Gamorrean guard on Macau card back

Bramistuta25

Sith Lord
New to the forum so bare with me please.

Sorry, I have just read the new sellers please read section.

My name is Bram, I live in Ewell in Surrey and an avid Star Wars fan (even had a Star Wars Wedding). I have been collecting (mainly on e-Bay) for about 6 years now and have been trying to complete a MOC ROTJ Collection which is proving quite costly but good fun! I have got to the stage now where I am replacing some of my original carded figures with ones in better condition or AFA graded ones so as always there comes a time to sell. I have been visiting the forum for a few months but never actually joined until now. Spoke to a guy named Jeremy Rea who put me on to it so I thought I would give it a try. i am a nice honest person who will try and do anything for anyone.

Obviously as with any collecting I am still learning.

I have some vintage star wars figures to sell, but one of them is made in Macau and I see that some of these figures are more expensive.

Can anyone enlighten me price wise for a MINT on card Gamorrean Guard on ROTJ 65 back-B?

Thanks for your help. :p

Bram

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
Hi Bram,

Welcome to the forum. 8) Hope you stick around and enjoy the banter.

As this is more of a valuation question, I propose to move it to the appropriate section. Is that all right by you?

Emiel

Bramistuta25

Sith Lord
Capetown said:
Hi Bram,

Welcome to the forum. 8) Hope you stick around and enjoy the banter.

As this is more of a valuation question, I propose to move it to the appropriate section. Is that all right by you?

Emiel

Hi!

I'll definitely stick around for the banter... love it!

Feel free to move to whichever section will help me the most. thanks!

Bram

aussiejames

Sith Lord
Emiel I thought it was agreed ALL modified or moved threads would have an 'appropriate' picture attached? :) So I'll do the honours
even-b10.gif

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
Bramistuta25 said:
aussiejames said:
Emiel I thought it was agreed ALL modified or moved threads would have an 'appropriate' picture attached? :) So I'll do the honours
even-b10.gif

Have updated and attached picture... Sorry deviant, still learning the ropes mate! :eek:

James was not referring to your picture Bram but to an inside joke we have here. :lol:

Bramistuta25

Sith Lord
Capetown said:
Bramistuta25 said:
aussiejames said:
even-b10.gif

Have updated and attached picture... Sorry deviant, still learning the ropes mate! :eek:

James was not referring to your picture Bram but to an inside joke we have here. :lol:

Oh okay... No worries, i'm sure i'll catch on sooner or later! probably later though! :lol:

silver grin

Sith Lord
Supporter
Ordinarily a Kenner versio would go for about £20..... maybe £25 if it were in mint condition on a good day. With it being the Macau version i'm not too sure!

All the best :D

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Hey bram welcome to the forum. I believe you have bought one or two bits from me in the past?

In all honesty mate I don't think the fact that it is made in macau will make a huge difference. There are quite a few made in mexicos around but the large majority of gamm guard mocs I have seen have been Hong Kong. They all seem to sell for around the same. I would say the made in macaus are rarer than the made in Mexico versions but like I say it won't make a huge difference in price.

Assuming that the card is in excellent shape, the bubble is ding, dent and crack free and not too yellow I would say you should expect to get 35-45 for him.

Gammorean guards tend to sell quite well as long as they are in really nice condition. There are heaps out there with damaged and very yellow bubbles. The huge bubbles on these got damaged so easily.

Hope this of some help.

Chris.

Bramistuta25

Sith Lord
Caswellbot said:
Hey bram welcome to the forum. I believe you have bought one or two bits from me in the past?

In all honesty mate I don't think the fact that it is made in macau will make a huge difference. There are quite a few made in mexicos around but the large majority of gamm guard mocs I have seen have been Hong Kong. They all seem to sell for around the same. I would say the made in macaus are rarer than the made in Mexico versions but like I say it won't make a huge difference in price.

Assuming that the card is in excellent shape, the bubble is ding, dent and crack free and not too yellow I would say you should expect to get 35-45 for him.

Gammorean guards tend to sell quite well as long as they are in really nice condition. There are heaps out there with damaged and very yellow bubbles. The huge bubbles on these got damaged so easily.

Hope this of some help.

Chris.

Hi Chris... Yeah I think I still have your card... Saw the nice boxed items you got recently... Thanks for the info, I was just wondering as I have seen the Macau baggies go for good money and didn't want to let him go cheap.

The card is in good shape with minor wear but the bubbles is mint although a little yellow (see below). If anyone is interested then pm me and I can give you an accurate description!

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Glad to hear you still got it mate. :wink:

If you are worried about the price then just list it and see what happens. I cant say for absolute certain but I would say that £40- 45 would be a fair price for it. I personally wouldnt pay more but there are some out there, perhaps with a Gammy Guard focus or 65 back focus who would.

It is sometimes very difficult to tell. I say list it on a sunday eve for seven days and flag that it is made in Macau to see what happens. It will reach what it is worth I am sure. 8)

Bramistuta25

Sith Lord
Caswellbot said:
Glad to hear you still got it mate. :wink:

If you are worried about the price then just list it and see what happens. I cant say for absolute certain but I would say that £40- 45 would be a fair price for it. I personally wouldnt pay more but there are some out there, perhaps with a Gammy Guard focus or 65 back focus who would.

It is sometimes very difficult to tell. I say list it on a sunday eve for seven days and flag that it is made in Macau to see what happens. It will reach what it is worth I am sure. 8)

Cheers buddy... Much appreciated!

if you have any ROTJ MOC carded Figures let me know.

Thanks again!

Bram

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8372

Some amazing stuff here from a great seller.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom