Revenge of The Jedi removed from listing

obben1

Youngling
Hi all

New member.

I am selling the attached film slide, numbered 90376. Measures 5cm x 5cm.

This slide was taken by a still photographer who worked on Return of the Jedi in 1982. It are part of a set given to an employee who worked for Sara Lee Cakes in the UK to use for cake design and packaging.

This is definitely something unique and any fan would love to own.

I am selling for £50 plus £5 postage in the uk (£10 anywhere else. Posted by tracked royal mail.

Please ask if any questions. I also have several others, please ask.

Attachments

• 20150702_091249.jpg
    20150702_091249.jpg
    507.4 KB · Views: 907

Joe

Grand Master
Did this come from Bram by any chance? Is the set being split up or has it already been split?

obben1

Youngling
Hi.

I brought this slide as part of a set recently. I've heard them came from someone called Bram but that's not the person I brought them off of.

Some of the slides (i got several) are being sold but most are being kept together. Mainly selling the ones I personally don't want.

Hope that answers your question.

Thanks

Ben

jedi_mister

Jedi Knight
What's the story with these. They were sold on Facebook a few days ago and now they're being sold here ?

obben1

Youngling
Hi.

They were for sale on Facebook but I decided to remove them from Facebook. This one did not sell via Facebook along with two others.

If you have seen the item in the thread on facebook you will know who I am and you can pm me with any questions about the item.

Thanks again for the question on the origins of the slide and any others please ask.

Ben

plantman

Sith Lord
Yes these were Brams, sold to Marc walsh and then sold on again i believe, whats the provinance on the slides, i know there were some promotional ones sold on RS a while back.

obben1

Youngling
Hi.

I have the original binder together with a number of other slides.

I don't know of the promotional ones sold on RS you refer to (I am guessing that you mean Rebel Scum).

Many thanks again for the question on the origins of the slide for sale.

Ben

shawn_k

Sith Lord
I guess I'll post since I had quite a few tag me when this slide popped up for sale. I'd love to own it, but for the price I personally just don't think it is worth it. The story behind them was great when Bram got them and it is of sad to see them now being split up. I think with the story and the whole lot Bram did well, but on its own it looses that aspect.

The main reason I don't think it's worth the price though is that these are more of a mass produced type slide that would come in press type material and not a rarer photography slide like something coming from Kim Simmons for example.

Grant

Sith Lord
Maybe unrelated but I sold an entire ROTJ Press kit full of slides for $400 or £250 at the time. Might have been 80+ slides. This was like 3 or 4 years ago.

Shameless plug here but iv got the original 35mm Photo Skide used to create the 31 back Luke Bespin Photo/card at that I'd sell for £250. Unique one of a kind slide used in the pre production process. I paid £250 for it 3 years ago.

Best regards

Grant. 8)

obben1

Youngling
Hi.

Again thanks for all your comments.

Really feel at home here and thanks for that.

I thought i would advertise them on this site but i was warned and turns out right.

There are some for sale and if anyone is interested you can find me on face book. I am on several forums but i don't think ill be back here selling.

This item is now removed.

Thanks.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Confused by this... did someone do something rude or wrong to upset this guy?
I just re-read the thread and can't see anything.... its safe to say we'll have certainly seen a lot worse!

steve obi wan

Sith Lord
Supporter
I thought this was pretty tame , however seems more and more people jumping on just to sell crap !

Then never to be heard off again :roll:

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Yeah, I don't get what this was all about. No one was rude to him and they weren't really rude about his items. Shawn passed comment on the cost and I'm sure what he said was what a lot of us were thinking.

To the original poster, I think you have been a bit over sensitive here. Take all your toys and go crying back to Facebook. Non transitional comments do not get deleted here if there is no need to delete them.

And you could have introduced yourself and got to know a few people before judging. Sounds like whoever "warned" you prejudiced your views about this forum. If you would have bothered to take some time here you would have found a great bunch of guys. Your loss though.

Grant

Sith Lord
Frunkstar said:
Warned that we don't take any crap from folks peddling crap here & would be met with a frosty reception if doing so with your first post & no introduction or time for the pleasantries I presume?

Our man Frank pretty much summed it up right here^^^. G 8)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom