant see the same idiot bidding on it every time it was listed on ebay and not paying. More like shill bidding to me. You say you recived a lot of positive feedback on ebay last time i seen your ebay account you had recived a few negatives as well.

You said that the times you have been absent from ebay is through your own choice because off fees. More like you have been banned for shill bidding

But as you said all your auctions are buy it now or submit best offer. So no chance now off some 1 getting caught in your shill bidding

If your not happy with what i have typed about you SUE ME

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom